It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker says This Planet Simply Can’t Sustain People Eating Meat

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
fact is the food industry is for profit and they will do anything to make a extra buck unless you force them not to but they hold the cards hear force them and they can simply raise prices to the point where people starve

If anybody is starving in this world, it's due to politics not food production.

switching to vegan/bugs/any other food source won't change the root of the problem company's do not give a damm about the damage they do only the profit they make

Sure profits are important, and as a result most food companies are not actively trying to kill their customers.

P.S. -- Bugs, though! I wouldn't mind eating a big juicy plate of mosquitoes, if nothing for the satisfaction of ironic revenge.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

A bit of a conundrum, eh?

No worries. The folks likely to vote for this space cadet will ignore it...so it's not a real problem for him.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Meanwhile, Leonidas and his warriors are spinning in their graves like the wheels off a chariot.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

You're clueless, aren't you?

Sports hunters are, in very large part, the reason there's any wilderness left. Organizations like Ducks unlimited work constantly to protect the environment.

As far as natives hunting only what they needed? If you could be bothered to actually research it, you'd learn that Native Americans were often just as wasteful as any others...but you won't, as that would reveal your statement for the fallacy that it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Yeah, but you're talking about maximums. What would be the best number of people to have on the planet so that everything isn't running on the breaking edge all the time? What number provides us with the best quality of life, not just quantity? Some figure that gives us plenty of elbow room while still allowing people to find productive jobs and get medical care. Because, yes, we can stack people up like they did on slave ships, but that would be less than ideal.

We are never going to exceed 11 billion and the earth by 1960 Japan agricultural capabilities can handle 41 billion... So what can we feed by 2100 agricultural capabilities? As to quality of life, what is that? What do you suggest is quality of life, how much living space per person is that, how much food, entertainment etc etc.

There is 24,642,757 square miles or 16 billion acres of habitable land, terraform our deserts and you can add another 12 billion acres. In Tokyo a city considered a very desired place to live there are 4600 people per square mile...24,642,757 X 4600 = 113.3 billion.

The reason why we are maxing at 11 billion is due to the world population having a better quality of life over all and as that happens people have less kids since they are not needed in great numbers. That number maxes out at 10 billion and the extra 1 billion is due to the average life expediency will go from 72 today to 83 in 2100.

Extreme poverty will be wiped out in our lifetime...huge achievement, and it will only get better after that due to technology.

So what do you mean by quality of life? Even America at 4 million sq miles if we knocked off 1 million in mountains and we have mega cities that could be 4.6 billion people in 1 million sq miles and leave the other 3 million for food and parks...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Damn, so they are taking away our income, cars, planes, freedom and now food. Jesus, when is someone on the left going to call out the absurdity?
The co-founder of Greenpeace did. See my other post. But besides bring stupid, it’s also fascist.
edit on 13-2-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH
We had a load of preaching at us in the UK around this a few weeks back.

The recommendation was reducing meat consumption to the equivalent of half a fish finger or a third of a rasher of bacon per day. Primarily due to the demand for a more westernised diet in terms of protein globally.

Rubbish source
www.thesun.ie...

Referenced article in Lancet
eatforum.org...

I love a good ribeye, farm next door raises Hereford cattle that drink from the river and eat the grass living a pretty happy life. What’s wrong with that? Seems sustainable to me.

Got to be better than clearing acres of rainforest destroying biodiversity to grow more soy - poisoning the ground with pesticides and insecticides as you go.
Soy is actually supposed to be disruptive to the male hormone balance. Meantime, the whole meat sustainability thing is directly from Agenda 21 which is a control mechanism. The elites will always have that which they try to take from the masses. Ever wonder why they tell us not to have large homes and why we should limit fossil fuels while they have massive homes and fly private jets ? It’s so what I say and not what I do. I’m the Millenium Declaration, it states that meat eating is too affluent so they keep trying to convince us it’s bad for the climate and we must limit our intake. Also they want to eliminate cars and make us go on bike paths. It’s true. They want to eliminate single family homes and make everybody live in apartments or duplexes. There is a planning development called ICLEI for towns and cities and if you drive thru places which have adopted it (such as Bozeman for example), you can see how few large homes there are and how many duplexes and apartments there are.
Meat and sustainability americanpolicy.org...
ICLEI and homes www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 13-2-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

As you would know I am Native

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

maybe when you learn what "left wing neo Marxist revisionist garbage" is and not some words you think you can throw out there to sound intelligent, we can talk

"You have an absolutely ridiculous and fake outlook on indigenous people."

