It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
She is framing everyone who isn’t pro LGBT as Anti which is also disengenious. I wouldn’t be caught dead at an LGBT event, but I also wouldn’t go out of my way to cause them any trouble.
edit on 2019/2/11 by Metallicus because: Fix

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If a church only allowed white people to join if they admitted that their whiteness was a sin would you label that church as anti-white?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ketsuko

If a church only allowed white people to join if they admitted that their whiteness was a sin would you label that church as anti-white?

...enter what I said earlier in this thread about why the ridiculous "sexuality is not a choice" arguments were so vital by the LGBT community over the past 3 decades. This was why they argued that and desperately needed people to agree with them.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you would argue that such a church is anti-white but a church that has similar requirements for LGBT members is not anti-LGBT?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: continuousThunder
it's extremely gross and incredibly disingenuous the way this argument is framed as
"oh they want to be accepted but what about ACCEPTING US"
because what you're literally saying in that context is that persecuting the LGBT is an important part of who you are
but you're too damn chicken to come out and say it straight.
just own it
at least then i could respect your integrity, if not your values.

She is farming everyone who isn’t pro LGBT as Anti which is also disengenious. I wouldn’t be caught dead at an LGBT event, but I also wouldn’t go out of my way to cause them any trouble.

Pretty much this, and I wouldn't shed any tears to discover they don't go out of their way to come to local prayer meetings either.

It's this concept called live and let live that seems to escape them but then again we are talking about progressives.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Chris Pratt should be fired from any job, beaten and shamed in public because he dared to think differently than the Marxist douche-twinkies.

Amen.

I'm sorry I said "Amen" because it has the word "men" in it.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yup, pratt is done. He'll never get a good role again.

His best chance is to team up with james woods and do some sort of buddy action/comedy movie....wait....that might be cool.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I guess battles lines have been drawn as to which is more important.

1. Do not be seen anywhere near anything perceived as "anti"....fill in the gap.

versus

2. Don't tell people where and how to worship.

I immensely disliked Hillsong from back in OZ where they started....and still do.
But, I dislike people telling someone how and where to think and pray more.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So you would argue that such a church is anti-white but a church that has similar requirements for LGBT members is not anti-LGBT?

Court in Iowa said it is perfectly OK to set standards like this.

Iowa University was trying to kick out about 32 different religious groups because they set standards about aligning to religious dogma in order to either belong outright or be leaders of the orgs in question.

By contrast, IU had no such issues with various ethnic and minority groups like LGBT groups who set similar standards for their own groups. In the funniest example, they wanted to axe the Chinese Christian group *not* for holding standards that one much be Chinese in order to belong but for holding to orthodox Christian beliefs in order to belong.

The court rightly decided both that these groups did indeed have the right follow their dogmas (it was not just Christian groups on IU's probationary list but they also had Muslim, Jewish, and Sikh groups on that list too).

At the hearing February 1, it was clear the university had not only kicked BLC off campus because of their expression of faith, but had targeted and blacklisted 31 other student groups— only religious ones. The court ruled that the university must stop its unequal treatment of religious student organizations in the name of “anti-discrimination.”

While in court, the University of Iowa admitted to a bombshell: They had been keeping a “watch list” of 32 groups placed on “probationary status.” Every one of the student groups on the list was religious in nature. The list appeared when the court asked the university to identify all the groups that would be affected by a ruling against BLC, and in favor of the University of Iowa’s decision to remove the group after deeming their religious beliefs “discriminatory.”

The court ruled that this was clearly a case anti-religious animus on the part of the university.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Did Pence's church likewise require those people to admit to their sin and if so, does that mean the church is anti-straight?

I can answer that, as I have followed the media manufactured Pence drama and find him and his wife to be quality people of strong moral character and impeccable tastes in churches...

www.nytimes.com...
The eighth item on the application’s “Articles of Employment,” which requires applicants to sign their initials next to a list of beliefs, outlines Immanuel Christian’s definition of marriage and stances on sexual identity.

“I understand that the term ‘marriage’ has only one meaning; the uniting of one man and one woman,” it reads, adding that certain “moral misconduct” would be disqualifying, such as “heterosexual activity outside of marriage (e.g., premarital sex, cohabitation, extramarital sex), homosexual or lesbian sexual activity, polygamy, transgender identity, any other violation of the unique roles of male and female.”

