It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank robbery laws are immoral.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Lol are you for real?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Who here agrees with illegal immigration? I've yet to see/hear a single person say there should be no border enforcement.

You're starting an OP to literally have a bunch of people agree with you. Seems weird.

But, this is the Mud Pit, the echo chamber of ATS. Carry on.

I'm going to start calling the Mud Pit "star farm", as that's it's only purpose nowadays.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Become a congressman.

You can insider trade all you want.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

You participated.
I gave you a star, as that seems important to you.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

You participated.

I did comment, good observation. I don't see your point though. Someone who thinks this is dumb isn't allowed to say so?

On the contrary. Just commenting on the ridiculousness of posts such as this.

Also, I see that you skimmed right over the part of my comment that actually addressed the OP. Who is pro-illegal immigration? I haven't seen any evidence of this, although a small fringe group or 2 probably believe in it.

Hence, my point: Why post this, other than to contribute to the echo chamber? Everyone agrees with the OP, illegal immigration is bad. What constitutes illegal immigration is up for debate, but the actual act of illegal immigration to game our system is wrong. Show me evidence of someone saying otherwise.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If everyone agrees that illegal immigration is bad, why is there so much drama over enforcing immigration laws?

Something's not Danish in Denmark...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If everyone agrees that illegal immigration is bad, why is there so much drama over enforcing immigration laws?

TheRedneck

There's a difference in opinion on what constitutes illegal immigration, and the bigger difference in opinion is how to combat illegal immigration.

By itself, it is wrong. Everyone agrees on that.

Caravans coming to the border to claim asylum? Not illegal immigration, as they're claiming asylum, which is 100% legal.

Building a giant wall? Not a great way to defend the country from it, as most illegal immigration doesn't even happen where the wall would be built.

Huge influx of illegal immigration? Factually incorrect, illegal immigration is down. By about a million since 2007, actually:
www.pewresearch.org...

All of that, without a wall.

But, to my point, everyone agrees with the OP.

Illegal immigration is wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe the focus isn't illegal immigration, per say, but all the drugs, trafficking, and terrorism that use it as cover to operate and infect America. Since there are lawmakers that likely benefit from those operations, they must resort to pulling our heartstrings to shift the focus back on immigration.

edit on 13-2-2019 by FataMorgana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FataMorgana
Maybe the focus isn't illegal immigration, per say, but all the drugs, trafficking, and terrorism that use it as cover to operate and infect America. Since there are likely to be many in government that benefit from those operations, they must resort to pulling our heartstrings to shift the focus back on immigration.

This, I agree with 100%. There are so many objectively worse things that are happening in our country, and the government is at least somewhat involved in a lot of it, what's a good scapegoat? Immigration. Let's make it sound like this is the biggest issue ever, and the populace will ignore all the bad stuff that our own government is doing to us.
edit on 13-2-2019 by narrator because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I did comment, good observation. I don't see your point though. Someone who thinks this is dumb isn't allowed to say so?

Point was that the star was important enough for you to comment on so I gave you one. Did you not want it?
Why would anyone think that was dumb? I don't think anyone wouldn't be allowed to comment on such?

Oh, ok, good cause I didn't give this one a star.

Also, I see that you skimmed right over the part of my comment that actually addressed the OP. Who is pro-illegal immigration? I haven't seen any evidence of this, although a small fringe group or 2 probably believe in it.

no, just commented on what appeared to me to be the most relevant portion of your post, my mistake
As to who is pro illegal immigration, I would submit those who designate cities or states to be "sanctuary cities' or "sanctuary states" as such encourage and enable illegal immigration. I do not think a city or state would be a "small group".

I do not think the people in the afore mentioned areas agree with the OP. I agree teh actual act of illegal immigration to game our system is wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

TheRedneck

There's a difference in opinion on what constitutes illegal immigration,

Well, we have laws defining what is legal immigration so logically any type of immigration that falls outside of these laws is illegal. Opinions don't mean squat unless you're talking about changing the law. Until that happens the law should be enforced. Without enforcement there is no law.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I cant believe they have safes and armed guards at banks...

To paraphrase Pelosi: Safes and armed guards are not who we are as a nation.

What if some poor person in Mexico needed that money? How rude! And racist to boot, because a white American man would have the educational opportunities necessary to learn how to crack a safe and disable the alarm, but the Mexican is clearly at a disadvantage here!

Robbing banks has clearly been designed to keep the minorities from advancing. I say banks have to put up bilingual signs so that a Spanish speaking robber can navigate their way around a bank as easily as an English speaking robber could.

Safes, walls, machine guns, gunships, jet bombers and the rough and ready men and women who operate/man these are Definitely who we are as a country, as a nation, Nancy. If it weren't, then you never would've been able to climb such a high horse as to lose any grasp on reality you previously may have held.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

TheRedneck

Well, we have laws defining what is legal immigration so logically any type of immigration that falls outside of these laws is illegal. Opinions don't mean squat unless you're talking about changing the law. Until that happens the law should be enforced. Without enforcement there is no law.

