It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Confirm It Is Turtles, All The Way Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!

Fractal turtles. And I thought my skin crawled just thinking about lice! Now to think about quantum turtles everywhere...

And a blue turtle! Maybe that Sting fellow was onto something dreaming about those things!!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is a story about one of the incarnations of Vishnu becoming a giant turtle, in an effort to be a pivot of sort while being wrapped around a cosmic serpent that is being tugged by the Devas on one side and the Asuras on the other to spin a so called cosmic milk.

In the Epics and the Puranas, the legend expands and evolves into many versions, with Kurma becoming an avatar of Vishnu. He appears in the form of a tortoise or turtle to support the foundation for the cosmos and the cosmic churning stick (Mount Mandara).

Together the gods and demons churn the ocean with divine serpent Vasuki as the rope (samudra manthan), and the churn skims out a combination of good and bad things. 

- wikipedia

Might as well be the Hindus attempt to explain how the milky way was made and moves, just ironic if not funny that there a giant turtle in the middle of it all.
edit on 14-2-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sting was way ahead of his time, but now lags a bit : )

That dumb meme always gets a smile, heh... and that dumb movie is always good for a lift.

Terrapin hugs.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I like the tiger, elephant, tortoise one myself! No plate! No flat earth! Just one of those coincidences that I had thinking about it being turtles all the way down and was going to post something to that effect on another thread but somebody beat me to it. Then this showed up and made me smile!
This is the image burned in my brain of "turtles all the way down", so I'm going to have to contemplate why the actual data doesn't match this pre-conceived notion:

originally posted by: whereislogic
Not much of a turtle though...
Since the actual data doesn't seem to match the turtles drawing, one or the other must be wrong, but whichever one that is, I have to say my drawing of turtles looks more like turtles.

very awesome illustration!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

I have heard songs from Dream of the Blue Turtleand Synchronicity, lately! And on another thread, a member painted a new work that has a turtle in one corner that was shared earlier this week.

One way to see the world is to call it coincidence and leave it at that. Me? I like the the deep ideas and the language of associations.

Like, did you notice that the turtle tower picture looks like a mushroom?!?!!!

Hehe...
edit on 16-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Formatting

top topics

<< 1   >>

join