It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They said trump caved

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sorry, no one but the truly stupid thought that he meant Mexico would cut a check or send workers and materials to the border. Especially considering he continuously stated we had to make better trade deals.

Of course no one has accused you of being smart either, so there's that.

Jaden

So why isn't there any money in the U.S. coffers from this Mexico/US trade deal to cover the cost of the wall?

So , how do you know there is not ?
Is the new NAFTA agreement in effect now ?
Or , is the date later on ?

So if that is the case and it is proven there is no border emergency, what is Donald's hurry?

You did not answer the questions.
I ask a second time

Please enlighten us with your information
We need to know.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Sorry, no one but the truly stupid thought that he meant Mexico would cut a check or send workers and materials to the border. Especially considering he continuously stated we had to make better trade deals.

Jaden

So why isn't there any money in the U.S. coffers from this Mexico/US trade deal to cover the cost of the wall?

So if that is the case and it is proven there is no border emergency, what is Donald's hurry?

I ask a second time

We need to know.

Why does Donald have his eye on military money for the wall?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Jaden

I ask a second time

We need to know.

Why does Donald have his eye on military money for the wall?

It is there now , and already appropriated.

I guess you have no answers for the questions I asked...
Again

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Sometimes it is the easiest task I have.

edit on 2/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Let's face it - Trump caved.

I mean, unless his base totally meant that they only wanted about 65 miles of wall and not a full 1,500 mile long wall.
I guess most of his base just wants to see a little tiny section of wall, yet big enough to fill the frame of a photo so they can put it next to their bed and sleep more soundly at night. That must be what they meant by "build the wall".

I guess when Trump says he's going to build a Big Beautiful Wall he really means - build a tiny 65 mile long fence that wont really do jack sh!t.

I feel good knowing that America is 65 miles more protected. I'm sure no one will just make a left turn and drive a little further until they get to the Big Beautiful Open Border and then proceed to make a quick right then a quick left and then a quick stop at WalMart to get more ammo on their way to a community near you.

Let's see - Big Promise of WALL = 65 miles in two years. At this rate it will take 46 years to complete the Wall.

How many times can he run for president? Cause I'm pretty sure no other candidate will ever mention the word Wall again.

Anyways, MAGA, Under His Eye, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Let's face it - Trump caved.

I mean, unless his base totally meant that they only wanted about 65 miles of wall and not a full 1,500 mile long wall.
I guess most of his base just wants to see a little tiny section of wall, yet big enough to fill the frame of a photo so they can put it next to their bed and sleep more soundly at night. That must be what they meant by "build the wall".

I guess when Trump says he's going to build a Big Beautiful Wall he really means - build a tiny 65 mile long fence that wont really do jack sh!t.

I feel good knowing that America is 65 miles more protected. I'm sure no one will just make a left turn and drive a little further until they get to the Big Beautiful Open Border and then proceed to make a quick right then a quick left and then a quick stop at WalMart to get more ammo on their way to a community near you.

Let's see - Big Promise of WALL = 65 miles in two years. At this rate it will take 46 years to complete the Wall.

How many times can he run for president? Cause I'm pretty sure no other candidate will ever mention the word Wall again.

Anyways, MAGA, Under His Eye, etc.

So , Trump's term of Presidency is over ?
So soon ?
Oh , well

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I said it earlier.
Every journey starts with the first step.

A first step that pelosi said would never happen.
She caved.

Trump gave her "just the tip" wink wink...
The rest is coming.....

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: InTheLight

Who seem to have forgotten that that was a two part promise....
Build the wall... have Mexico pay for it.

If we're being fair.....

Even during the campaign, didn't Trump say his aim was to do this through renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico?

We could argue the effectiveness of said struck deal (as it has been done), but I think it deludes the debate when we imply he was going to hand them a bill for the wall.

No, that's not what Trump said on the campaign trail.

….It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:

On day 1 promulgate a “proposed rule” (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine “account” to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.
secondnexus.com...
assets.donaldjtrump.com...

edit on 12-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Sorry, no one but the truly stupid thought that he meant Mexico would cut a check or send workers and materials to the border.

Please see my post above.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Touche, there was even more context.....

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.

But the last part looks like his admin would resort to using trade deals to mitigate the cost.

Which again, I'm not saying would be effectively implemented, I was just pointing that out.

