It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walls are immoral.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was thinkin more like a ninja warrior coarse.

Yes if there is a wall and someone wants to cross they will just walk or drive a bit until there is no wall. If a wall extends all the way then they will go under or over it.

Yes walls funnel folks and this has been said over and over by potus and border patrol.

This is not hard to understand the path of least resistance will be followed.

I am left wondering if people ever think about these things before they post or is it a script or just normal people not really thinking about this much until now.

Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance without being miles from the border in some places and that would push migrants to that area cause all they will have to do is cross the river and step on the ground to be bound by asylum laws.

In that case it becomes smarter for states to use the

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance without being miles from the border in some places and that would push migrants to that area cause all they will have to do is cross the river and step on the ground to be bound by asylum laws.

It almost sounds as if you aren't aware of what this all entails.

fortune.com...

Though Trump denies changing his position, he no longer seeks a monolithic, 30-foot-tall concrete wall stretching for more than 2,000 miles (3,218 kilometers). Plans now call for a more modest, 722-mile barrier that is a mix of wall and fencing, mostly updating what’s been in place for decades, while relying on drones and other methods to secure the rest.

not telling you, your business, but I'd get a few clues, before I called Scooby.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

But, it is true that whatever barrier is in place, most of it is inside the US, and well past the border. So, anyone who gets to the wall/fence/barrier, is already on US soil, and therefore can petition for asylum.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

fortune.com...

Though Trump denies changing his position, he no longer seeks a monolithic, 30-foot-tall concrete wall stretching for more than 2,000 miles (3,218 kilometers). Plans now call for a more modest, 722-mile barrier that is a mix of wall and fencing, mostly updating what’s been in place for decades, while relying on drones and other methods to secure the rest.

not telling you, your business, but I'd get a few clues, before I called Scooby.

Reading comprehension can be your friend. I see your post as an attempt to disparage the messenger. As if i am not aware of current situation. There is no sense in trying to tear each other down over laws we can not change.

I dought the drones stuff will go far since the people crossing seek out officials in order to be legal.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

But, it is true that whatever barrier is in place, most of it is inside the US, and well past the border. So, anyone who gets to the wall/fence/barrier, is already on US soil, and therefore can petition for asylum.

And yet they go through all that trouble of bringing a ladder and rope, and running when light hits them........stupids. They should have read this to get this vital information that could have saved them so much anguish.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We should put a trump emblem every 25' on the wall and post a nobodies home sign.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

fortune.com...

Reading comprehension can be your friend. I see your post as an attempt to disparage the messenger. As if i am not aware of current situation. There is no sense in trying to tear each other down over laws we can not change.

I dought the drones stuff will go far since the people crossing seek out officials in order to be legal.

If you read your post, please look at it from a position of neutrality. Using words that appear to say it would be a giant, continuous concrete wall, would be incorrect, so to infer that might make it appear as if that was what you meant. I can only hope to have you explain the error of my ways so that I may keep from making the same mistake in the future. And nothing is personal here, relax.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I just checked with the stars...your gonna be fine

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

And yet they go through all that trouble of bringing a ladder and rope, and running when light hits them........stupids. They should have read this to get this vital information that could have saved them so much anguish.

I would think with business opportunities like supplying ropes and ladders at the border those items will be plentiful.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
BETO has the same traits as President Trump, when it comes to standing by his principals.

For instance, like many Democrats, he feels walls are immoral. But unlike those Democrats of lesser bravery, BETO is saying right up front that he will take down US-Mex border walls, if given the chance.

SOURCE: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So you can't explain what I missed from your insightful post? It's cool, I didn't honestly believe you could back that up.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So you can't explain what I missed from your insightful post? It's cool, I didn't honestly believe you could back that up.

So you are breaking my balls for speaking about the wall in general terms but potus speaks the same way about the wall and immigrants. He projects the image of a giant wall from shore to shore and that every brown person is smuggling sex and drugs.

For the record i do very much understand the specifics of the debate.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I am "breaking you balls" because if I went off what you said, it sure looks like you think Trump's wall is a sea to shining sea concrete wall. You said it, not me. I showed you that was incorrect, and now you know all about it, but just decided to say something ignorant for the LOLZ?

Don't be angry when you are called out for being typical, instead, put a little effort into not being typical.

It's OK to be wrong, it just looks both sad and funny when you double down on it.

You may not like the music, but listen to the words.
edit on 16-2-2019 by network dude because: can't spell to save my damn life.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Na. I never said it was a wall from shore to shore. You implied that from my words. AGAIN i am fully aware of the current situation on the border. If you try to claim otherwise you can prove yourself wrong by viewing post i have made in other threads.

Just a misunderstanding that amounts to nothing other than an attempted gotcha moment by you.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Na. I never said it was a wall from shore to shore. You implied that from my words. AGAIN i am fully aware of the current situation on the border. If you try to claim otherwise you can prove yourself wrong by viewing post i have made in other threads.

Just a misunderstanding that amounts to nothing other than an attempted gotcha moment by you.

I am left wondering if people ever think about these things before they post or is it a script or just normal people not really thinking about this much until now. Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance without being miles from the border in some places and that would push migrants to that area cause all they will have to do is cross the river and step on the ground to be bound by asylum laws.

I hope you can understand my confusion where you said "Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance"

Sorry, must be my bad somehow.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I hope you can understand my confusion where you said "Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance" Sorry, must be my bad somehow.

No problem..you assumed i was saying one thing but i was just stating that if a wall existed from shore to shore it would hurt texas in that the river can not have a wall exactly on the border and that would allow people to step foot in the usa without crossing a wall.

It would funnel most asylum seekers to texas.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I hope you can understand my confusion where you said "Now there can not be a wall in texas that spans the whole distance" Sorry, must be my bad somehow.

No problem..you assumed i was saying one thing but i was just stating that if a wall existed from shore to shore it would hurt texas in that the river can not have a wall exactly on the border and that would allow people to step foot in the usa without crossing a wall.

you are aware that without a wall, they can do that in MANY locations right this very second aren't you?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

you are aware that without a wall, they can do that in MANY locations right this very second aren't you?

Yes for the third time directly to you. I am aware of the conditions and proposals on the border.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind
I have to agree....if walls don’t work why is there a wall around the White House? I haven’t heard any Democrats propose tearing that wall down.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Build Trumps wall, it won’t help anything. The Democrats have better, more efficient, technological solutions that are cheaper and work better. Even so, I don’t think it’s worth stopping him. We already spent more money on the shutdown than the wall would cost.
edit on 16pmSat, 16 Feb 2019 18:20:32 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join