It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is fishy about this Appropriations Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's this kind of crap that should be prompting citizens to march on DC with tar and feathers. "Had no time to read it before the vote..." should never leave the mouth of a representative unless to explain why they didn't vote at all.

I'll bet every manjack of them had time to attend fundraisers and smooze with wealthy donors. I don't care which cartoon character resides beside their name on the ballot---they were hired to a job of work for the people of the country and they've done nothing but hand off responsibility and create more chaos. The more I see of them the more I believe that election to public office should be by lottery. I don't think we could do any worse by throwing darts at a phone book to pick our representatives.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seeker1963

Too bad the "immigration crisis" is wholly manufactured by trumps imagination and so no one is going to put too much effort into it. The dummy thinks he can fake his way into getting the wall he never thought he was going to have to account for because he never thought he would win.

El chapo just had 14 billion dollars seized. There is the funding.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No worries, according to CTH, here are the GP Sens involved in negotiations...

The usual suspects within the Decepticon Caucus (McConnell, Cornyn, Thune, Barasso, Crapo, Portman, Blunt, Gardner, Burr, Romney) and Richard Shelby held a press conference to announce the outcome of their DHS border security funding negotiations.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

UniParty in action.... once again....

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

www.politico.com... this is also one of the sticking points of contention it seems

Democrats' leading proposal, drafted by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas, would expand the law to protect victims of domestic violence and stalking from being evicted from their homes. More controversially, it would also include “red flag” provisions, which tighten gun laws for people convicted of dating violence and stalking. Advocates like the National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence have opposed short-term extensions, insisting that Congress focus on upgrading the law.
not sure how its relevant (the eviction portion) as i guess evictions tend to be done by the landlord unless they mean kicked out by their abuser?

I can explain the eviction part. Some landlords will put into your lease/rental agreement a clause saying that if the police are called to your house for any reason, they can evict you. That means DV victims won't call the cops for fear of getting evicted. (My last landlord had a clause like that in my rental agreement.) I guess this is pretty common.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: seeker1963

Also, Trump said when it hits his desk, he is going to go thru it and add what he wants that isn't in it.

What? Literally unconstitutional. If congress sends him a bill he can't just add and take away from it as he pleases and then sign it. He can veto it and provide an explanation on why he vetoed it but he can't alter the bill that congress passed.

Um...Do you seriously think "adding what he wants" means writing it onto his copy of the bill and then signing it? It means making a list of things as he goes through the bill, vetoing it, then sending it back to Congress with the list he made and a note saying, "Ok, folks, I'll sign it if you add these things to it." That's also "adding what he wants."

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Valentine Thursday, February 14, 2019

THE FULL BILL WAS COMPLETED and POSTED EARLY THIS MORNING

CBS News Analysis: www.cbsnews.com...

2019 Spending Bill Summary: www.appropriations.senate.gov...

Full Text and Related Links Here: www.appropriations.senate.gov...

Suggestion from Lindsay Graham to President Trump: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Too bad the "immigration crisis" is wholly manufactured by President Trump’s imagination

This is what these leftists actually believe.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Too bad the "immigration crisis" is wholly manufactured by President Trump’s imagination

This is what these leftists actually believe.

Leftists have a very high threshold for what qualifies as a crisis. Thousands of Americans hurt or killed by Illegal Aliens does not meet that threshold. The leftist leaders here in Chicago accept 10 murders @ week as "acceptable losses"...far below the threshold for qualifying as a crisis.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I noticed that the page announcing the release of the bill was dated yesterday, Feb. 13th.

This is over 1100 pages according to the news! Really? Released the morning of the deadline?

I'm not even going to try and find it at this point. I doubt I could read the entire bill before midnight even if I did find it. I have posted in the past that we need a new law that every bill put forth in the Congress, including bills originating in either house, must be posted three days minimum or one day for every 100 pages or fraction thereof before it can be submitted to the President for his signature. That would have made it Feb. 26th before this bill could even be submitted officially for his signature.

This is pure, unadulterated extortion by every member of Congress that voted for it, and that includes Shelby and Graham. It in essence amounts to "Sign off on everything we want, NOW, without reading it, or we'll blame you for shutting down the government!" I don't see how this bill could even be fully typed up in the time span of the discussions held on it... is there some back room in the Capitol full of hundreds of mind-reading speed typists hooked up to mental telepathy machines that only push out paperwork at the speed of thought?

I'm not going to say at this point that Trump should or shouldn't sign... but he damn sure needs to take enough time to read and consider the bill before signing it. He has a responsibility to try and keep the government open, yes, but not by giving in to absolutely ridiculous demands that he abdicate due diligence of his responsibility. That's what I see this bill as.

"Con" is the opposite of "Pro"... so "Congress" is the opposite of "Progress."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

That is why I referred to DJT's proof readers as a "groom team" probably 20 pages per member to be analyzed.

The "Q" members went into quiet mode over on their thread, nobody mentioned the video of DJT discussing the final proposal.

"Q" said "*Their* symbols will give them away".

El chapo just had 14 billion dollars seized. There is the funding.

Who is El Chapo?

edit on 14-2-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Its became popular under Obama to pass bills that were incompete and subject to change.

Obama would tell people to pass this without giving them the complete info.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

We have more illegal immigrants leaving the country than coming in. It's been this way for a few years now. To me that seems like the "immigration crisis" has been solved.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Breakthestreak

We have more illegal immigrants leaving the country than coming in. It's been this way for a few years now. To me that seems like the "immigration crisis" has been solved.

so uh
how is that tracked?
they sign out upon leaving?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think there's a sign out sheet in the desert. No sign-in sheet, though. We just guess at those numbers.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You'll have to ask the DHS. According to them we're only seeing 70,000 illegal immigrants entering the country every year. Meanwhile we're seeing about 400,000 removals and returns each year.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

wow
70 k
that is only like 4 caravans

removals and returns

that is different than your "leaving"
I get the removal
what is a "return"

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Removal is deportation. Return is voluntary. Returns have been vastly outnumbering removals for a while now.
edit on 2/14/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm as confused as shooterbrody. I'd like to know how we are documenting these returns, when we don't even know how many people are in the country illegally.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Once again, ask Trump's DHS. They're the ones putting out these figures.

I'm sure they have a good reason to say that the number of illegal immigrants leaving the country are 6-7 times higher than those entering the country.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Once again, ask Trump's DHS. They're the ones putting out these figures.

I'm sure they have a good reason to say that the number of illegal immigrants leaving the country are 6-7 times higher than those entering the country.

Maybe because they are finally taking the massive illegal immigrant problem seriously and making lives difficult for them?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join