It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today (Feminism)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Howdy ATS!

Well, firstly, let me begin by saying that I'm going to try to not get as involved in my own thread today, because I think it's driving me fairly batty. I posted an OP last night about my evolving and emerging feelings on the LGBT community (www.abovetopsecret.com...), and the amazing and heartfelt responses that I received left me with a clear feeling of not getting so contentious in these debates because it's actually causing me distress. I'm certain that others feel this same way, hell, I see it played out in the conversations I read where someone finally storms out of the debate with great frustration of aplomb.

Now of course the rub is that in my latest series of posts (and please forgive me, I'm being tongue and cheek, I've just begun calling these LEE's FEEDS because they come off of my YT feed) that the videos I'm selecting to share are all, to the letter, extremely controversial. I suppose this is, of course, purposeful because I so very much enjoy the debate that occurs here. Mind you, this enjoyment is born of the freedom of expression that I find here as well as the diversity of thought and opinion. Honestly, ATS is a completely unique platform in this regard. I have not found anywhere else on the internet where freedom of thought is expressed both openly as well as with competing schools of thought. You can find plenty of sites where positions are espoused outrageously openly (moreso than you would ever find in open society), but those sites are always the same voice saying and agreeing with itself. ATS is unique in as much as for every pro-Trump there is an anti-Trump, pro-life, pro-choice, pro-illegal immigration, anti-illegal immigration, etc etc etc. That is really amazing. I, for one, value it greatly as I hope that we all in this community do.

So, now that I've gotten that out of the way, allow me to shut it and simply present the video. In keeping with my posts this vid is fairly short, I always try to keep them somewhat short (this one is 3:20). The video is simply an open casting call where the unsuspecting 'actors' come into to read for a feminism themed PSA, but the facts that they read are contrary to the typical feminists argument. There is obviously surprise on the part of the actors, some laughter, some insult, but all told a very interesting insight into societal programming in lieu of facts. Controversial...well, it wouldn't be on LEE's FEEDS if it wasn't, but certainly very enjoyable and thought-provoking.

Ok, peace my friends...
TEP

edit on Wed Feb 13 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit....LEEs FEEDs removed

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Funny I just got abused by a feminist in another thread about how bad women had it in the West today
Women have never had it so good in history as we know it as I understand

There seems a serious agenda against men at the moment
Great video, speaks volumes

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Funny I just got abused by a feminist in another thread about how bad women had it in the West today

There is no woman in history more protected, coddled and entitled as the western woman. White western women have it even better.

A society built and created by WHITE men.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Yes we did create it and I am glad we as western white men did but I don’t particularly like the feminists denying what they do have

I know there are problems for women still but there are problems for men still. Nobody has it perfect unfortunately

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If you think that the civilisation & society created by white men is so bad....just remember that vast majority (if not all) of innovation invention and progress in all fields has come mainly from those bad white men (& women) and note that there are many MANY worse societies than a Western one, where people actually have real problems oppression and corruption

Great video...facts...the bane of the liberal classes

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yes we did create it and I am glad we as western white men did but I don’t particularly like the feminists denying what they do have

Dont expect us to be grateful !!! We fought for every inch of our equality.

As a ^^^^*western white man* ^^^^ you should be glad of the benefits

you reap from same. '
'

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No ones bitchin elithea, well except the feminists who just want more and more and more
I have daughters and I hope the best for them

Some people are so self absorbed, women have become what they fought against all those years ago
You did nothing yourself, nothing, just born into others hard work, stood on shoulders of giants
Men have fought and died for a system that treats women as equals.
Right now in the Middle East men are dying for that cause and you?

You fought for nothing, you were gifted

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They do not fight for equality because they already have that and some could argue even better but they want superiority.

edit on 12-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Men have fought and died for a system that treats women as equals. Right now in the Middle East men are dying for that cause and you?

You've got to be kidding me...the Middle East was invaded for equal rights for women and not for oil and drugs?

As you often ask of others in your evolution/creation threads...show me the proof; otherwise you're spinning bullsnip

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No ones bitchin elithea, well except the feminists who just want more and more and more
I have daughters and I hope the best for them

Your daughters will have the best but not because you hope it for them

but because of the women who fought for them to have it.

Some people are so self absorbed, women have become what they fought against all those years ago
You did nothing yourself, nothing, just born into others hard work, stood on shoulders of giants
Men have fought and died for a system that treats women as equals.

What did women fight against??

They fought and died simply to get the vote.They fought to get credit and own

property in their own right, they fought against being owned for it was not that

long ago that they were considered 'property' of men.

But then youre probably too young to know that.

You fought for nothing, you were gifted

Clearly still 'wet behind the ears'.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Third wave feminists are funny. Or would be if they didn't have such large influence despite having a tiny support base.

