It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Garcetti Declares ‘Green New Deal’ in L.A., Cancels Natural Gas Plants; Officials Doubt ‘

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti declared Monday that the city would abandon plans to rebuild three natural gas power plants, despite concerns that the city could face acute power shortages as a result.

Instead, the city will look for energy from renewable sources, including wind and solar, he decided.

“This is the Green New Deal … Not in concept, not in the future, but now,” Garcetti said, as quoted by the Los Angeles Times.

Eric Garcetti Declares ‘Green New Deal’ in L.A., Cancels Natural Gas Plants; Officials Doubt ‘Keeping the Lights On’

So, the mayor of Los Angeles has scrapped plans to rebuild 3 natural-gas fueled power plants. Of course he talks vaguely about replacing them with renewable energy, but he doesn't have any actual plan. This is despite top officials insisting that those plants are vital to being able to provide electricity to the LA area.

They're supposed to start shutting down the old power plants in 2024. I guess you guys should get ready for more rolling blackouts.
edit on 12-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"Momma always said , stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The 1st brown out in the summer and hes finished

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wonder how they plan to replace airliners in their petroleum free green deal?
Swim to Hawaii and Europe I guess...

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti declared Monday that the city would abandon plans to rebuild three natural gas power plants, despite concerns that the city could face acute power shortages as a result.

Instead, the city will look for energy from renewable sources, including wind and solar, he decided.

“This is the Green New Deal … Not in concept, not in the future, but now,” Garcetti said, as quoted by the Los Angeles Times.

Eric Garcetti Declares ‘Green New Deal’ in L.A., Cancels Natural Gas Plants; Officials Doubt ‘Keeping the Lights On’

So, the mayor of Los Angeles has scrapped plans to rebuild 3 natural-gas fueled power plants. Of course he talks vaguely about replacing them with renewable energy, but he doesn't have any actual plan. This is despite top officials insisting that those plants are vital to being able to provide electricity to the LA area.

They're supposed to start shutting down the old power plants in 2024. I guess you guys should get ready for more rolling blackouts.

Id check and see how much stock Garcetti in renewable energy sources companies LOL. Look its a great idea in theory but does the technology or production capabilities match what you can get out of 3 natural gas plants? wouldn't it better to say build 1 or 2 plants just in case.

link   

Bad move. If the numbers I looked up are right then 33% of LAs, power comes from natural gas. I was surprised tho 20% comes from wind and solar.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I wonder how much he has invested in these " green" companies who will get the contracts.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sounds wonderful.

Now people will need to use old fashioned oil lamps 🤣

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We really should have some sort of threshold about who can be in politics.

Does this idiot wear a diaper or does he have a professional "wiper" on staff?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds wonderful.

Whale oil.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wind and Solar will cause more acute power shortages.
For Solar you would need a massive of Energy storage.

Wind turbines can cause health effects.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If this is what they want then no more flights to or from California would be a good way to keep them there with their stupid ideas.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds wonderful.

Whale oil.

Speaking of whales, I remember Ted Kennedy blocked a wind farm off the coast of Massachusetts because he didn't want to see the turbines. NIMBYism at its finest.

How much you want to bet the Malibu crowd will find endless ways to stall/derail any new wind farms?
edit on 12-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think this is clearly a good idea. They need to find a way to build a power plant that uses cow farts.

Fart-Collecting Backpacks For Cows Look Silly, But They May Have A Serious Impact

As it turns out, Argentines might have found a solution to save us all. According to Munchies, a few Argentinian farmers have strapped high-tech backpacks to their cows that effectively trap passing gas throughout the day. They have impressive holding power, too. One backpack can collect as many as 300 liters of methane per cow per day.

But where do all the farts go once they’re collected? One of the project’s lead technicians, Ricardo Bualo, says you can collect and convert the gases into renewable biofuels. To put things into perspective, 300 liters of cow gas can provide enough energy to run a refrigerator for one day, INTA Informa reports.

A solution that's long overdue.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Anyone wanna take a guess at how this scenario ends?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
ERic Garcetti sure looks like a walking,talking man caused disaster.

Those idiots will re elect him for sure.

It's not called the Peoples Republic of commiestan for nothing.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'm sure nothing will go wrong with this idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Bums on bicycles hooked to generators.

They get jobs(pay them like 150K a year) and cali gets "clean" energy.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The kicker is nat gas burns clean.

LOL.

Greenies are so stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join