So they practice what they preach and are universally opposed to sinning without admission of wrongdoing and striving to be better.

So to people endorsing Page's stance: Does this mean that Pratt's church is anti-straight? Anyone, anyone?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm not a Hillsong either. Mega churches rub me wrong.

And as I said, Obama was perfectly fine to worship wherever he wants. I'm not telling him not to. I didn't have to vote for him though. I'm not sure I want a president if I can't trust that he actually likes his own country.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Yup, pratt is done. He'll never get a good role again.

His best chance is to team up with james woods and do some sort of buddy action/comedy movie....wait....that might be cool.

Guess he better save all that Lego money
And that marvel studios money
And that Jurassic park money

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I would argue that a person's race isn't a choice in any way, so it can't be a "sin," as sin is always a choice. Thus, yeah... I'd say a church who tries to portray anything the individuals don't have control over, such as their race, is anti-whatever. Conversely, I'd say the other church is anti-sinning without repentance, not anti-any individual.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think Ellen needs to figure out the difference between hate and disapproval. I disapprove of lots of things people do without hating people. People aren’t required to like you, Ellen.

She is another liberal Hollywood moron.

I think you hit the nail on the head. All this talk about "hate" from the extremists boils down to just that: a failure to differentiate between the meaning of two words. The do confuse "hate" and "disapproval." It's like when my son was about 10 and he often accused me of lying, not understanding that lying and simply being mistaken were two wildly different things.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
We should all send boxes of tissues to Ellen Page. She needs them. This multimillionaire obviously is oppressed and Christianity is obviously evil.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Was my answer of the court case not enough for you?

Plenty of groups in society are already allowed to set memberships by ethnic or groups standards like this and no one thinks it at all anti-other group, but oh my stars and garters, let it be a church that does it in some way like by defining what a traditional marriage and sexual orthodoxy might be ... and all of a sudden, that's not defining the group in question so much as being anti-other group.

So, you see my post about the Iowa University case.

Did you notice how all kinds of student groups could set their membership and leadership standards to make sure they had a membership reflective of what they purported to be? You know ... LBGT groups only having members or leaders from that group identity. Chinese groups only have Chinese students. So on and so forth ... and that never seems to be a problem for anyone, but for the University of Iowa it suddenly became a problem when religious groups and only religious groups set membership standards to reflect their religious orthodoxies, and you have this same problem in your posting.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
and it seems Starlord has responded.....

Pratt, 39, slammed Page's claims Monday on Instagram, writing: “It has recently been suggested that I belong to a church which 'hates a certain group of people' and is 'infamously anti-LGBTQ.' Nothing could be further from the truth. I go to a church that opens their doors to absolutely everyone.”

seems the lady did not know about what she opened her yap about

The "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" star also noted that although "faith is important" to him "no church defines me or my life, and I am not a spokesman for any church or any group of people.” "My values define who I am," he continued. "We need less hate in this world, not more. I am a man who believes that everyone is entitled to love who they want free from the judgment of their fellow man." Pratt concluded his Instagram post by sharing how his faith navigates him in life. “Jesus said, ‘I give you a new command, love one another,'" he wrote. "This is what guides me in my life. He is a God of Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness. Hate has no place in my or this world.”

anti-hatist
interesting posture for someone who was slandered for no reason

as for his church...

Pastor Chad Veach previously told the New York Times he modeled Zoe church after Hillsong, which is popular among celebrities, including Justin Bieber. Senior pastor Brian Houston at Hillsong previously said in a 2015 statement that the church does “not affirm a gay lifestyle.” “We do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid,” he said in a post on the church’s website. “I recognize this one statement alone is upsetting to people on both sides of this discussion, which points to the complexity of the issue for churches all over the world.”

He said that he loves and accepts “people on a personal level.” “Everyone is welcome at Hillsong church except for known predators, those who are disruptive, or those who have adversarial agendas,” he said, adding that gay people are welcomed at the church but cannot pursue a leadership role.

everyone is welcome.....
imagine that

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Truth is that many churches (and Christians) are like that, but they do not affirm the gay lifestyle at the same time. It's a tough line to walk in a society that wants everyone to accept the gay lifestyle itself.
edit on 12-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join