It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to pull National Guard from Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
taskandpurpose.com...

Ok someone tell me how this works? Cali sends National Guard to the border, things get a little better. Now both California and New Mexico want
to pull all the troops.

Trump says he wants to send additional troops to the border. How does that work? Can Trump make them go, does he have to declare a national emergency in order to use them?

Also, I feel for the National Guard. They are being played like chess pawns. I thank them for their service fully.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Until a state's National Guard troops are federally activated under Title 10 authority (POTUS command), the troops remain under Title 32 authority (governor command). Title 32 troops are a state asset; if they are conducting internal operations or conducting operations in support of an agreement with a neighboring state, the POTUS has no authority. The state pays most all the cost for their National Guard's activities.

Once troops are federally activated (Title 10), the president is in charge. Federal activation also includes federal funding approved by congress for all operations while federally activated.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Makes sense considering they need Democrat voters to continue strangling their citizens with unaffordable taxes and pie in the sky politics or in other words their corruption.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If the government won't guard the border, then the people should. They should organize some kind of a border watch group that doesn't confront the illegals, but send reports to the border patrol in the area. Take notes and pictures, give descriptions of people and vehicles, even make reports on what ICE does and send the reports to higher management and representatives. Then if nothing gets done about it, make all kinds of noise in every available media.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

That would be great if the media would cover it. Instead, we will get Acosta from CNN sitting next to a border wall showing us that no illegals are crossing because walls work of course.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

That would be great if the media would cover it. Instead, we will get Acosta from CNN sitting next to a border wall showing us that no illegals are crossing because walls work of course.

I was going to say the same thing. We should have some kind of live border cam or something like that.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This just in... Fed's to pull funding from California !

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You all would be better served if you just came out and said you are wanting the process of asylum to stop in the usa.

Then you could prosecute anyone who crosses your border no matter if they are coming or going.

If it were illegal to cross the border and claim asylum then people would stop it cause they would not want to do illegal things.

Instead you support elected officials and news medias that tell you illegal border crossings should stop while they totally ignore the heart of the matter cause they would rather have a fight over some wall that will not stop people from coming as long as it is legal.

I hope that you realize that it is legal to climb a wall on the border and claim asylum so you are fighting a political battle that serves no purpose other than division not of land but of your mind.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

You all would be better served if you just came out and said you are wanting the process of asylum to stop in the usa.

No way, because that is not the truth. I am all for true asylum, I am for it 100%. I am not for economic migration.
I am not for illegal immigrants.

If it were illegal to cross the border and claim asylum then people would stop it cause they would not want to do illegal things.

#1 it is illegal,
#2 just because it is illegal it absolutely does not stop people, if that were the case we would have zero crime.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If they wanted asylum they would have taken it when Mexico offered it to them, this happens with every Caravan, but no they deny it and keep pressing to the US.....in fact, those "asylum seekers" that couldnt get past the border, decided to go all the way back home......weird.....

Thats a has been throw away line thats been proven false time and time again.......

The rest of your post is just uneducated drivel on the matter that isnt worth a response, because anyone who reads it will see it for what it is.....

Besides we all know who your previous Account was here before it was banned, Dif account same rhetoric
edit on 2/11/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You really don't have all the pieces.

See the poster's comments below yours.

Most asylum seekers are denied. Their reasons aren't acceptable.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Since California is a sanctuary state, Trump should pull the Guard, take down all walls there, and place the walls where they are wanted and let California deal with the friendly "migrants" themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

No way, because that is not the truth. I am all for true asylum, I am for it 100%. I am not for economic migration.
I am not for illegal immigrants.

#1 it is illegal,
#2 just because it is illegal it absolutely does not stop people, if that were the case we would have zero crime.

Yes it is legal and has been proven over and over again. There is a process on going down there and you may want to familiarize yourself with it.

Realize that most all these people in these caravans and such are getting across the border and surrendering to authorities and claiming asylum and it is legal.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I was going to say the same thing. We should have some kind of live border cam or something like that.

Problem is what stops them from coming and mooching off my state's tax dollars once they've gotten into California?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

If they wanted asylum they would have taken it when Mexico offered it to them, this happens with every Caravan, but no they deny it and keep pressing to the US.....in fact, those "asylum seekers" that couldnt get past the border, decided to go all the way back home......weird.....

Thats a has been throw away line thats been proven false time and time again.......

The rest of your post is just uneducated drivel on the matter that isnt worth a response, because anyone who reads it will see it for what it is.....

Besides we all know who your previous Account was here before it was banned, Dif account same rhetoric

Oh really?

It seems pretty obvious that they have the legal choice to claim asylum in mexico or in the usa.

If you would like to debate something other than the topic at hand then pm me and i will be glad to speak with you...you remind me of a girl i knew before
edit on 11-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For better or worse...it's their right to do that. For now. 2 out of 4 border states pulling troops from the border says something to me.

Have we heard of anything negative happening in NM since they pulled the troops? Not being sarcastic, genuinely asking, because I haven't heard anything.

Bottom line, I agree with JAG, the national guard is being tossed around like pawns at the moment. Something needs to change in that regard.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You really don't have all the pieces.

See the poster's comments below yours.

Most asylum seekers are denied. Their reasons aren't acceptable.

If they are denied then they should be deported. However it is legal for them to try. Until it is not legal for them to try then wall or no wall will not stop them.

This is not really hard concept.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds like opportunity to need National Emergency power....go for it...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It looks like just another push by democrats to rid themselves of public support altogether.

They’re doing a great job at eliminating ALL support they have.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It seems pretty obvious that they have the legal choice to claim asylum in mexico or in the usa.

Went over your head huh.........point is if asylum was what they wanted they would have taken it when mexico offered it, and the fact that they refused it and then CHOSE TO GO HOME when they couldnt get across to the US, proves they arent looking for asylum..........

I know it must be hard to grasp but try and stick with us here......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join