It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Could lose 2020

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont recall any election coverage predicting a trump victory.
A few polls did but they were mostly ignored..

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: [post=24183662]thedigirati

I do however also think that it's important for Trumps supporters to remember that there is a possibility that he could lose the election.

Why does this concern you so?

What is your worry? What do you think will happen if he is not reelected?

What are you implying??

I did not vote in the last election, I never vote for a presidents first term cause follks lie, President Trump has stayed true to his campaign promises and I will vote for him for his second term
edit on 12-2-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: r0xor

haha you could be onto something with that!

Go on, I will return the star!!

Boom, done. We have a bond now, I star all of your posts and you star all of mine. When some other members want to join our star sharing clique, we'll let them in if they agree with us on most issues. Allies, form a coalition etc. The more stars and flags we spread between us, the more clout our posts will have to readers who don't know how it works.
edit on 2/12/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yeah you're right it wasn't widely reported at least that I can recall but they were pretty close in the polls and some polls did either have them tied or Trump winning.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

You know who gave you that star buddy.....

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Very true. I think the OP is just saying his re-election could prove to be harder than some of the more recent incumbents.

At this time, we don't even know who he is running against.

People are going to vote Democrat. People are going to vote Republican. No one should be 100 % sure of anything right now.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

except his approval is 52% after tge SOTU

No its not its 52% according to, rasmussen Reports its 52% but they don't have a reputation as being impartial and accurate pollsters.

According to who?

The most accurate poll that surveyed likely voters was the Investor’s Business Daily poll, a poll that has one of the finest records for calling races in recent political history. It was one of the only polls that called the race for Trump in the final days of the election, giving him 45 percent of the vote compared to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The second most accurate poll according to the report was the national Rasmussen poll of likely voters. Although the end result showed that Clinton would win the race, the overall numbers are very close to the results, as long as you just count the popular vote. Clinton led Trump by 2 percentage points in the poll, nearly the same number as she led Trump in the overall popular vote.

Source

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah you're right it wasn't widely reported at least that I can recall but they were pretty close in the polls and some polls did either have them tied or Trump winning.

Link to those polls?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

According to who?

There are various grading systems used to establish the accuracy of polls. So YouGov for example is like a A+ Rasmussen is usually a C.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Link to those polls?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

There you go.

If you scroll down to the bottom it gives you a break down of the data, i count at least 10 polls showing a Trump win.
edit on 12-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: MadLad

yup I said they were close most had them around the 45% mark and if you look at it in terms of the popular vote they were pretty accurate from that point of view.

Whats your point?

My only point with the use of the approval rating polls is to articulate that with his chronic unpopularity it has to cast doubt on his win being an inevitability.

EDIT just noticed I left out the link sorry I can give it to you if you still want it.

Most of them had Hillary winning, or in other words, Donald Trump losing. They weren’t accurate at all.

My point is opinion polls are often used to sway popular opinion rather than record it.

link   

I think anyone making such predictions is really just asking to wind up with egg on their face.

I feel you bruh...

Wait... WHAT?

link   

Trump is exceptional at rallying his supporters all across the nation. He has an amazing knack of being a known arrogant ass ... Yet, he doesn't seem to arrogantly ignore the majority of rural Americans. He has continually kept on reaching out and has the ability to share accomplishments during his term.

That is a big problem with Democrats. They thumb their noses and feel it is beneath them to even seem like they care about rural Americans. They flip flop based on urban popularity polls that flux constantly to the newest progressive fad. There is no time to accomplish anything since they dump and jump. They have not been too busy attacking and condemning Trump and his admin, they have ignored their own supporters immediate needs. Aka: DACA? Etc.

A President has to really mess up his first term, not to be re-elected for a second term. Many will vote for Trump in 2020 simply due to the fact that Washington DC politicians apparently did not understand the message that was sent on 2016 and simply doubled down on stupid. Their arrogance is dividing their own party and disenfranchising many who used to rally behind them.

It is 2019 already...yet the only one I have heard with anything positive to say has been Trump at SOTU. Dems best get out of negative mode and find something to be positive for their message or most Americans will indeed give them a pass and look elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Am not worried, am not concerned, really not implying anything despite what you might think.

Literally all this thread is about is highlighting the folly that comes with talking as if Trump has already won the 2020 election.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It's in the bag mate. The democrats don't have a solid front runner and all of this impeachment bollocks is just reinforcing his 2020 run.

It isn't called the "world stage" without a reason...
edit on 1222019 by Wide-Eyes because: 25000 stars 🌟

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

We'll continue to talk about it.

Again talk about it all you want, convince yourself he is definitely going to win if you want to, I am just voicing my view on why that might not be the smartest thing to do, thats all.

Did you give the same warning to dems in 2016?
Stating hillary was in the bag was very common by many left ATS posters.
I am sure you were just as 'concerned' about how they would look after.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad

Most of them had Hillary winning, or in other words, Donald Trump losing. They weren’t accurate at all.

Well they are never 100% accurate but if you look at it in terms of popular vote then the spit was about 46% for Trump with about 48% for Clinton so pretty accurate from that point of view.

Regardless, Trump has still been unpopular along all polls since he took office, you can't dismiss this as just being inaccurate polling when all the individual pollsters are drawing the same conclusions.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

There are several legal classifications of people other than citizens.

You mean other than non citizen?

Name some others, please.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Did you give the same warning to dems in 2016?

Ahhh back in the good old days before ATS turned into a political forum.

Honestly it wasn't really until after Trump came into office that I started really writing about him, I might have mentioned it in a few posts but I can't remember what I posted 3 years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Umm ok sure sure, you do know we all have a posting history anyone can read.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join