It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They said trump caved

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten that how Mexico would pay for it wasn't defined by design.

A new trade deal with Mexico is actually how they pay for it, but you won't find any news or discussions about that anywhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Just not the brains. Sorry but its true.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: InTheLight

Who seem to have forgotten that that was a two part promise....
Build the wall... have Mexico pay for it.

If we're being fair.....

Even during the campaign, didn't Trump say his aim was to do this through renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico?

We could argue the effectiveness of said struck deal (as it has been done), but I think it deludes the debate when we imply he was going to hand them a bill for the wall.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Just not the brains. Sorry but its true.

What a childish , playground style reply
Take it back there.
Hades , 8 year olds are more refined than that

edit on 2/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's not fulfilling the election promise.

It won't do what it says on the tin.

And Hillary is still free and on the lose.

I call liar liar pants on fire where Trumps concerned.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Which sadly is the name of the game in American elections.

So long as we dial back old wars and don't start new ones, I'll give him one gold start, but only one.

He has to earn the rest.

Should he start a new one, he's done to me and I'm all Gabbard 2020.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
They are saying he is catering to his base voters, which it appears he has been doing all along.

His voter base? How dare he.. he should be dismissive of their wants and needs, and only cater to those who didn't vote for him.. that damn bad orange man.

btw, why are you obnoxious in almost every single thing I've seen you post?

asking for science.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

No babe. He tried to spin it that way but you know who pays? The American People thats who.
You better look into his rhetoric a bit closer because he really doesnt understand how a lot of things work.
He thinks the tariffs on China are going to hurt China when it really hurts us. We pay the tariffs not China.
He doesnt know and what he doesnt know he lies about so people will think he knows stuff. He's been pulling crap like this his whole life.
Its catching up with him now.
Dont put your stock in his words. They are vapor.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tell me how that makes Mexico pay for the wall. Explain his logic to me because its crap from where I am sitting.
He doesnt get it and he doesnt care that he doesnt get it. As long as his base believes his lies hes fine.
He thinks his supporters are stupid is all I get from this game.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The left like to cling to the belief that Trump was going to get Mexico to cut him a check for the wall.

That's silly, no matter how you look at it Silly.

If you actually believe that then there's no point in trying to explain to you how a better trade deal with Mexico will actually pay for it.

But, Mexico is already paying for it.

China is a different animal altogether.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tell me how that makes Mexico pay for the wall. Explain his logic to me because its crap from where I am sitting.
He doesnt get it and he doesnt care that he doesnt get it. As long as his base believes his lies hes fine.
He thinks his supporters are stupid is all I get from this game.

I didn't argue that his calculations were correct, just pointing out the context to the "plan" behind it.

Either way, I think this is political posturing by both sides and fodder for 2020... So I don't really get worked up with whatever transpires from it... I don't have a dog in this fight.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Fence reinforcements. Not a wall.
Are you going to try to spin this like trump tried to spin the renegotiated NAFTA agreement as the way that Mexico is paying for the wall? Because no one but the truly stupid was buying that.
Why cant we look at this compromise as a win/win instead of taking sides?

Trump didnt get a wall built. This is not a win for him.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Truth is truth honeypie. The man is a mental midget. A moron. A #ing moron according to some. An idiot to others. And still others say he is dumb as Schitte. Ive heard " a dope with the intelligence of a kindergartener".... And those are from the people who worked for him.
Its pretty common knowledge that he isnt as smart as he wants you to believe he is.
Just like the lie about the wall some believe the lie he tells about how smart he is.
But his closest advisers in Washington since his inauguration are all saying the same thing. He is dumb.
I'm looking at what hes done so far and listening to the things he says and I am in complete agreement. He is dumb.

edit on 2122019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's not fulfilling the election promise.

It won't do what it says on the tin.

And Hillary is still free and on the lose.

This is like when MSNBC said trumps biggest lie of the state of the union was when he asked for unity in government.

You dont even know what you think he is lying about but you insist he is a liar.

Did you think Trump was going to negotiate 25 billion dollars directly from the dictator of Mexico to pay for the wall?
Of course he was going to do it through trade arrangements.
Lol you guys

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

He should have realized a long time ago that he was supposed to be president for all of us and not just those who voted for him. But every day I hear how horrible the democrats are and I just have to think.... hes not for me... He doesn't care about me. He only cares about the ones who voted for him.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Truth is truth honeypie. The man is a mental midget. A moron. A #ing moron according to some. An idiot to others. And still others say he is dumb as Schitte. Ive heard " a dope with the intelligence of a kindergartener".... And those are from the people who worked for him.
Its pretty common knowledge that he isnt as smart as he wants you to believe he is.
Just like the lie about the wall some believe the lie he tells about how smart he is.
But his closest advisers in Washington since his inauguration are all saying the same thing. He is dumb.
I'm looking at what hes done so far and listening to the things he says and I am in complete agreement. He is dumb.

Sorry , I dont have a reply
I dont interface politics on the level of a child too well

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And this is why we can't have nice things....

www.cnn.com...

"Are you willing to come up and give him some of this money for the wall?" NBC's Savannah Guthrie asked Pelosi in an interview slated to air in full Thursday. "No, no. Nothing for the wall," Pelosi replied. "We're talking about border security." "We can go through this all back and forth -- no," Pelosi added. "How many more times can we say no? Nothing for the wall."

Seems to me 55 miles>nothing?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

He should have realized a long time ago that he was supposed to be president for all of us and not just those who voted for him. But every day I hear how horrible the democrats are and I just have to think.... hes not for me... He doesn't care about me. He only cares about the ones who voted for him.

All the presidents of my lifetime have not "cared about me", most of what gets done with the federal money does little for any interest I have in the grand scheme of things.

They all have bigger agendas and using talking points like this one to throw a little bone to people to appease them.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I have been closely monitoring your predictions for a few years and this is the definition of the pot calling the kettle black.
Are you ever correct?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

wow
really?

He doesn't care about me.

wonder why

The man is a mental midget. A moron. A #ing moron according to some. An idiot to others. And still others say he is dumb as Schitte. Ive heard " a dope with the intelligence of a kindergartener".... And those are from the people who worked for him. Its pretty common knowledge that he isnt as smart as he wants you to believe he is. Just like the lie about the wall some believe the lie he tells about how smart he is. But his closest advisers in Washington since his inauguration are all saying the same thing. He is dumb.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join