Laws are frequently up for interpretation. There's been thread after thread on ATS recently about abortion laws and different interpretations of them.

However, I agree with you, any type of immigration outside of what the law deems legal is, well, illegal.

So as an example, based on your definition, the caravans are all legal. Because their entire point was to come to America to ask for asylum. Which is a legal thing to do.

Taking all opinion out of that scenario, what they did was legal.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I agree.

The banks are robbing the people left, right and centre.

0.65% to 5% on savings. 19.4% or more on loans. Who's robbing who?

link   

originally posted by: FataMorgana
Maybe the focus isn't illegal immigration, per say, but all the drugs, trafficking, and terrorism that use it as cover to operate and infect America. Since there are likely to be many in government that benefit from those operations, they must resort to pulling our heartstrings to shift the focus back on immigration.

This, I agree with 100%. There are so many objectively worse things that are happening in our country, and the government is at least somewhat involved in a lot of it, what's a good scapegoat? Immigration. Let's make it sound like this is the biggest issue ever, and the populace will ignore all the bad stuff that our own government is doing to us.

Human traffickers who buy and sell children as sex slaves rely on a weak border. I would say that qualifies as "one of the objectively worst things happening in our country".

link   

And they were justly refused asylum. Perfectly legal.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

TheRedneck

Laws are frequently up for interpretation. There's been thread after thread on ATS recently about abortion laws and different interpretations of them.

However, I agree with you, any type of immigration outside of what the law deems legal is, well, illegal.

So as an example, based on your definition, the caravans are all legal. Because their entire point was to come to America to ask for asylum. Which is a legal thing to do.

Yeah I agree and I am sure some who joined the caravan merely peacefully applied for asylum and are waiting. It only became illegal when a huge group of them, using women and children as human shields while cowardly chucking rocks from further back, tried to storm the border and had to be pushed back with tear gas.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You participated.

Hence, my point: Why post this, other than to contribute to the echo chamber? Everyone agrees with the OP, illegal immigration is bad. What constitutes illegal immigration is up for debate, but the actual act of illegal immigration to game our system is wrong. Show me evidence of someone saying otherwise.

Ok, you've seen your evidence- Sanctuary cities. They are a thing. Now will you admit this thread isnt just a pointless star grab and is actually relevant to the issues we are facing today?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Point was that the star was important enough for you to comment on so I gave you one. Did you not want it?
Why would anyone think that was dumb? I don't think anyone wouldn't be allowed to comment on such?

Oh, ok, good cause I didn't give this one a star.

no, just commented on what appeared to me to be the most relevant portion of your post, my mistake
As to who is pro illegal immigration, I would submit those who designate cities or states to be "sanctuary cities' or "sanctuary states" as such encourage and enable illegal immigration. I do not think a city or state would be a "small group".

I do not think the people in the afore mentioned areas agree with the OP. I agree teh actual act of illegal immigration to game our system is wrong.

You misunderstand me, but I think you're doing it on purpose. For your sake though, I'll explain what I meant, just in case I'm wrong and you actually misunderstood me.

I wasn't upset at the OP for getting stars. I'm not upset at the concept of stars either. What bothers me is people repeating the same crap day after day for the sole purpose of gathering stars, in order to prove that they belong, or whatever is going through their heads.

My point is, a lot of people on ATS routinely post thread after thread that are, for all intents and purposes, identical to dozens of other threads already on ATS, oftentimes made by the same poster just a few weeks prior.
What is the point of posting these things over and over, when they've already been posted several times? It seems like people just like to confirm that people are still agreeing with them. This brings nothing new to the table, and it results in a terribly boring forum where the sole purpose seems to be to gather stars.
Hence, me calling it an echo chamber. The same members post the same things, constantly. And when someone calls them out on it, they are ignored/looked down on/openly ridiculed for bringing new ideas to the table. This makes no sense, and it's dragging down the site.

It isn't just me, people have written threads and posts about how they barely visit the site any more, and they cite this exact reason: it's an echo chamber, nothing new.

That's my point. Things like this are driving members away, and it isn't for the betterment of ATS. I've been reading threads here for over a decade, and in the last few years, it's gone so far downhill that I've noticed that members who have been here longer than I are leaving, in significant enough numbers for people to notice, and that just isn't good.

Cue the typical response: suck it up, cupcake.

How original.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

TheRedneck

Yeah I agree and I am sure some who joined the caravan merely peacefully applied for asylum and are waiting. It only became illegal when a huge group of them, using women and children as human shields while cowardly chucking rocks from further back, tried to storm the border and had to be pushed back with tear gas.

If that's the case, why was it being discussed ad nauseam before they were even in Mexico, let alone at the border? Seems like people had a big issue with it before it became illegal.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join