It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walls are immoral.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Child smuggling is immoral. Human trafficking is immoral. Drug running is immoral. Sanctuary cities are immoral. MASS importation of the third worl is immoral. Pursuing a more-than-obviously-false collusion allegation at taxpayers expense for two full years is immoral.

Encouraging an 8 year old to undergo gender reassignment surgery is immoral. Aborting babies at full term is immoral. Openly calling for the subjugation of whites is immoral.

But not according to those who lie and say ‘walls are immoral’.

What’s the agenda?
edit on 12 2 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If walls are immoral, where is the campaign to remove them? We should be tearing down any and all walls. Starting with the border, then moving on to neighborhoods of the rich and famous. We could bring some more jobs to the table, and save our morality at the same time. The fact that this hasn't happened yet, bothers me. If it's important enough to make this big of a stink about it, then it's important enough to act on.

Mrs. Pelosi, tear down those walls!

IMO, this wall will not work, its merely a modern day "great wall of China" and this wall will go that way it did too.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The wall just makes sense.

Re your pic.

Good pic and good message.

The problem is that they are not going to spend 5m on you and all the rest of the 'you' in the US because you are, in their opinion, just not worth it.

The elite make the national policy. They set and guide the implementation of the policy. The elite consider us to be useless eaters who are unworthy of protecting anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm confused. You want to use the Bible when it suits you, and then blast it in the next post. That's not nice.

If people want to come to the US, we have really, really nice gates that open and everything. And we have nice men and women who work at those gates to allow the people who are allowed to come here, in. That is the kind of immigration I support. Why do you support the kind where people sneak in?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I didn't bring the Bible into this thread. I answered a post claiming that Heaven has pearly gates with a quote from Jesus about violence in Heaven. Most biblical scholars don't believe Jesus was actually talking about "Heaven" but his father's earthly church, anyway.

Apparently, this pearly gates thing has been getting some traction on the net though.

Rep. Steve King Tweets ‘Heaven Has a Wall, a Gate and a Strict Immigration Policy. Hell Has Open Borders’ secondnexus.com...
crooksandliars.com...

LOL Funny stuff!

In this day and age, anyone who believes in "Heaven" and thinks that it's really protected by a stone wall, and pearly gates (that never close, btw) is a little bit nuts.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If people want to come to the US, we have really, really nice gates that open and everything. And we have nice men and women who work at those gates to allow the people who are allowed to come here, in. That is the kind of immigration I support. Why do you support the kind where people sneak in?

Sounds good in theory but if you are being persecuted then often you can not wait in a line without being in greater danger.

Now it is a pretty low blow for gov. to claim we have ports for legal entry and everyone should use them and then the gov. goes and slows the process to a trickle so that very few are seen in a days time.

It is like having a big ole door and only using the peep hole.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
The point Pelosi was making, I believe, was that in an humanitarian crisis, building a wall to keep out those running for their lives is immoral. In an humanitarian crisis the people looking for safety are not the crisis, what caused them to flee and petition the USA for refuge is.

I agree... the US' overly liberal welfare system, free educations, health care for the poor with kids, food stamps, subsidized housing, the status of becoming a Kept Voter... these are causing the foreigners to flee into the USA and that is a crisis which must be dealt with. Eliminate all of that crap and far fewer will try to sneak in here like rodents searching for a hole into a house come wintertime.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In this day and age, anyone who believes in "Heaven" and thinks that it's really protected by a stone wall, and pearly gates (that never close, btw) is a little bit nuts.

Yea, but it's only 63% of Earthlings, so you have a sooper good point.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Sounds good in theory but if you are being persecuted then often you can not wait in a line without being in greater danger.

Now it is a pretty low blow for gov. to claim we have ports for legal entry and everyone should use them and then the gov. goes and slows the process to a trickle so that very few are seen in a days time.

so your solution is to just close our eyes and let everyone who wants just come in, and those who are caught can "claim asylum" and get free stuff? Can we just bring them to your house?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

so your solution is to just close our eyes and let everyone who wants just come in, and those who are caught can "claim asylum" and get free stuff? Can we just bring them to your house?

OMG!

This convo started with the thought of perhaps dealing with the asylum laws. It is not rocket science that some folks need help and many others are riding their coattails.

No wall will keep people from doing what they are doing now. Only a change in the asylum law.

Mexicans have rope and ladders.

Putting more people at the ports to handle the actual number of people claiming asylum would be a great step since people always say why don't they just come to the ports. Well the ports are often closed or slowed severely.

