It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walls are immoral.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If walls are immoral, where is the campaign to remove them? We should be tearing down any and all walls. Starting with the border, then moving on to neighborhoods of the rich and famous. We could bring some more jobs to the table, and save our morality at the same time. The fact that this hasn't happened yet, bothers me. If it's important enough to make this big of a stink about it, then it's important enough to act on.

Mrs. Pelosi, tear down those walls!
edit on 12-2-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yeah I don't see them giving crap about the great wall of China and that was built against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups...

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The wall just makes sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Personally, I hope walls become banned, hear me out here.

If they become banned, the black market for walls will flourish.

I will then create a guild of skilled tradesman who have the cherished and ancient technique of wall building.

We will form an underground society, and offer our trade and wares for those who have coin.

We will go by an oath, a code, and pass down our traditions to those who we accept as one of us.

I will call this society, the Underground Free Masons.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I will then create a guild of skilled tradesman who have the cherished and ancient technique of wall building.

We will form an underground society, and offer our trade and wares for those who have coin.

We will go by an oath, a code, and pass down our traditions to those who we accept as one of us.

This is the most epic way of doing things 😂😂😂 We definitely need more guilds of that sort. Even better would be everyone decked out in Mandalorian armor. 😂
edit on 12-2-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is the most epic way of doing things 😂😂😂 We definitely need more guilds of that sort.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Word, dude!

I want to found a new NGO - Prisons Without Walls. It'll work sort of like that old Roman prison where they put aristocratic prisoners and they were expected to stay there on the honor system.
edit on 12-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If something is "immoral" does that mean there is something that is "moral"; What is moral?

I've always presumed morals to be subjective are there objective morals?

If there are objective morals, what are they?

One can say killing a fellow human is immoral but then the next line will be "except when X happens" that is not objective

Who gets to decide what is or is not moral? What is the standard?
edit on 12-2-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I think some things are neither moral nor immoral. Just because it's not one doesn't mean it's the other.

Is there something moral about new roads, or is it just want/needs?

I'm indifference about the wall, I think it's treating a symptom rather than a problem... So it frees me up to play Devils advocate.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The wall just makes sense.

Yeah , and I think Georgia got most of that money
Built and building wall all up and down I-75
There are no buildings nor houses nowhere near 75 for about 99% of those walls
So barren except for trees , I once thought the walls were to try to catch the falling ones before they landed on the highway or the on/off ramps.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If walls are immoral, does that make those who live behind them immoral also?

If this be the case, then we have a lot of immoral people in charge of running this country.

Alright Nancy, by looking at a picture of your house I have seen just how immoral you are, so ...

NANCY PELOSI TEAR DOWN THIS WALL !!!

edit on 12-2-2019 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Not a big fan of the wall, but the immoral argument doesn't translate to county borders.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

yeah I don't see them giving crap about the great wall of China and that was built against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups...

Wait a minute...are you saying the great wall of China wasn't built to stop cheap mongol laborers and drug dealers? my world view has been shattered!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Wait a minute...are you saying the great wall of China wasn't built to stop cheap mongol laborers and drug dealers? my world view has been shattered!

You think China's addiction to Szechuan sauce came from the sky?

Wrong sir.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My personal belief is in Cosmic balance, and Karma.

So if one side is claimed, I (try) to see the the other side as well .

I also try not to assume the "moral high ground"

cause that is always a long way to fall.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you believe in heaven like some of the tRump evangelists and supporters. Then one must ask the question. Is there walls around heaven ? Does it not say in the bible to love thy neighbor ?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Technically...walls are inanimate objects. You are just an anthropomorphism....phobe.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
If you believe in heaven like some of the tRump evangelists and supporters. Then one must ask the question. Is there walls around heaven ? Does it not say in the bible to love thy neighbor ?

Your argument is asinine.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

and it didn't work either.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Trump has said that there is a "humanitarian crisis" at the border.
politicalwire.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

He claims the way to handle this humanitarian crisis, of 10s of 1000s of refugees marching towards the US, is to build a wall to stop them.

That's an immoral way to handle a humanitarian crisis.
edit on 12-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join