It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy's Government Under a Hail of Criticism in EU Parliament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is rather ironic but not surprising coming from the EU.

Members of the European Union assembly used Conte’s appearance at a “Future of Europe” debate to warn about the future of Italy under Matteo Salvini and Luigi Di Maio, the two powers in the country’s anti-establishment coalition government.

The heated exchange on Tuesday evening in Strasbourg, France, comes in the wake of the French government’s withdrawal of its ambassador in Rome and amid persistent anger across the EU at Italy’s hardline stance on migrants.

Bullmann saved his harshest comments for Salvini, saying that as a result of his opposition to migrants, the Italian government is “showing the ugly face of inhumanity” and undermining the country’s influence in the EU.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The message by the EU Parliament and EU to the Italian people and Italy is that they cant refuse nor deny the African/Arab migrants.
The EU Parliament nor its members doesn't care what the people think and what is happening in the EU Parliament by the EU lunching its criticism because of Italy's opposition to migrants just further proves that narrative.

The EU wants to change the demographics of Europe.
By doing so they don't care what the people say or think about that issue.
edit on 13-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Maybe just maybe the line of thought is a profoundly humanitarian one. Maybe we should always consider we are not talking about strange things but indeed humans.
Maybe after all the time and money spent on African/Arabian countries the events have lead to the conclusion that it always gets absorbed by individuals not following through on their stated goals and maybe the only way to help those people is to let them migrate under the umbrella of a gouvernement who adhears to fundamental human rights.

Your fear is not a good advisor and lacks compassion. Just because of power that doesn't mean they're fundamentally corrupt. Just because the migrants are strangers doesn't mean they're inherently bad.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Maybe just maybe the line of thought is a profoundly humanitarian one. Maybe we should always consider we are not talking about strange things but indeed humans.

Europe has been profoundly humanitarian for years now , member countries have taken hundreds of thousands of immigrants but cannot accommodate everyone who wants to leave Africa , a line needs to be drawn.

There are processes in place for immigration jumping on a boat and forcing your way in is not one of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Your fear is not a good advisor and lacks compassion. Just because of power that doesn't mean they're fundamentally corrupt. Just because the migrants are strangers doesn't mean they're inherently bad.

If the Migrants that are coming to Italy and Europe aren't inherently bad why are the all Migrants that have came to Europe being all male migrants?

You see i have no problems with migrants as long they are legit migrants. But judging so far from what i had seen by these NGO so called humanitarian rescuers they aren't bringing legit migrants.

If NGO humanitarian rescuers care so much about human rights why don't they go to Yemen and bring in actual migrants and actual children whom are suffering from lack of nutrition and starvation?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
The message by the EU Parliament and EU to the Italian people and Italy is that they cant refuse nor deny the African/Arab migrants.
The EU Parliament nor its members doesn't care what the people think and what is happening in the EU Parliament by the EU lunching its criticism because of Italy's opposition to migrants just further proves that narrative.

The EU wants to change the demographics of Europe.
By doing so they don't care what the people say or think about that issue.

Twenty seven 'different' nations and the EU forcing them into 'one' thought

system

That is precisely why the UK is leaving ..... not a carbon copy of any other

nation ......roll on Brexit.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The main accusations were made over the Italian government involvement in France's Yellow Vest protests (when one of Italy's deputy prime ministers met some protesters) and the Italy's veto of an EU statement on Venezuela (calling attention to Rome's close ties with Moscow).

By presenting the whole thing as being about immigration, you are merely warping the context.

edit on 13 2 2019 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I had noticed that the EU wants more Balkan countries to join the EU after the western countries had successfully destroyed Yugoslavia with its regime change and intervention.

Here's a food for thought.

The more countries that join the EU Union the more the EU would be looking a lot more like an empire then an union.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

This is rather ironic but not surprising coming from the EU.

Members of the European Union assembly used Conte’s appearance at a “Future of Europe” debate to warn about the future of Italy under Matteo Salvini and Luigi Di Maio, the two powers in the country’s anti-establishment coalition government.

What ever happen to legal migration. Don't the idiots know that illegal migration destroys a culture over time.

Bullmann saved his harshest comments for Salvini, saying that as a result of his opposition to migrants, the Italian government is “showing the ugly face of inhumanity” and undermining the country’s influence in the EU.

The heated exchange on Tuesday evening in Strasbourg, France, comes in the wake of the French government’s withdrawal of its ambassador in Rome and amid persistent anger across the EU at Italy’s hardline stance on migrants.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I had noticed that the EU wants more Balkan countries to join the EU after the western countries had successfully destroyed Yugoslavia with its regime change and intervention.

Here's a food for thought.

