It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Titus Flavius the real Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Seriously have you just listened to this wild assumption and accepted it without any serious clarification of the evidence

No, I've actually listened to his argument and watched and read a lot of debunking material. I think he makes a valid argument. I'm not sure I believe it because anyone can see some animal in a cloud. It's the nature of superstition.

No you haven’t, you have done no research what so ever
Maybe listened, nodded and then posted the video as fast as possible to garner a few stars and flags but never passed a critical eye over what you have posted here.

There isn’t one decent valid scholar that I can find that would even attempt to justify or support this argument in any way at all, not a single person with an education has agreed with your assertion

I just read a report from hardened atheists belittling and making light of other atheists promoting this concept, because even they think it a joke.

You have taken no notice of any debunking material at all, that much is evident

Haha and you have fallen to the crowd mandate.

So many apologists all in agreement should be cause for concern..not cause for belief.

The enemy has successfully infiltrated ALL movements..organizations..EVERYONE..why do you believe they cannot.

Apologists are the Christian libtards...they won with emotion..claiming all they do are based in facts..when they could NEVER prove it..or even comprehend the tiny mindedness religious belief requires.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This is a rehash of the "Pisa/Jesus" internet myth.

No actual evidence. A lot of evidence against.

Just look at the time-frames, for one.

Most of the Dead Sea scrolls were written 400 years before Christ. Definitely there are no scrolls from as late as the Roman Wars.

Christianity and several of its significant proponents has been well established in history from both friendly and antagonistic sources prior to the Flavian dynasty.

On a more motive driven reasoning, if the Flavians had attempted to create Jesus to counter Judaism, why wasn't Jesus more Roman and less Jewish? Why were the Romans, such as Pilate, the bad guys who crucified Jesus?

The whole thing makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
It is true that only the genuine gets counterfeited. However, copying the first genuine lie with a second lie is still a lie, and the "devil" is in the details. The problem with your theory is that the "genuine" religion is always gonna be the one you belong to.

Don't chase both bunnies. Chase neither.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You and Mr, Raggedy are clearly not on the same page

You have confused religion with God and the two have absolutely NOTHING in common and the ONLY commonality between them is that one is real and one is fake.

Religion is obviously one massive lie and it will tell you the truth when it is necessary to draw you in, we get that already...

WHAT exactly makes you think that every one who believes God is real does so because of what they have been TOLD?

Has it never even ONCE crossed your mind that YOU are the one who is believing what you have been told?

Just like so MANY others, some of them right here on ATS, my religious beliefs have absolutely NADA to do with stories told to me by my parents, I could give you example after example of countless believers whose beliefs were a direct result of a radical supernatural encounter.

Personal experience ALWAYS trumps theories, mine was in the form of a 'Damascus road' type supernatural visitation that took place back in the late 70's.

This left me KNOWING, not just believing the difference between fake and real.

Look up some of the ATS members such as 'FlyInTheOintment' or 'WeAllDieSoon', they will tell you exactly the same thing, that they were left with an undeniable KNOWING that God is very much alive and well.

Eventually ALL of us are going to have to confront our own "silly beliefs".

Spending an entire life believing lies is such a huge waste.

WeAllDieSoon says it SO well: "...seek God. And then you will know what I know..."

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. The proof of God is everywhere. Creation itself is proof. Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God.

The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke... Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would.

You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I wasn't speaking of theory OR religion, I was only referring to what I know and have learned from experience.

I just told ParasuvO that personal experience ALWAYS trumps theories and this is true.

If I hadn't actually experienced what I'm talking about here I sure wouldn't be running my pie hole about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Deep really deep but you are no different, just standing on the other side of the argument, just don’t have any evidence or logic in your argument

I know the enemy can and has, but in this incidence, the evid nec is invalid

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Religion is the counterfeit
That’s the answer

I have a relationship with God through Jesus, not through religion
No chanting, no demand of money, no beads, statues, ceremony or rules

If I give it’s because I love, if I sing it’s love if I do deeds they are based on love not duty or command. All duty I do is based on love for God and fellow man
Religion went to the cross with Jesus, religion is dead

I was not taught by my parents, I do not search

You think, but think wrong

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Some of the Bible scholars are mavericks working outside the restrictions of mainstream religious institutions. This allows them the freedom to provide fresh insights and draw some startling conclusions about how Christianity was formed.

Obviously NAZI propaganda (people will believe anything).
edit on 13-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm not impatient or simple-minded. Your thread was poorly presented. It lacked a central idea and you did a terrible job of connecting all of your information to your main idea (which, again, lacked clarity).

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Using occam's razor, its far more likely that the bible is propaganda instead of being a factual history of a man born from a virgin. But its also very possible that the roman version of Christianity has been heavily modified to be accepted by the people of Rome.

Perhaps clues can be found in bible itself. Barabbas the criminal that was pardoned instead of Jesus was recorded in early manuscripts of Matthew as having the surname "Jesus". Barabbas also means " son of the father" which seems a very unlikely coincidence. So what if Jesus was really Barabbas.

But instead of being a murderer he was similar to MLK. Promoting peaceful protests against the tyranny of the roman occupiers. If that was the case then the Christianity that spread in Rome had to be modified by Rome so it aligned with roman interests. By turning Jesus into a God, Rome promoted themselves as God's spokesman on earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Jesus at around the time of the bible was a real person, supposedly who he was supposed to be. The name Jesus is not right, I think it was Yashua or something like that. Supposedly a Messiah of some sort.

He wasn't the Messiah, he was a very naughty bow...

Actually he was just one of many. No, im not parroting the mistaken belief that jesus was one of many messiahs in that era, I mean in general.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
By turning Jesus into a God, Rome promoted themselves as God's spokesman on earth.

Constantine had nothing to lose by ending the persecution and endorcing of Christianity; Jesus became yet another one of their multiple Gods within that Pagan belief system. What was the very first Temple built to honor the NEW God Jesus and where was it erected?
edit on 14-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You sound like Cartman:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join