It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing video... real or fake?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Worldblend, can you answer the questions I posed above?

1. Did it suddenly appear, or was it there when you noticed it?
2. When it disappeared, how did it do so?
3. What is beyond the trees over there, is it possible it was some kind of promotional balloon, or something for a car lot?
4. Did you check it (the area behind the trees) out in the daylight the day after?

Gazrok:
I almost missed seeing the lights and I certainly was not the first to see them. So you have a better idea of the area's topology. I live in a semi secluded area of town. It's a circular valley with the southern-most mountains serving as a barrier between metropolitan Phoenix and my neighborhood.
1) I was going to a meeting and heading into town and in doing so I have to take a road that goes up and over the mountains described above. I was coming up on the lip of this road when I saw a driver going the opposite way quickly pull off the road and poke his head out the window. It looked like something had really caught his attention. However, I preceded over the hill, but turned around after about 20-30 seconds, as I was curious because I knew he was looking in the direction of the area we had just decided to focus our observations on. I went back over the lip, preceded past two other cars that had pulled over and started to film.
2) Unknown... After a few minutes, I became concerned that these lights were seemingly over my house/neighborhood and decided to quickly drive to the area and verify its location, film from a closer vantage point and check on the wife and kids. However, when I arrived it was gone.
3) Unfortunately not possible, there is neighborhood, then a mountain with no real development on the other side.
4) Yes, to the best of my abilities at the time. This was before I had any equipment, so my checking was strictly visual.

While I admit to being a real skeptic before all of this, I won't pretend that this is not interesting to me at all. I would prefer a conventional explanation, but what I want the most is the truth. I tell you, this whole thing is so incredibly interesting and is so shockingly dynamic. Example: After this sighting, the image was bothering me.....there was something about it. About two days later, I thought I remembered how it looked somehow familiar.............it was an image I had taken of some petroglyphs located not two miles from the estimated location of the lights(which ended up not being as close to my house as I thought) The lights in the clip don't really look like the Millennium Falcon to me, but they do look more like this IMO: www.worldblend.net...
Also interesting: www.worldblend.net...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Worldblend]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes, it would be great if you put the whole video available for download. Thanks in advance Worldblend

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

There is no backing up...the only woosh you can possibly be talking about is the woosh of a car passing to my right.

Oh, so there is a passing car now too. What else is there that you haven't told us. At exactly 21.5 seconds into your footage, a distinct "whoosh" sound, exactly coinciding with you zooming back. It sounds like to me. that this has been added in a video editing software to synchronize with the zoom, and that what I am more inclined to believe here. I've used this effects tons of times in films.

Should I spend my limited time here answering logical questions, or answering to statements like "its not real cause it kinda looks like the Millinium Falcon" (Does it?) or "its a model because it doesn't move".? I know what I would prefer.

You can start by answering what the sound is, and I would appreciate you post the entire footage. Some 30 seconds just doesn't help your case, especially considering logic is against you.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Worldblend, I have no idea what you're trying to show us with those links you posted, but all I see are rocks. I did see a face in it after looking at it for 30 seconds though!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers.
Only one more question (likely)... Do you always have your camcorder with you?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Don't worry Worldblend, I got your back. I guess it turns out that I was closer to the truth than I really knew. Wow, I feel vindicated!!

Indigo_Child, your conclusions, as I've already mentioned, are not based in logic. Maybe you are trying to run disinformation on us. That "whoosh" sound you heard was all the air getting sucked right out of your argument.

Hey Worldblend, you didn't answer my previously posted question about your video being part of the UFO special called: UFOs: the best evidence ever caught on tape. Was it on there? I think it was, but I'm not 100% sure.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

There is no backing up...the only woosh you can possibly be talking about is the woosh of a car passing to my right.

Oh, so there is a passing car now too. What else is there that you haven't told us. At exactly 21.5 seconds into your footage, a distinct "whoosh" sound, exactly coinciding with you zooming back. It sounds like to me. that this has been added in a video editing software to synchronize with the zoom, and that what I am more inclined to believe here. I've used this effects tons of times in films.

Should I spend my limited time here answering logical questions, or answering to statements like "its not real cause it kinda looks like the Millinium Falcon" (Does it?) or "its a model because it doesn't move".? I know what I would prefer.

You can start by answering what the sound is, and I would appreciate you post the entire footage. Some 30 seconds just doesn't help your case, especially considering logic is against you.

Passing car now too? Clearly I am on the side of the road........you can see headlights approaching, a streetlight, some trees and a very frickn large group of unexplained lights that have just made me look like a frickn fool. You need to realize this, I was still a skeptic(in denial) on this night and I had just finished lecturing and needlessly humiliating a Ufologist concerning some lights that were taped weeks before. (link)

www.virtuallystrange.net...

In addition, I had just talked with Peter Davenport who had just asked me to look into these sightings (after finding out I had a scientific background), and I told him I thought these were going to all be explained by military flares. I realize now this was in direct conflict with the facts I had at the time, but to me UFOs were not real, they were the product of people with overactive imaginations. I was stupid...I was wrong and I was pissed, a fact that you may pick up from my language and tone in the video. This was a punch in the face and a kick in the balls to me, because even I could not rationalize this sighting away. Flares do not appear over neighborhoods and hang still in the sky for minutes in the face of 30 mph winds and thunderstorms.

You can start by answering what the sound is.

Check my post above...open your ears. There is a resason "ignore" is the root word for ignorance and you are providing us with a great example of it here. There are other witnesses to this sighting and what looks to be another video taken some miles to the east. Trust me...logic is not on your side here, it has been distancing itself from you and has now broken into a full sprint. I will not waste valuable time addressing this again.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All this video is is Spyware crap. It's fake. Don't waste your time.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Thanks for the answers.
Only one more question (likely)... Do you always have your camcorder with you?