I certainly didn't expect Mexico to just give us the money for it.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Neither did I, but I think Trump did. Remember that leaked phone call with Mexico's President?

time.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Neither did I, but I think Trump did. Remember that leaked phone call with Mexico's President?

time.com...

I wouldn't put it past him, he may certainly have believed he could have gotten them to pay for it up front... I think with his ego, this isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I try not to think or speak in absolutes though, there is another possibility that he was proposing something that was impossible to negotiate to something more obtainable.

That said, neither would surprise me.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It’s clear that Trump wanted Mexico to pay upfront. It was a part of his plan. But since Mexico called his bluff, he had to go with plan b.

Here’s Trump just after his inauguration, two years ago, saying the funds would be reimbursed by Mexico.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There is. You do understand how government gets funding right? As businesses in America reap benefits,they make more money and pay more taxes lol.

Jaden
edit on 12-2-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There is. You do understand how government gets funding right? As businesses in America reap benefits,they make more money and pay more taxes lol.

Jaden

So how does that relate to Mexico paying for the wall?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

He should have realized a long time ago that he was supposed to be president for all of us and not just those who voted for him. But every day I hear how horrible the democrats are and I just have to think.... hes not for me... He doesn't care about me. He only cares about the ones who voted for him.

But.. but but.. from where I stand, everything he's said implies he is for everyone. I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is to state that doing things for those who voted for him, is .. well ridiculous.

btw, is calling someone babe and honeypie, allowed in the left camp? Can we quote you?

No babe. He tried to......

Truth is truth honeypie. The man is a......

Who knows how deviously your tendrils reach, with your oozing leftist goo dripping from finger like wispy branches posting away, while your inner right wing core, pulsates and throbs..

Thinks I gave myself a mischief with that, me head feels woozy...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
When the shutdown ended a little over two weeks ago, the left was saying trump caved.

Well Friday is the deadline for another shutdown.

Then I read this...

:With Shutdown Looming, Border Deal Is Reached ‘in Principle’"

www.google.com...

"WASHINGTON — House and Senate negotiators on Monday night agreed in principle to provide $1.375 billion for fencing and other physical barriers at the Mexican border, part of a broader agreement that would stave off another partial government shutdown without funding President Trump’s wall."

"The funding for 55 miles of new fencing is a figure far lower than the $5.7 billion that Mr. Trump had demanded and marginally less than the $1.6 billion for 65 miles of pedestrian fencing in the bill that the Senate Appropriations Committee had passed last year."

Only 1/4 of the length the president wanted initially but is this not a step in the direction he was heading?

Did the left cave by having this immoral wall built?
Did trump cave by only getting some of the wall built?

www.politico.com...

That amount, 1.37 billion is far less than is normally allocated for fence repair and maintenence yearly. So, no the Dems didn't cave but I doubt Trumo will sign it.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is there anyone in government that "cares about me"?

According my secret sauces, Grambler will be, soon.

Other than that, are you of voting age and easily sway-able? Then you're in luck.. You're a democrat, and they will always look after you.. OR ELSE.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

According my secret sauces, Grambler will be, soon.

Thanks for the reminder....or warning.....
"beard oil in every cabinet"?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: ausername

He said Mexico was going to pay for it.
Of course he didnt say Mexico was going to cut a check because he KNEW Mexico was never going to pay for it.
It was a bull# campaign slogan devised by the lying SOS that is Roger Stone. They had no plan because trump really didnt think he was going to win and he didnt think he was going to have to come up with a plan.
Thats the gods honest truth right there. He was slinging # hoping you guys would lap it up but he never really believedi t himself.

Look, who in their right mind expects another country to just go "Yair, fair 'nuff.. We'll pay for a wall to stop people from traversing to your nation, willy nilly. Why not, we're reasonable sorts and this is a top notch plan. Cheers for telling us."

When in reality, it means, making them pay in other ways, like if they 'cut a check'. One way or another..

But never let things get in the way of someone with a bike lock and an evil eye.. he dun didn't do what he said he'd do darn it, I'm gonna argue semantic because I as right !!111

You ignore the roses in the room, to berate the floral ornament in the next room, not realising the next room is a mirror.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

LOL just in it for the laughs huh?
Thats cool.
I cant take it too seriously either.

THIS !!! ^^^

You're a self admitted TROLL.

Are you part Russian too, perhaps?

new topics

top topics