It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Camera Man Attacked at Trump Rally UPDATED.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Nixon, did not mind the media till Watergate, that is when he turned on them. Just like Trump has now. 

So, Trump is just now turning on the media? Or are you saying he only turned on them after the Mueller investigation began, similar to the timing of Watergate with Nixon? Cause I'm pretty sure Trump has been battling it out with the media since his presidential campaign began... Before he was ever elected.

I was wondering if you could clarify this for me, since I seem to be having trouble.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Nobody claims individuals spew fake news unless you use the 90% liberal MSM. Cite cnn, npr, ABC, msnbc, wapost, vice, buzzfeed NY times and the list goes on and on. All day Trump bashing news and will print anything that sticks and correct it later.

The media and journalists aren't victims as they want everyone to believe.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
haha!

I gotta say av been reading through the replies on this thread and its a sad indictment of ATS in 2019. So many of you claiming that he must be some kind of Leftist/Dem/Liberal plant with zero evidence. Its astounding how many of you completely fail to acknowledge the rotten fruit in your basket, there are some morons out there who put on a red MAGA hat who take Trump so literally when he calls the press the enemy of the people that they believe that justifies violence against the press.

But no let's pretend it's a plant by the Dems.

This is why its so difficult to have meaningful discussion with some Trump supporters because the inability to acknowledge any kind of flaw in Trump or those who support him undermines all your positions.

Its a bit like this with those of who who claim this guy is a stooge of the democrats....

Given all the instances of fake situations put out by the left to try to show the right as being racist / violent, how can you not see why people would be doubtful?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It's the Trump is literally Hitler argument switched for Trump is literally nixon

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
this kind of thing is just a sign of peoples growing anger towards the media, it's probably going to get worse the more they play these divisive games of politics and propaganda. they should just stick to news reporting.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

referring to reporters, editors, and publishers as “small and unelected elite” who possess “broad…powers of choice” and “decide what forty to fifty-million Americans will learn of the day’s events in the nation and the world.”

I'm sorry, [EDIT- I realize these are not your words but you posted them, so...] but are you saying this is not true? A small elite Doesnt decide what the American people will hear? (in today's world we have a growing citizen news media, but this is a new phenomenon) Do news corporations work in a democratic way? Maybe there is something I'm missing but I thought they work like any other company, in a pyramid structure, with a few decision makers at the top. Do they operate with any sense of transparancy?

Do they deserve to be trusted anymore than Phillip Morris, Monsanto, Pepsi or any other corporation?
edit on 2/13/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/13/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope at the end of Trump's reign, people will be more aware. The biases have always been only display, but they really have come out swinging during trump. Hopefully people will learn from that and not get sucked into the left vs right drama.

One thing I've learnee; Doesn't matter if it's Democrats or Republicans. Both love expanding the u.s. empire and war.
edit on 13-2-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah but there is zero proof this guy was a plant, so far as we can tell he was just a trump supporter at a rally who figured he would attack members of the press in an unprovoked attack.

Yet ATS so far seems to be full of members want to claim he is a democratic plant, with zero proof.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yeah but there is zero proof this guy was a plant, so far as we can tell he was just a trump supporter at a rally who figured he would attack members of the press in an unprovoked attack.

Yet ATS so far seems to be full of members want to claim he is a democratic plant, with zero proof.

As many have stated, we don't take it at face value... I want to see what happened before that provoked the altercation. Just some video of a 'journalist" being attacked without context does not prove anything either.

We just went through this a couple of weeks ago with the leftist media attacking high schoolers falsely to try to paint some picture of the racist MAGA hat wearing trump supporter. Plenty of other examples of fake stories put out by leftist media with an agenda...

So again, why do you find it so odd that people would be skeptical of this story?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He supports trump. He thumped a BBC camerama.....errr....person. if busted he gets an assault charge. Whats the big deal here.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

While I agree with some liberal / left outlets being bias and unforgivingly barraging Trump. However, the problem here is that now left leaning outlets are put in this dark light of fake news, while Trump shines a light on networks like FOX news that committed the same endless barrage against Obama.

A president should not be doing what Trump is doing. Basically saying all networks that don't like me are fake news..

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So you will take it at face value when its a Liberal going bat-# crazy but when its one of your own you want to pretend it a fake.