Rarely before the sightings started, but after I agreed to look into this phenomenon, I did carry a video or still camera with me all the time. In fact now I usually carry digital, film and even a Trimeter.
Some good news...the research group that was recently here is sending infared cameras(3) which I will be installing to monitor 24 hrs a day.

Note: I will try to post an extended video by the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Back it up Meshuggah. What does "Spyware crap" mean? If you've read this whole thread, then you know that Indigo_Child crashed and burned before he was able to eject, and he at least had a theory. What you got? Don't make me get out the Howitzer again.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Originally posted by Dr Love
Wow, good to hear from you WorldBlend. As you've probably guessed by my previous posts in this thread, I'm still completely open to the idea that this footage is real. What did you think of both sides of the argument?

Peace

I agree I is good to have you here.

I think the footage is real myself, however unlike some here,(not you specifically Dr. Love) I don't think that just because the object is unidentified, that it is an alien ship.

There is lots of footage and photos that can be classified as U.F.O. s , but some people seem to think that just because there is no explanation as to what it is, that it is an alien ship. The most I would say this clip is evidence of is that there are UFO's.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

[edit on 9/3/05 by Skibum]

I am in total agreement. The fact that the terms UFO's and Aliens have become somewhat synonymous is unfortunate. I can tell you first hand that it is a major reason mainstream science has "alienated" Ufology.

Note: Can someone fill me in on what "Spyware Crap" is.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Worldblend, the sound we're hearing now is the sound of crickets. All the incessant doubters, even my buddy Gazrok, seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I want retractions damnit! I WANT SOME BUTTS!!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Worldblend, the sound we're hearing now is the sound of crickets. All the incessant doubters, even my buddy Gazrok, seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I want retractions damnit! I WANT SOME BUTTS!!!!!!!

Peace

I believe that if you read back, That Gaz says it is back into the category of unidentified. What more do you want, for him to start proclaiming that just because it is unidentified, that it is an alien ship? It seems Worldblend doesn't even make such a claim.

I admit that is is intriguing video that make one ask many questions. It does not however provide proof of alien visitation, for me at least.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

While I haven't visited the most recent link you posted yet, I assume that it might contain properties that might set off certain peoples spyware software. Probably alerting him a cookie is trying to be stored on his computer or something.

Edit... After visiting the site, I still don't know what that poster was talking about, perhaps my security setting are set too low? I don't know, perhaps he was just being silly.

[edit on 10/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I had just finished lecturing and needlessly humiliating a Ufologist concerning some lights that were taped weeks before. (link)

"lecturing" and "humilating" whose opinion is that? I also don't think it is a flare. You see, that's illogical and any ufologist who argues that is in the wrong job.

So, anyway, we hear the "passing car" at exact moment you zoom out at 21.5 seconds into the footage?

Again, I would like to see the extended video. Because right now, this reeks of fraud to me. However, I can be wrong. Let's see what you else you got.

Dr Love, wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I believe that if you read back, That Gaz says it is back into the category of unidentified. What more do you want, for him to start proclaiming that just because it is unidentified, that it is an alien ship? It seems Worldblend doesn't even make such a claim.

Nor did I ever say it was an "alien ship". We were discussing the merits of the video itself. This should be a wake-up call to a lot of members here at ATS.
I STILL WANT SOME BUTTS!!!!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Man, I'm sick in bed for 2 days and all of the sudden... BAM! Worldblend shows up with this bomb shell. Thanks alot man!
Now we're finally making some progress on this thing. I, just as others, would be most interested in viewing the entire video. Fortunately I have a 1.5MPS DSL line and won't have a problem viewing it.

Just a few questions for you World... You have probably already mentioned this but when and where was this object filmed? Did you report this sighting to any of the major tracking organizations? I have spent literally hours upon hours combing through UFO reports looking for this only to come up with nothing (Idea for another topic: How to catalog these types of events so that other researches can have quick and easy access to the reports.).

Also, regarding CGI (Computer Generated Imaging)... Nope... I have already run some stills through the paces and did not find any of the tell-tale signs of CGI at work on this video... sorry to the skeptics here. The reality is that World filmed SOMETHING that was actually there, in the sky while the camera was rolling. Now, as we've all stated, that doesn't mean that it was an alien craft from another world. But it does mean that the object was clearly there and was filmed. That clearly leads us to the "What in the Hell is it?" portion of this thread, as Gaz had stated.

This is getting good now. Thanks again World!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

While I haven't visited the most recent link you posted yet, I assume that it might contain properties that might set off certain peoples spyware software. Probably alerting him a cookie is trying to be stored on his computer or something.

Edit... After visiting the site, I still don't know what that poster was talking about, perhaps my security setting are set too low? I don't know, perhaps he was just being silly.

[edit on 10/3/05 by Skibum]

I think I might understand.....the original link that was posted to this video is to a web site I have never heard of and seems to link to one of my videos that someone has pirated. So the post may be correct in that regard, but that's a little out of my area of expertise.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Interesting video. But why does it always seem that they always end too soon.

Its seems to me that if this guy really thought he was filming an alien craft he would film it for as long as possible, like until it left the area.

Why stop after about 10 seconds of filming. If he didn't stop filming, what happened to the rest of the clip, was it edited out because it reveals what it really is?

I think its a clip of something other than an alien craft, but edited at the end so that you don't see what it really is.

I totally agree with you. It seems like someone actually taped something outside. Looks authentic, but authentic to what? It could just be a glimmer in the distance or the best evidence UFO we've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Worldblend, i am all opened to believe in your story. I know ufos/aliens are visiting us and a sighting like this could be genuine. But could you once for good tell us if you can provide the entire video ? I'm sure it will bring more details and informations. Thanks again.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join