It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Camera Man Attacked at Trump Rally UPDATED.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
The problem is that Trump calls every media that gives him negative coverage "fake news". And news networks that praise Trump are considered not fake news. Such as FOX, OAN, and even alt right infowars at one time.

Then his silly followers take this complete bias to heart. Now, Fox is considered non-bias news to them, as I've seen many say on here.

Trump is able to convince his followers that any news organization that doesn't support him is fake news.

Well, FOX is the only major network I know of that broadcasts shows with Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian, and other, hosts.

But, I would never say they are unbiased. They are most definitely biased... against Trump, just like alllll the other Big Media Broadcast Networks.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: xuenchen

It's a problem because playing media favorites only further divides the state of journalism into more left vs right madness.

Journalism should be praised for truth, fact digging, and an attempt at a non-bias perspective .

Just the same as if the journalist and media outlet shows a screaming left bias and distorts, cherry-picks and outright lies then they should be called fake news, right?

You are blaming the President for pointing out the political hacks In the media.

They lie? Trump's fault.

Fox news clearly presents strong pro-republican bias and have been caught lying many times in the past.

The act like the political counterpart of the bias left leaning media you mention, yet are praised by Trump.

Which brings me back to my point. The president only cares about "fake news" that he seems fake according to his clear bias.

That is dangerous and divisive to the health of news in this country.

As if news and social media wasn't divided enough, we have a president who is telling the public what is fake news based on how that news organization writes about him.

Lumenari, so If I write a article about Trump and syria, and that article puts Trump in an ugly light. Then, I am now deemed fake news?

How do you not see the danger in that??

You obviously don't watch Fox. Every host has bashed him at one point or another and the positive/negative coverage is 50/50. This is well known.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

You might want to read behind the headline.
This database is compiled from news articles crawled online.
If the media characterise something as right wing, but hide details about left wing or radical islam attacks then the source is completely compromised.

In other words, fake news spin and hiding details that are not politically expedient directly to the news outlet reporting it affect this so called authority on terrorist attacks. i.e. it's complete horse#. Makes for a nice politically useful headline , though.... grabbed eagerly by those that don't need any convincing.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

But does he have a TV License?

If not, i don't think a long holiday at Gitmo should be out the question.

After all its nice to be nice, especially where BBC sorts are concerned.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Is there a full length video that shows his actions prior to the incident?

We should wait for the full story to emerge, and not get reactionary out of the gate. After all, the media and those with an agenda would never tailor a clip to support their biased narrative, right?

the full story??.....c'mon, this type of demonization of the "media" has been common in all types of dictatorial governments for along time.....political history books give many examples of this....the whole idea is to get the populace to ONLY AGREE with what the dictator thinks is right...regardless of truth or reasoning skills

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Identity of the perpetrator withheld pending further search for a disposable identity.

Real name leading back to a DNC operative 😎

(source redacted for your protection as well as their's) 😀

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Media stooges, of course, are blaming "Trump's Rhetoric". By that line of thinking, we can also say the Trump-supporting blogger who wrestled the man away was the result of Trump's rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It's perfectly fair to blame Right Wing Extremists for their actions, unless and until it's then blamed on the entire Right.
Same thing for the Left.

Let's face it; both sides have creeps among them and even dangerous people among them. Both sides dirty laundry stinks. Both sides are acting equally badly right now and partisans from both sides are way to willing to engage in political bigotry and do it without shame.

A guy acted badly at the event. That's the extent of the meaning of this topic. A guy.

I agree with you completely. Both sides have bad actors.

What I find disheartening is people on here, charged with "denying ignorance", immediately suggesting that it's most likely a liberal disguised as a Trump supporter, while at the same time refusing to acknowledge the fact that it could actually be what it looked like, a Trump supporter attacking a cameraman.
Could it be a liberal plant? Sure, of course it could. It could also be a Trump supporter. It's important to realize that it could be both. Some folks here on ATS (from both sides) refuse to do so.

It's important to realize that neither side is infallible.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Only well known amongst trump supporters who believe the only bias networks are left leaning.

What did they bash trump on? Removing troops from syria.. ? The only thing the media agrees on is war..

Show me some evidence that FOX is a non-bias network, that isn't heavily right leaning...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Is there a full length video that shows his actions prior to the incident?

We should wait for the full story to emerge, and not get reactionary out of the gate. After all, the media and those with an agenda would never tailor a clip to support their biased narrative, right?

the full story??.....c'mon, this type of demonization of the "media" has been common in all types of dictatorial governments for along time.....political history books give many examples of this....the whole idea is to get the populace to ONLY AGREE with what the dictator thinks is right...regardless of truth or reasoning skills

Like editing a full length video into a short segment to make it appear that some kids were harassing and storming a gentle native American elder during a peace march?

Yeah, real news.

How blind can you be?

Call mt crazy......but...I still say, I want the whole story with full context before I make any judgement.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If the media characterise something as right wing, but hide details about left wing or radical islam attacks then the source is completely compromised.

In other words, fake news spin and hiding details that are not politically expedient directly to the news outlet reporting it affect this so called authority on terrorist attacks. i.e. it's complete horse#. Makes for a nice politically useful headline , though.... grabbed eagerly by those that don't need any convincing.

So, it's factually incorrect? Care to direct me to a link to demonstrate that please?

ETA: I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to see/learn about evidence to the contrary, if there is.
edit on 13-2-2019 by narrator because: eta

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't know what he was, but he only knocked the guy off balance. This isn't even a story worth talking about. If this guy was a plant, it wouldn't be the first time. Even when obama was president, there were dem plants at a Tea Party rally holding up racist signs. I doubt the guy was a plant, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he was.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: iplay1up2

Nixon, did not mind the media till Watergate, that is when he turned on them. Just like Trump has now. 

So, Trump is just now turning on the media? Or are you saying he only turned on them after the Mueller investigation began, similar to the timing of Watergate with Nixon? Cause I'm pretty sure Trump has been battling it out with the media since his presidential campaign began... Before he was ever elected.

I was wondering if you could clarify this for me, since I seem to be having trouble.

Yep. It all started when he talked about the criminal Mexicans.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
what i want to know is, why is questioning the credibility of the media such a bad thing? just a simple search could easily reveal all kinds of terrible things the media has been the instigators of.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: UKTruth

So, it's factually incorrect? Care to direct me to a link to demonstrate that please?

ETA: I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to see/learn about evidence to the contrary, if there is.

First off the source is the Southern Poverty Law Center... a known leftist shill group. Might want to do some research on them and their methods before taking anything the claim as gospel.

Here is a video to get you started since I know you won't take the time to do your own research to upset your world view...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah but there is zero proof this guy was a plant, so far as we can tell he was just a trump supporter at a rally who figured he would attack members of the press in an unprovoked attack.

Yet ATS so far seems to be full of members want to claim he is a democratic plant, with zero proof.

Who says it was unprovoked? We haven't seen the video before that, have we?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

so do you then think when somebody acts violently who is at a democrats rally that they are also a stooge?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"The pusher was morally correct, but factually wrong."
-Alexandria Ocasio-Cotez

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

While I agree with some liberal / left outlets being bias and unforgivingly barraging Trump. However, the problem here is that now left leaning outlets are put in this dark light of fake news, while Trump shines a light on networks like FOX news that committed the same endless barrage against Obama.

A president should not be doing what Trump is doing. Basically saying all networks that don't like me are fake news..

Obama and his supporters bashed Fox all the time because they called him out for his misdeeds. Trump calls out the media that continues to distort his words and lie to America. There's a big difference.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So basically whenever anybody is caught doing something wrong at apolitical rally they're probably a plant?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join