It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Hated Lesbian In Baltimore Explains Why She Got Fired From LGBTQ Commission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I wonder how many gay people in this country share the same belief as lesbian activist, Julia Beck? This woman believes in the concept of “biological reality,” which apparently got her booted off of Baltimore's LGBTQ Commission. She was the sole lesbian on this committee and was terminated because she used "the wrong pronoun to identify a rapist who identified as trans." She believes that the "T" in LGBTQ, "is based on gender identity, which is not based in biological reality."

“The L, G and B, are based on sexuality, sex, biological reality, but the T is based on gender identity, which is not based in biological reality. In fact, I would argue it is opposed to biological reality,” said Beck. “The LGB is very different from the T, and I don’t think it is fair to lump us all into the same acronym.”

dailycaller.com...

She also spoke out against subjecting children to unnecessary medical treatment, who don't conform to traditional gender stereotypes.

She spoke out against what she saw as a push to identify children who might not conform to traditional gender stereotypes as transgender and subjecting them to medical treatment. "Children who would likely grow up to be happy gay adults are now being sterilized for defying sex stereotypes," she said.

www.theblaze.com...

Most importantly, she fears that women are in danger from predatory men who "can easily gain access to single-sex spaces simply by calling themselves female." She fears that this "puts every woman and girl at risk."

“Well, when we get down to it, women and girls all share a biological reality,” said Beck. “We are all female. But if any man, if any male person can call himself a woman, or be legally identified as female, then predatory men will do so in order to gain access to women’s single-sex spaces, and it puts every woman and girl at risk.”

dailycaller.com...

After a months long witch-hunt, I was found guilty of "violence." My crime? Using male pronouns to talk about a convicted male rapist who identifies as transgender and prefers female pronouns. It doesn't matter that he sexually assaulted two women in a women's prison, after being transferred there on account of his gender identity. Oh no, it is far more criminal for me to call a male rapist "he," than it is for him to rape.

www.theblaze.com...

I applaud this courageous woman for having the hutzpah, to stand her ground and believing in biological facts that most Americans accept as true and undisputable.

Julia Beck's Interview With Tucker Carlson on February 12:

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The scary part here is that a city has a commission to make sure people use only "approved words" .

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Trans is a issue of the mind not the body and it should be treated as such.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What does the Q stand for in this acronym?

I figured out the others and g covers gay so q was not necessary for queer.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I think people would be surprised to find out just how many gay and lesbian people agree with Julia Beck, and do NOT agree with the current Trans Taliban nonsense. Lesbians especially do not appreciate having their events overrun with men talking over the rest about their own issues, nor do they appreciate being told they must have sex with these men and their "laydee" parts or they're just "transphobes" and "vagina fetishists." The treatment lesbians have received is downright abominable.

Julia Beck was one of several women that spoke at an event sponsored by the Heritage Foundation. She was pretty darn impressive. I was pleasantly surprised. The entire event is worth watching, but here's Julia Beck's speech for anyone interested.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

The "Q" does stand for queer.

Seemed redundant to me too, but apparently there is a specific definition in the community that isn't the same as ours.
Maybe the Urban Dictionary could explain it better than I can!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Progressivism is tearing itself apart.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The left must be delicious. Because it cant stop eating itself lol!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Queer doesnt have to mean gay. It can also mean gender-nonconforming or pansexual, bisexual and a host of other things. its all ridiculous in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How strange, or even queer is that? I was with some friends the other day having a gay time, I never laughed so much.

What do I know, I'm old, pale, male, color blind, and hold doors for women.

See my privileged toxicity is holding everybody back. Even though I don't care what YOU do in your bedroom.

Worst of all, a USMC vet. (that was spit on, and called "babykiller" by the "pro-choice" crowd) that is still willing to defend All speech with my life, wot u got?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I just wish there was a Constitutional amendment that would prohibit government from policing speech. . . . . .

Wait, what?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If sexuality and gender identity should be ambiguous and unrelated to biological gender, why do interest groups insist on L for women and G for men--along with other letters/identities?

That in itself implies exclusivity.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I agree with her too. But they should have had a plan for this before they started calling for everyone to be included and try to force the rest of us to comply . A lot of people saw this coming and now when a man says he is a woman he had more rights than a woman.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well, she just got banned from Twitter! So there you have it. If you don't agree with the agenda, you will be banned and shunned from society.

On a plus side, she is suing Twitter, so this is going to get good.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The "Q" does stand for queer.

Seemed redundant to me too, but apparently there is a specific definition in the community that isn't the same as ours.
Maybe the Urban Dictionary could explain it better than I can!

I thought the Q was for questioning.
Someone who can't be readily pigeonholed in regards to sex or gender identity.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

This is interesting... "questioning" made sense too, so I looked it up and apparently it can mean either!

Q can mean either 'questioning' or 'queer,' Fred Sainz, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that lobbies for LGBT rights, told USA TODAY Network. Either interpretation is accepted, he said.

What does the Q in LGBTQ stand for?

"Queer" is apparently an umbrella term that covers anything/everything not otherwise specifically defined.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Of course we should not subject children to treatments and changes without them knowing what it means. This is just common sense and has always been common sense.

The issue is the counter part to this - religion.

Subjecting children to ideas, ceremonies and even mutilations that can and do affect them for the rest of their lives, has been around and ok for centuries.

You cannot limit one without the other, they are linked and those in power know this. It's a touchy subject because if one is brainwashing then so is the other one. If one is immoral then so is the other one. No easy solution without touching religion and religious rights as well, and those are protected.

edit on 13-2-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think I brought this up here a a long time ago.

If you are gay or lesbian, this depends on you only ever being sexually attracted to people who are the same biological sex as you. This is a sex-based thing.

But when you add transpeople to the mix, the apple cart is upset. Now you have men who are women and women who are men. Their identity depends on them being treated exactly as if they were the biological sex they are actually not in reality. This is what gender now is.

What happens when a transperson who identifies as female wants to get it on with a lesbian? This does not mix. You have someone who is only attracted to biological women being hit on by someone who is not a biological woman, and someone hitting on her whose identity and mental stability depends on being treated as if "she" is.

You can write this scenario in reverse too with a gay man and transperson.

I would expect that people who truly are gay and not actually bi have as much trouble or could have as much trouble with all this as those of us who are straight and for the same reasons.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I've always found it odd that there are organizations that try to place all gender variant people into one big group when a lot of the smaller subdivisions actively dislike each other. I suppose they have common goals when it comes to working for equality laws and social awareness, but groups like lesbians and gay men, for instance, really have almost nothing else in common.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the Q stands for questioning. So that nobody is left out except all the natural people who have no idenity problems.

<<   2 >>

join