They think they're oppressed in a society that has for about 50 years given them equal status to men and outlawed gender based discrimination. If one brings up actual cases of women being oppressed or treated as lessers to men across the world you become either a sexist or a racist.

Saudi Arabia for example is a rigidly patriarchal society. Women are treated as second class citizens in the best cases, and as actual property in the worst. Their lives are heavily regulated and transgressions strictly punished even though if a man did the same it would not be a crime. Women who are raped in Saudi Arabia are sentenced to death. The man pays a fine to the family.

Not to mention forced female circumcision, the legal requirement to wear a Burkha under penalty of torture, or the forced, arranged marriages.

Any journalists, bloggers or personalities decrying the atrocities against women in Saudi Arabia? No? Thought not.

What about in Sub Saharan Africa where it's much of the same? The actual sex slavery in Mauritania? The state-owned whore houses of trafficked women in Myanmar?

I guess those women don't matter.

But please, do tell me how you got PTSD from a bikini advert. An advert i might add that would not exist if women didn't buy bikinis.
edit on -060012pm2kpm by Ohanka because: Myanmar, not Thailand.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
White men also created very oppressive societies in the past. It's true that women have it better than they ever have in western society, but there are still quite a bit of problems. I'm not a fan of radical feminism, but praising white men for the advancement of women is absolutely laughable considering the past, where women were treated like lesser people for nearly 2000 years thanks to bigoted religious views.
edit on 2 12 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You are a liar , you have misrepresented my arguement by suggesting I was referring specifically to religion in the west
you assumed I was a feminist because I argued my opinion of monotheism being directly against females due to the male supreme being and also that it was created by the Roman empire as propaganda to destroy pagan cultures because they couldnt defeat them through open warfare.

Whats funny is that you think my reply was abuse , when I was simply stating some well known facts and my opinion.

Your responses on ATS and your posts speak volumes about you as a person!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
White men also created very oppressive societies in the past. It's true that women have it better than they ever have in western society, but there are still quite a bit of problems. I'm not a fan of radical feminism, but praising white men for the advancement of women is absolutely laughable considering the past, where women were treated like lesser people for nearly 2000 years thanks to bigoted religious views.

Amen brother

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

You are a liar , you have misrepresented my arguement by suggesting I was referring specifically to religion in the west
you assumed I was a feminist because I argued my opinion of monotheism being directly against females due to the male supreme being and also that it was created by the Roman empire as propaganda to destroy pagan cultures because they couldnt defeat them through open warfare.

Whats funny is that you think my reply was abuse , when I was simply stating some well known facts and my opinion.

You said women are oppressed in the West today and that’s a stupid comment, they are not and the evidence is in the first post on this thread
I don’t care what you think

Pants on 🔥 fire

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

That’s right barcs absolutely

Women were by white men,
As I stated over and over it wasn’t till after the reformation and Martin Luther teaching what Christ taught did the pressure ease of women
Did women star to receive equality

Had nothing to do with pagans, with Catholics or whatever

Argue away

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You said women are oppressed in the West today and that’s a stupid comment, they are not and the evidence is in the first post on this thread

Pants on 🔥 fire

Mate in my post about monotheism I made no mention of religion in the modern west, I specifically speaking about the birth of monotheism !

Aye ok , have a look through America you will find many religious sects that still treat women as second class citizens

whats that mental fundamentalist christian group in america , they have a mad website
they treat women as objects ! Maybe even westboro baptist

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Pants on 🔥 fire

Mate in my post about monotheism I made no mention of religion in the modern west, I specifically speaking about the birth of monotheism !

Aye ok , have a look through America you will find many religious sects that still treat women as second class citizens

whats that mental fundamentalist christian group in america , they have a mad website
they treat women as objects ! Maybe even westboro baptist

I think you have a learning disability sapes, I didn’t mention wesboro or whatever
I was explaining to you that the Protestant church launched education in the West for all
You are railroading me into an argument I never had anything to do with. In fact I agreed that the church made mistakes

Your argument is stupid, your comments inept and irrelevant in context
Maybe it’s your capacity to comprehend

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Is that so !

You didn't mention Westboro because I did , I never said once you did !
I never made mention of modern religions in western civilisation you did !

Yes you said that science did well because of the Lutheran reformation, I then explained that the Lutheran reformation
also lead to the 30 years war, one of the most bloodiest periods of European history with more than 8 million dead from war , famine disease and poverty as a result !
Which was counter to your arguement because how many of those 8 million if educated would have advanced science
Religion during this period and periods before suppressed science as Heresy, black magic !

If anyone has put you down this track its yourself !

#Apologies to the OP for thread drift

edit on 13-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No minority or gay has it bad in America like they try to say they do. God help those who are white men or people who don't follow the radical ideology.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join