Yeah, I am a Native

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Yes, quite a few of us were born here, too.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: seagull

As you would know I am Native

Native doesn't mean you actually know history even if you do know your culture.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: seattlerat

Please, spare us the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. By some studies, as many as 90% of vegetarians cheat at least occasionally. Heck, many have dedicated "cheat days" when they allow themselves to eat meat.

Did you know there's a Wikipedia article on Adolf Hitler and vegetarianism ? He stopped eating meat somewhere around 1937-1938. He also didn't smoke or drink alcohol, both of which would have been very uncommon in his day.

Vegetarians who "cheat" are not really vegetarians. They are "flexitarians". I really don't care what you want to shove in your gut, that's your own business. But using an evil historical figure in an attempt to vilify a lifestyle is just trolling at best.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"didn't align with my spirit."

Is he saying eggs give him gas?

They may not align with HIS spirit, but they align real well with others' spirit. This push to make everybody vegan is ridiculous. There are certain useable vitamins and nutrients that only come from eating meat. Without it, you have to take supplements everyday.

Also, vegans rely a lot on soy, the most genetically modified crop in the US. That is not a concern for some people, but others prefer to steer clear of as much genetically-modified foods as possible. Choice! Whatever happened to 'choice'?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

We live in an era where supporting platforms both parties championed not even 20 years ago will get a politician referred to as "Hitler" and start a slow rolling process of asshats trying to invent similarities between the modern politician, his positions, and his associates to those of Nazi Germany... Seriously, I think vegetarians will survive the fact that, the final years of his life, Adolf Hitler was a strict vegetarian.
en.wikipedia.org...

Towards the end of his life, Adolf Hitler (1889–1945) followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since some accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he consumed meat as late as 1937. By 1938, Hitler's public image as a vegetarian was already being fostered, and from 1942, he self-identified as a vegetarian. Personal accounts from people who knew Hitler and were familiar with his diet indicate that he did not consume meat as part of his diet during this period, with several contemporaneous witnesses—such as Albert Speer (in his memoirs, Inside the Third Reich)—noting that Hitler used vivid and gruesome descriptions of animal suffering and slaughter at the dinner table to try to dissuade his colleagues from eating meat. An examination of Hitler's remains carried out by French scientists in 2017 found no traces of meat fibre in the tartar on Hitler's teeth.

Nobody is suggesting that forcing a helping of delicious schnitzel down der fuhrer's throat would have ended the Holocaust, kept Germany within her borders, or calmed the little asshole down to any measurable point.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I assume the eggs aligning spirit thing just mean that when he broke open an egg it reminded him his own shell is cracked and he didn't want that type of negativity inside his headspace anymore...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

All the extreme environmentalism is dedicated to removing people from the countryside into stack and pack (ICLEI)cities. Y2Y is making headway with their Wildland animal corridors to the point they "forgot" to consult with three native bands and surrounding Reeves in our Bighorn area. They successfuly turned another large area into a keep out area
I have a brochere where NAWMP have teamed up with our NDP government, Ducks Unlimited and Nature Conservancy to target grasslands,swamps ,boreal forest and anything surrounding cities. These environmental groups are foreign funded. Removing farming and rural life is part of the agenda.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: Carcharadon

maybe when you learn what "left wing neo Marxist revisionist garbage" is and not some words you think you can throw out there to sound intelligent, we can talk

"You have an absolutely ridiculous and fake outlook on indigenous people."

Yeah, I am a Native

I'm quite aware of what those words mean. And you are a glaring example of them when you peddle this left wing revisionist garbage that natives were one with the land, peaceful before the Europeans, took only what they needed blah blah blah.

It's all garbage and untrue.

And you are native, or so you say. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. We only have your word for it and frankly that means less than nothing to me.

Stop peddling your revisionist far left racial revisionism and I'll stop confronting you about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Thanks for your well-informed post! Good work with the research. 💎

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
"Start eating more fake cheese" -- Well, dude... If You ever plan on seriously running for Prez, You're going to get absolutely zero votes here in Wisconsin. Ridiculed and laughed out of the State ( if you ever do visit ). Good luck with that one!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Fake politicians.

Fake news.

Fake meat

Fake cheese.

Bookers party has cornered the market on fake snip.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join