It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Starting To "Eat Their Own" Reprimand Rep. Ilhan Omar For Anti-Semitic Comments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
She might get some points for being "black" and a woman but that's it, yet gets many points deducted for being an outward, outspoken Muslim wearing it on her sleeve instead of keeping her religion on the backburner like the Christians, Jews, even Catholics in the Democratic party. They're not all atheists and hedonists who let their wives bathe in baby blood to keep a youthful appearance.

Um...just to clarify, Catholics are Christians...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Biggest electoral mistake this nation has ever seen, and we've seen some doozies over the centuries. Omar will last one term, hopefully her damage and the toxins she's injected into national politics won't outlast her.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... dium=social&fbclid=IwAR2mZXt0e8kNJHfJhDwIZvjgYMhej-4DWyotxRomergiTfNBHt0RLAkfUwg well they made her apologize that was surprisingly fast

Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota publicly apologized Monday after she faced backlash for tweets condemned by both sides of the aisle as anti-Semitic. "Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar said. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize." She continued, "At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry. It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."
so thats her apology that the dems demanded of her

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Except the whole premise of this is off. Nothing she said was "anti-semitic". What she said was anti-Israel. And we all know how well that goes over in either party. Both parties, and our tax dollars, and the media at large, are slaves to Israel. It's too bad that she didn't get support and caved to the disgusting war-mongering, dollar-loving, religious sympathizers/creeps that are in control.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

How funny she did not mention Alphabet (Google), Amazon or Facebook, why is that? But hey, she did miss the NRA, (is the NRA backing explosives now? Asking for a friend).

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.cnn.com... dium=social&fbclid=IwAR2mZXt0e8kNJHfJhDwIZvjgYMhej-4DWyotxRomergiTfNBHt0RLAkfUwg well they made her apologize that was surprisingly fast

Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota publicly apologized Monday after she faced backlash for tweets condemned by both sides of the aisle as anti-Semitic. "Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar said. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize." She continued, "At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry. It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."
so thats her apology that the dems demanded of her

What a sincere apology, not.

At least she was honest in her apology about being ignorant.

Let's take bets on how long it will take for her to say something else stupid.

I give her till the end of the month for that.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
How on earth in America of all places can you not say "Yea, I don't like that we give so much support to Israel and let their agenda drive our politics".

This.

You don't have to totally agree with someone opposite you on the political spectrum to acknowledge when Captain Obvious is being Obvious regarding Israel. The people are ok, but the government is as meddling-corrupt as they come. Oh well, birds of a feather, as they say.

The people are great!

Much of my family is Jewish and they love visiting Isreal.

I don't like the government of Israel's foreign policy.

I love America, am American.... Hate out foreign policy.

Keep an eye on the anti war dems during primaries... They will be called many things other than patriots, by their own party.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The question is: how is it anti-Semitic to criticize an Israeli-American political group for engaging in political corruption?

What is the corruption ?
You seem to be in the know.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
She spoke from COMPLETE and UTTER ignorance
From the beginning
The Democrats are in full damage control as the Democratic Party loves them some AIPAC money too

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Nothing wrong with criticizing Israel. However, I think her history is what makes her criticism so suspect and why people are jumping on the antisemitism claims.

Democrats really have an issue because they've gone bat sh*t cray left and it is becoming obvious to all but the blind. A lot of these new congressmen/women are really saying what Democrats really believe out in the open and it is surprising a lot of people who may have been more moderate and not as politically astute or aware of true Democrat positions.

+1
I suspect most democrats hate Israel (conservatives, capitalism, Christians, gun owners, etc) but they learn not to admit it (in public). they want Israel $ and they know lots of American approve of Israel.

these freshmen must learn how to hide their (and their party's) true feelings.
somebody said once, a gaffe is when a politician accidentally tells thr truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Criticizing Israeli policy, along with the govt. of Israel, is nothing even resembling anti-Semetic. Reading what she said, in this instance, I didn't see any, frankly.

My guess is that some of the Dems and GOP'ers got phone calls today from "interests", that, in essense, said "control her".

When you're bought and paid for, irregardless of who has bought you, you jump when they say "frog".

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I think many Jews, including Ben Shapiro would STRONGLY disagree with you!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Baloney. Check out Ben's video above^^^^

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

playing dumb is pretending that "Antifa" is the same thing as Democrats or Democratic politicians

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
See the difference here. When a Dem says something that may possibly be offensive, the party calls them out.

When a Republican says something racist/bigoted or commit sexual assault, they are celebrated by the right.
edit on 12-2-2019 by UmmmmNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We need to take her and all her fellow somolians and dump them in the middle of the ocean. That's probably the best place for em before they turn the US into a 3rd world sh!t hole like they did to their country... If you come to this country and can't adapt to our culture GET TF OUT!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hey man, still waiting for you to provide us those damning anti-Semetic quotes from the Congresswoman.

I'd hate to think that you gleefully ran with the words of the MSM before doing a little investigating.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I suspect most democrats hate Israel (conservatives, capitalism, Christians, gun owners, etc) but they learn not to admit it (in public). they want Israel $ and they know lots of American approve of Israel.

Approving of Israel and supporting their foreign policy direction are two different things. And you can support them as a nation and speak out against their foreign policy all while not hating them... Bizarre, I know.

these freshmen must learn how to hide their (and their party's) true feelings. somebody said once, a gaffe is when a politician accidentally tells thr truth.

Personally, I welcome politicians from both sides to speak out against our relations with other foreign entities that win out over the wishes of our citizens.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShadow21
We need to take her and all her fellow somolians and dump them in the middle of the ocean. That's probably the best place for em before they turn the US into a 3rd world sh!t hole like they did to their country... If you come to this country and can't adapt to our culture GET TF OUT!!!

That's too extreme. After all, people in this country are electing people who were not born here...like voters starting doing in the United Kingdom, a few years ago.

That being said, it's just weird to me that Congresswoman IIhan Omar married her biological brother.

Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Don't need to, when the Ben Shapiro video that I posted above does a fine job listing examples of her anti-semite rhetoric. Did you bother watching? My guess is you didn't. Let's just say she has a history of hateful remarks which have nothing to do with "policy" disagreement and everything to do with her being an anti-semite. You must think her so called apology was sincere. I don't, as well as most Jews.
edit on 2/13/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join