It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to pull National Guard from Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
You all would be better served if you just came out and said you are wanting the process of asylum to stop in the usa.

You would be better served if you learned asylum regulations and laws.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

You always make me laugh.I imagine you sitting with phone in one hand and waving the other vertically, virtually signaling your superior attitude, yep it's legal, just like no knock warrents are legal. Doesn't make either acceptable, but you knew that. Or not.

I feel certain you also know the stats on how many actually get legal asylum, and how many are using a loop hole.

Don't tell me, I presume you also think President Trump is a tax cheat too.

Loop holes for everyone but citizens of the USA, yay

edit on 11-2-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Surprise surprise. NM Latina Democrat governor pulls NG ahead of Trump's rally. And, CA is going to do the opposite always from what Trump advises.

Governors are not privy to some of the national security information that a POTUS may know.

Impeding the free-flow of drugs by the cartels, and limiting human trafficking and smuggling rings might be a detriment to certain politicians' pocketbooks, donor money and additional "perks" that come with pushing an open border or weak border policy.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

California had to purge 1.5 million voters from the roles this year. Opening the border with Mexico would help compensate for that loss by bringing in guaranteed Democrats. Never mind that many of them will be criminals.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
If the government won't guard the border, then the people should. They should organize some kind of a border watch group that doesn't confront the illegals, but send reports to the border patrol in the area. Take notes and pictures, give descriptions of people and vehicles, even make reports on what ICE does and send the reports to higher management and representatives. Then if nothing gets done about it, make all kinds of noise in every available media.

Just kick California out of the union and put an import tax of one hundred and thirty five percent on any products coming through California. That will pay for the wall...and Washington and Texas will do great, Mexico can import things and just pay a twenty percent tax on sales to the USA, this will make it so we do not need to build the wall between here and Mexico then, their people will be all working. Cut California off, our imports are way too high because they have such high cost of living there, a three dollar item jumps up to six bucks wholesale when it comes through California or New York.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

You always make me laugh.I imagine you sitting with phone in one hand and waving the other vertically, virtually signaling your superior attitude, yep it's legal, just like no knock warrents are legal. Doesn't make either acceptable, but you knew that. Or not.

I feel certain you also know the stats on how many actually get legal asylum, and how many are using a loop hole.

Don't tell me, I presume you also think President Trump is a tax cheat too.

Loop holes for everyone but citizens of the USA, yay

So when people say the people should use the ports of entry they are really just funnin?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

you conflate asylum seekers and their actions with me and my personal beliefs. I really have no issues with them or what they want. My issue is with people who do not understand the political gaslighting going on with this issue. As i stated if one wanted to fully secure the border then simply make it illegal for people to cross anywhere. Simple as that and if it were illegal to cross the border then people could then make citizens arrest of people crossing.

So often people want to bring this issue home and say look those people have walls around their houses and it works. Well those people also have laws that say it is illegal to climb said wall and trespass. It would be like building a wall around your house and then tellin everyone if they get climb it they can stay. It is not very bright but gets people votes.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: narrator

Surprise surprise. NM Latina Democrat governor pulls NG ahead of Trump's rally. And, CA is going to do the opposite always from what Trump advises.

Governors are not privy to some of the national security information that a POTUS may know.

Impeding the free-flow of drugs by the cartels, and limiting human trafficking and smuggling rings might be a detriment to certain politicians' pocketbooks, donor money and additional "perks" that come with pushing an open border or weak border policy.

I just seen the republican mayor of el paso on fox saying that potus statements about the wall there are false and it was not an immediate reduction in crossings. The mayor stated that the only real change is that there was less auto theft but the overall reduction in crime can be traced to several policy changes in enforcement and not the wall.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You really don't have all the pieces.

See the poster's comments below yours.

Most asylum seekers are denied. Their reasons aren't acceptable.

If they are denied then they should be deported. However it is legal for them to try. Until it is not legal for them to try then wall or no wall will not stop them.

This is not really hard concept.

if you cross the border without consent, it's illegal. NO matter how much it hurts your feelz, it will remain illegal, until you have your open borders. That shouldn't be a really hard concept to understand, yet here you are.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

lolerzs

the usa gov has givin consent to people who want to claim asylum

this is fun

it is like a test of the most basic thought humans can have and some people still fail to understand...........they took our jobs.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It makes me feel like i am talkin to a computer who is controlling a bunch of accounts but that computer has an error in programming it can not get past..............does not compute.....cross border illegal........asylum legal.....does not compute......cross border legal.........asylum illegal..........does not compute

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

wait, so you can break in, and after, claim that you didn't just cross the border at an unapproved location without consent of the US Customs and Border Patrol? I get that claiming Asylum is a thing, but it doesn't change the part where they crossed illegally. If you disagree, bring links, not tears.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It makes me feel like i am talkin to a computer who is controlling a bunch of accounts but that computer has an error in programming it can not get past..............does not compute.....cross border illegal........asylum legal.....does not compute......cross border legal.........asylum illegal..........does not compute

Yes, if you cross at one of the nice gates with men, that is doing it the legal way, and everyone is happy. The people crossing in the dead of night where there aren't nice gates and nice men, they are sad pandas.
edit on 11-2-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The people crossing in the dead of night where there aren't nice gates and nice men, they are sad pandas.