Maybe end the war on drugs and allow people to sell their bodies if they want. That is the major issues people have problems with cause such is legal in mexico.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

A belief in "God" is not the same as believing that "God" erected a stone wall around Heaven, since he put the Van Allen Belt, and several other stratospheres around earth to protect earthlings. In this day and age, one should expect "God" to have better tech than a stone wall and pearly gates that never close! LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

A belief in "God" is not the same as believing that "God" erected a stone wall around Heaven, since he put the Van Allen Belt, and several other stratospheres around earth to protect earthlings. In this day and age, one should expect "God" to have better tech than a stone wall and pearly gates that never close! LOL

and yet, the illegal immigration rate in heaven is......zero. (if you make stupid arguments, you will get a stupid conversation.)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Have you ever traveled by plane? For the sake of argument, I'll just assume you have or perhaps you know someone who has. When they went to the TSA checkpoint, were there any barriers to keep the crowd orderly and direct them to the proper place to enter? When I did this, there were in fact barriers to direct the flow of traffic. Now the barriers weren't much and I could easily just ducked under them had I wanted to. But that would cause chaos and likely make everyone else who was waiting patiently in line have to wait longer then they should have all because I felt I was more important than they were.

I bring this up because when people make the laughable argument that they could just bring a ladder and rope walls are no good. Yet the same scenario brings order out of chaos. It makes the point that you are not following the rules, and yes, our rules matter.

I have yet to hear anyone who is in favor of protecting the border claim that walls cannot be beaten, only that they provide a visible barrier to make a point. Bad men will still do bad things. It's like making a law against murder. We all know murder is wrong, so a law pointing that out seems redundant, yet if you look it up, a law stating that killing folks if frowned upon does exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Seems to me the agenda is pretty obvious. All you have to do is look to the ideas expressed by the new crop of Dem Reps like Omar from MN. End the US.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Uh, you do realize that the greatest source of illegal residents come to the US via airports and/or ships and then simply overstay there visas, only to resurface 10 years later to vote in California elections.

I live on the border with Mexico. There's no wall high enough, or long enough to staunch the flow. The only way to do that would be with live fire pursuits along the border.

That aint gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

and yet, the illegal immigration rate in heaven is......zero. (if you make stupid arguments, you will get a stupid conversation.)

Look, I'm not the one claiming a wall is a good idea because even God put a wall around Heaven. Congressman Steven King is! So are some people in this thread.

My argument is that God should have better tech than a wall, and so should we.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Look, I'm not the one claiming a wall is a good idea because even God put a wall around Heaven. Congressman Steven King is! So are some people in this thread.

My argument is that God should have better tech than a wall, and so should we.

God has cameras and motion sensors, and so should we. On our wall.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Uh, you do realize that the greatest source of illegal residents come to the US via airports and/or ships and then simply overstay there visas, only to resurface 10 years later to vote in California elections.

I live on the border with Mexico. There's no wall high enough, or long enough to staunch the flow. The only way to do that would be with live fire pursuits along the border.

That aint gonna happen.

Yes, I understand that. Which is a different issue with different solutions. The particular issue the wall deals with are the ones' that cross over our border where no barriers exist. I smile bigley when I'm given a statistic of how many cross illegally. It's as if those who offer those numbers actually believe that all the one's who cross, register somewhere, even if they aren't caught. Truth is, we just don't know how many cross and get away with it. If you have a source for why that isn't a factual statement, I'd love to see it.

With walls, and technology, we can monitor the border, and have a better chance of stopping illegal intrusions. I base that off of what the border patrol members have stated, and since they are there, I'd have to assume they know more than us on that subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Have you ever traveled by plane? For the sake of argument, I'll just assume you have or perhaps you know someone who has. When they went to the TSA checkpoint, were there any barriers to keep the crowd orderly and direct them to the proper place to enter? When I did this, there were in fact barriers to direct the flow of traffic. Now the barriers weren't much and I could easily just ducked under them had I wanted to. But that would cause chaos and likely make everyone else who was waiting patiently in line have to wait longer then they should have all because I felt I was more important than they were.

I bring this up because when people make the laughable argument that they could just bring a ladder and rope walls are no good. Yet the same scenario brings order out of chaos. It makes the point that you are not following the rules, and yes, our rules matter.

I have yet to hear anyone who is in favor of protecting the border claim that walls cannot be beaten, only that they provide a visible barrier to make a point. Bad men will still do bad things. It's like making a law against murder. We all know murder is wrong, so a law pointing that out seems redundant, yet if you look it up, a law stating that killing folks if frowned upon does exist.

Try this.

Trump recently said he has walls. Now if he told people that if they were able to get past his wall then they could live with him then how many people would try.

Point being is that walls are meaningless without laws.

As long as we continue to allow people to claim asylum however they cross then they will continue to cross.

Maybe we could just put more fun obstacles and do some payperview...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If you want to lobby for a DMZ with landmines, go nuts. I feel as if starting with something that has already been tried and proven, might be the best start.

You are aware that existing barriers are already in place and have been serving their purpose for a while? Hell, Acosta was nice enough to do a special report on it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join