I can understand being a little skeptical but there are members right now claiming that this guy was a plant there is zero evidence to support such a view.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

My issue is members claiming that he is a plant working for Trumps political opponents with zero evidence.

I just don't get why some members can't just do what Trump himself has done condemn him, call out this kind of behaviour among their fellow Trump supporters and move on.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The media isn't doing their job. Their job is to research, find facts, and report those facts whether they like those facts or not. The media, instead, gives listeners their opinions and edit their footage to support their opinion. The media made themselves the enemy when they painted targets on the backs of our law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

haha!

I gotta say av been reading through the replies on this thread and its a sad indictment of ATS in 2019. So many of you claiming that he must be some kind of Leftist/Dem/Liberal plant with zero evidence. It's astounding how many of you completely fail to acknowledge the rotten fruit in your basket. Yes there are some morons out there who put on a red MAGA hat who take Trump so literally when he calls the press the enemy of the people that they believe that justifies violence against the press.

This is why its so difficult to have meaningful discussion with some Trump supporters because the inability to acknowledge any kind of flaw in Trump or those who support him undermines all your positions.

Its a bit like this with those of who who claim this guy is a stooge of the democrats....

I mean if you actually believe this guy is a plant then what is the point in discussing it further, whats the point in trying to discuss anything with any of you if your that blinded by your own politics.

It's not like this is run of the mill for Trump supporters...

But, lying, and twisting the story to favor the Left IS run of the mill for the media.

You don't think a little critical thinking is called for in this situation?

Oh well... at least I can accept that maybe it was a Trump supporter. But you, you find it OUTRAGEOUS that some people arent just eating up the story hook line and sinker?

So, you automatically believe. But we are the silly ones for saying "Well hold on a minute here, maybe we should wait for all the facts to come in first...you know the dirty tricks theyve pulled on us before."

Wow, that's how lost you are. You shun critical thinking and embrace blind belief.

"What?? More people on ATS are being skeptical and critical towards our Information Masters?? Oh man. Oh jeez. This is clearly an indictment of ATS!!!! BELIEVE YOUR MASTERS DAMN YOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!"

That's you. That's what you sound like.

link   

haha!

I gotta say av been reading through the replies on this thread and its a sad indictment of ATS in 2019. So many of you claiming that he must be some kind of Leftist/Dem/Liberal plant with zero evidence. It's astounding how many of you completely fail to acknowledge the rotten fruit in your basket. Yes there are some morons out there who put on a red MAGA hat who take Trump so literally when he calls the press the enemy of the people that they believe that justifies violence against the press.

I mean if you actually believe this guy is a plant then what is the point in discussing it further, whats the point in trying to discuss anything with any of you if your that blinded by your own politics.

I agree, a lot of Trump supporters play fast and loose with Occam's Razor. Whatever it takes to make it seem like he, and his supporters, are never in the wrong.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

i don't know about this whole democrat plant theory but that guy's words don't feel very convincing or even sound angry, his voice seems too soft, monotone and lacking any real emotion. felt very fake and staged, honestly i think the guy only touched the camera, not even that roughly if the sounds it was making are anything to go by.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Don't need to compare Trump to anything. He is clearly helping to divide the country by further cheering on the trend of people staying in their political ideological bubbles.

Just like the school kid MAGA hat story... One side thought it was racist kids. The other side that it was proud maga kids. Both sides just live in their bubble, pushing news opinion pieces that all confirm their biases.

Discussion and debate is disappearing and we need honest journalism more than ever.

While outlets like MSNBC aren't helping, niether is Trump with his divisive "fake news".

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You don't think a little critical thinking is called for in this situation?

That is exactly what I am calling for.

So why are you not saying the exact same thing to the members claiming that this guy was a plant by Trumps political opponents. A little critical thinking....hmmmmm....Seems to me that the ones lacking the critical thinking skills are the ones who are unable to think critically of their fellow trump supporters to the extend that they mark any of the "bad" Trump supporters as being plants of the democrats.

I mean if there was evidence that he was a plant then fair enough but there's not, zero evidence to support that view just the paranoid thoughts of a few Trump supporters on ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Don't need to compare Trump to anything. He is clearly helping to divide the country by further cheering on the trend of people staying in their political ideological bubbles. 

What did he say to cheer on this trend? Got a quote or something?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join