Goodness gracious if you can not even get the basics of the issue correct then i urge you to study the subject and get back to the thread.

It is currently known that a person can cross the border anywhere and anytime and claim asylum as long as they report directly to authorities.

Your biggest clue to this is the fact we put emergency gps beacons on the border they can push to turn themselves in and on top of that perhaps you noticed all the people crossing the border and turning themselves in.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

wait, so you can break in, and after, claim that you didn't just cross the border at an unapproved location without consent of the US Customs and Border Patrol? I get that claiming Asylum is a thing, but it doesn't change the part where they crossed illegally. If you disagree, bring links, not tears.

you bring a link not tears....

It amazes me how folks here want links to commonly accepted truth.

It would be different if i were presenting some new idea to the public or some news story i want you to believe but this is day one immigration procedures and like i said there are clues in the public like the people seeking out officials after they cross.

Or you could use brain power and ask yourself what you would do if you were a mexincan on the border and your life was in danger. Would maybe you walk across the border or would you go wait in a line where people can still get you. Now would it be right for the usa to punish you for seeking safety?

This is common knowledge

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you bring a link not tears....

well, OK then.
en.wikipedia.org...

Illegal entry is the act of foreign nationals arriving in or crossing the borders into a country in violation of its immigration law. Migrants from nations that do not have automatic visa agreements, or who would not otherwise qualify for a visa, often cross the borders illegally in some areas like the United States–Mexico border, the Mona Channel between the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, the Strait of Gibraltar, Fuerteventura, and the Strait of Otranto. These methods are often dangerous: migrants have been known to suffocate in shipping containers,[1] boxcars[2] and trucks,[3] sink in shipwrecks caused by unseaworthy vessels[4] or die of dehydration[5] or exposure during long walks without water.[6]

www.alllaw.com...

immigration.findlaw.com...

United States border entry rules tightened in the wake of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and visitors from other countries must present a valid passport or other approved travel document when crossing the U.S. border by air. Those crossing the U.S. border by land or sea typically are not required to present a passport, but must show documentation of some kind (depending on such factors as country of origin and immigration status). This article highlights the basic border entry rules for those crossing into the U.S., including information for U.S. citizens; legal permanent residents ("green card" holders); citizens of Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda; visitors from other countries; and participants in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Trusted Traveler Programs for low-risk visitors. See "Crossing the Border" for more information and links to government resources and FindLaw articles.

now, your turn.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

pm me i will give you my addy and you can send me some of that mr. smokey

FYI the subject is not illegal immigration but rather ASYLUM.

I do however take my hat off to you for bringing something other than feelings and confusion to the debate.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
For anyone reading and confused...

It is illegal to immigrate or migrate into the usa in any manner other than through ports of entry.

It is legal to cross the border anywhere and claim asylum in the usa.

That is the crux of the debate and the reason a wall is a bit outlandish.

People claiming asylum will not mind having to climb a wall.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
taskandpurpose.com...

Ok someone tell me how this works? Cali sends National Guard to the border, things get a little better. Now both California and New Mexico want
to pull all the troops.

Trump says he wants to send additional troops to the border. How does that work? Can Trump make them go, does he have to declare a national emergency in order to use them?

Also, I feel for the National Guard. They are being played like chess pawns. I thank them for their service fully.

If Trump's sending troops down there, then there's no need for the National Guard down there. They'd just run into conflict over who's supposed to guard what and do what when and where.

Makes sense to pull them and send them elsewhere in the state.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: JAGStorm
taskandpurpose.com...

Ok someone tell me how this works? Cali sends National Guard to the border, things get a little better. Now both California and New Mexico want
to pull all the troops.

Trump says he wants to send additional troops to the border. How does that work? Can Trump make them go, does he have to declare a national emergency in order to use them?

Also, I feel for the National Guard. They are being played like chess pawns. I thank them for their service fully.

If Trump's sending troops down there, then there's no need for the National Guard down there. They'd just run into conflict over who's supposed to guard what and do what when and where.

Makes sense to pull them and send them elsewhere in the state.

You mean military units are that unorganized and confused ?

😄

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join