It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would win in an international dogfight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I want to know who would win, what planes would they use, and what country are they from.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow this may turn into a heated debate.

I think it will ultimately come down to the Russian Migs & Sukhois
and the American F-15 & F16 & F22/raptors (the few they have in service)

In a dog fight alone, this would be an extremly tough competition.
Both countries have enormous airforces much larger than any other country. I would say the Migs&SUs would have the slight advantage over the F-15 & F16, however with the F22/raptor starting to surface and the experience and deployment ability of the USAF........i would place my bets on the Americans. Its a tough call. It comes down to the pilots and how they perform in the air.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the Israelis and pakis fly the american jets better than the americans and the Indians fly the russian jets better than the russians..

So look out for the INdo-Israeli air exercises that are scheduled for mid 2005...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Definately it would go back to the old spitfire and the Messerschmitt.
Mabye a mustang vs spitfire match......

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Definately it would go back to the old spitfire and the Messerschmitt.
Mabye a mustang vs spitfire match......

As for the spitfire vs Messerschmitt the only differnce was the skill of the pilots and any battle damage the planes had.
Mustang vs F190 would have been interesting I think the FW190 was would have had the edge but the quality of german airmen fell as the war dragged on.

Me262 vs P51 I think the P51 could outurn the Me262 fortunately a lack of fuel grounded the Me262. Note the Me262 was flown by "aces" led by major general Adolf Galland.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How could I forgot the F6F wasnt half bad in a dog fight.
F6F vs FW190 hmmmmm not sure which aircraft was better in a dogfight the F6F had a longer range.............

top topics

join