The more countries that join the EU Union the more the EU would be looking a lot more like an empire then an union.

Quantity versus economy? ..... Hope Germany/France can support all these

small economies??

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Go Italy - some sanity prevails - Self determination.

Luxembourg and these Faux humanitarians are free to house illegal migrants in their own backyards.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you lived in Italy and actually had to deal with these nice, sweet young men.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Go Italy - some sanity prevails - Self determination.
Luxembourg and these Faux humanitarians are free to house illegal migrants in their own backyards.

Very selective ..... not so much of do as I do but do as I say?

The Basics Of Immigration Laws In Luxembourg
Non-EU citizens
Non-EU nationals require a visa to stay in Luxembourg for up to three months. This short-stay visa can be obtained at the Luxembourg embassy or consulate in the home country and requires an application, passport, evidence of the purpose of visit, accommodation proof and return-ticket. Upon arrival in Luxembourg, an arrival certificate must be filled out within three days at the local authority office. If non-EU citizens intend to stay for more than three months, a temporary residence permit is required. This can be applied for at the immigration ministry before arriving in Luxembourg and it functions as a residence and work permit.
Applying for a residence visa
Residence visas or work permits take about three months to be issued. The documents required for processing include valid passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, proof of school admission in case of students and evidence of financial means. Employees with profiles that are beneficial to the country will find it easier to obtain permits.
Registration at the local authority
Those who wish to stay in Luxembourg for more than a year need to register with the local administration and obtain a foreigner’s identity card. The documents required for this process may vary from one commune to another, but they usually include a valid passport with the provisional residence permit, work permit or proof of sufficient financial resources, passport-sized photographs and certificate of good conduct. A tax stamp is also necessary to obtain an identity card and these are available at l'Enregistrement, a part of the Ministry of Finance. EU nationals can obtain the tax stamp without any charge, while citizens of other countries are required to pay a small fee. The period for processing the application takes up to one year, after which the identity card is issued. During this time, the local police may conduct some routine questioning in order to verify the provided information.

www.expatfocus.com...=1931/articles/luxembourg/the-basics-of-immigration-laws-in-luxembourg/

Not exactly immigration friendly for all those middle eastern or African immigrants

that Angela Merkle expects being welcomed?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Italy should stand their ground. Every country should have the right to set their own immigration policy. The EU is far outstayed it's welcome thanks to their continual erosion of national sovereignty.

If the EU wishes to remain an entity it should revert back to being a simple free trade organisation rather than a political empire. Poland, Austria, Czechia, Slovakia, Italy, Romania, Hungary, Spain and now even a growing number of French people are pretty sick and tired of the whole thing.

I would expect the former Eastern Bloc nations to jump ship next as long as they are able to. They know exactly what happens when "Unions" hijack their sovereignty. Only this time the Union has a blue flag instead of a red one.

Perhaps Luxembourg should take all of Italy's migrants instead? I'm sure the tiny nation of Luxembourg has plenty of space...
edit on -060005am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This whole idea of not having to care about what happens over there, aslong as we're doing good over here is not going to last. By any means

in the country’s anti-establishment coalition government

Cool, cool. Is that akin to a peace corps with nuclear stike capability?

edit on 13-2-2019 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

not to mention that when merkel came out with her genius idea, originally was for Syrian refugees. There was no mention of an invasion from africa at all...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I fully expect at some point Italy is going to adopt Mexico's approach, we cant stop them so lets funnel them right through to another country.

I know they threatened to do that when I was still living in germany and Austria believed them enough that they sent some military units to the border for "exercises" that were unusual enough to be on the news.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Its all well and nice that politicians want to help migrants, just who pays for the housing/clothing/feeding of the migrants? NOT the policians is it, no, the person in the street, trying to feed their families, cloth their families, and house their families under enough taxation as it is, without more taxation to feed/clothe/house migrants as well.
edit on 13-2-2019 by pikestaff because: spellings.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Its all well and nice that politicians want to help migrants, just who pays for the housing/clothing/feeding of the migrants? NOT the policians is it, no, the person in the street, trying to feed their families, cloth their families, and house their families under enough taxation as it it, without more taxation to feed/clothe/ghopuse migrants as well.

Politicians are very 'philanthropic with the tax-payers money.

I think it gives them 'that feel good factor'!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you lived in Italy and actually had to deal with these nice, sweet young men.

I actually did stay in Italy in a facility that provided housing and food for mostly africans and the ones I met were with the obvious two or three exceptions, nice and smart.

Nobody raped me, nobody robbed me on the contrary actually. They we're pretty supportive. And I am white.
With the experiences I had nobody will talk me into having fear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join