It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I see, so basically, no one can be traditionally religious anymore. So then, I don't have a problem with it because your definition is discriminatory against religious folks of several major world faiths.

If you had said, "Westboro Baptist" my answer would have been different.
edit on 11-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If you don't like it, don't attend. What business is it of yours (or anyone's) what church Chris Pratt attends and what their beliefs are? And yeah, I feel the same about politicians so long as the politicians' church isn't essentially calling for God to smite the country they're allegedly running to serve... This is why I am opposed to Muslim elected officials in this country, their religion essentially calls for conflict with any country that doesn't subject itself to "allah." which is a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, we all know what this is actually about, though. Pratt is conservative by Hollywood standards and has remained successful in Hollywood despite that fact. Some around him are going to go after his career and his ability to remain employed in Hollywood because he hasn't become subservient to the Hollywood commandments of being as far to the left as possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

What your statement actually means is that you accept anecdotes as evidence, and are will to attach stereotypes as a result. Basically, no one should ever take you seriously.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At the end of the day, the problem with Obama's church was not his religious affiliation as much as it was the idea that when you elect someone to lead the country, you would presumably want someone who wants the best for it. The idea that he attended a church where the rhetoric was on par at times with Westboro Baptist was one question the other was, do you really want a president who sits in a church that preaches God Damn America?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ketsuko

Anti- is a term that means "opposed to." LGBT is a term that refers lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Thus anti-LGBT means opposed to lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgenders.

For example, a church that Mike Pence was a member of does not allow homosexuals unless they admit that their homosexuality makes them a sinner.

I'd say that's anti-LGBT.

News flash: According to Christian dogma, the act homosexuality is a sin. If a person cannot admit that, why should the church allow them to join?

According to Christian dogma, the acts of adultery and pre-marital sex are all sins. Both are notably heterosexual activities. Did Pence's church likewise require those people to admit to their sin and if so, does that mean the church is anti-straight?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Did Pence's church likewise require those people to admit to their sin and if so, does that mean the church is anti-straight?

I can answer that, as I have followed the media manufactured Pence drama and find him and his wife to be quality people of strong moral character and impeccable tastes in churches...

www.nytimes.com...

The eighth item on the application’s “Articles of Employment,” which requires applicants to sign their initials next to a list of beliefs, outlines Immanuel Christian’s definition of marriage and stances on sexual identity.

“I understand that the term ‘marriage’ has only one meaning; the uniting of one man and one woman,” it reads, adding that certain “moral misconduct” would be disqualifying, such as “heterosexual activity outside of marriage (e.g., premarital sex, cohabitation, extramarital sex), homosexual or lesbian sexual activity, polygamy, transgender identity, any other violation of the unique roles of male and female.”

So they practice what they preach and are universally opposed to sinning without admission of wrongdoing and striving to be better.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If you don't like it, don't attend. What business is it of yours (or anyone's) what church Chris Pratt attends and what their beliefs are? And yeah, I feel the same about politicians so long as the politicians' church isn't essentially calling for God to smite the country they're allegedly running to serve... This is why I am opposed to Muslim elected officials in this country, their religion essentially calls for conflict with any country that doesn't subject itself to "allah." which is a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, we all know what this is actually about, though. Pratt is conservative by Hollywood standards and has remained successful in Hollywood despite that fact. Some around him are going to go after his career and his ability to remain employed in Hollywood because he hasn't become subservient to the Hollywood commandments of being as far to the left as possible.

That's really the real gist of it there.

How dare he hold views counter to the liberal hollywood machine, how dare he. And he thinks he can have a career in OUR industry.......the nerve.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Talk about a double standard. It wasn't that long ago that the Right were criticizing Obama because of the church he attended.

Was that the time he attended farakahns joint?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Ellen Page slammed Chris Pratt for attending a church she claimed is “infamously anti-LGBTQ” and doubled down on her comments on Saturday.

Page’s criticism came after Pratt appeared on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and talked about being religious and completing a 21-day fast inspired by the Biblical Prophet Daniel. “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” actor frequently attends Zoe Church, which is modeled after Hillsong Church, a megachurch founded in Australia but which has locations in New York City and Los Angeles, the New York Times previously reported. Variety stated Pratt was also a Hillsong church attendee.

Following Pratt’s appearance on the late-night show, Page took to Twitter to criticize Pratt for attending the church, which she did not name.

“Oh. K. Um. But his church is infamously anti lgbtq so maybe address that too?” She tweeted along with a Hollywood Reporter article about Pratt’s interview.

“If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed,” the 31-year-old actress tweeted Saturday. “Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all.”

She said in another tweet, “If lgbtq+ people are expressing their pain, their trauma, their experiences … maybe just try and listen? Open your heart, stop being defensive and have compassion. It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all.”

Thanks, Page, we get it. You're gay and if anyone attends a church that doesn't allow gays to be leaders, that means they're evil and we can count on people like you to act like a deranged angry heterophobe on Twitter while you call everyone else out.

I hope Pratt stands strong and doesn't back down. Lots of people are sick of Hollywood progs trying to ruin other people for not accepting them. While Page complains about this society, she forgets that it wasn't long ago that someone like her wouldn't be able to anything in this country because nobody would've given her a second chance after finding out she's gay. She should practice what she's preaching. She wants to be her, but she wants everyone to accept her instead of being who they are. It's not a one-way street, chick.

You wanna be gay? Be gay. Nobody cares. You wanna force society to accept it? You're on your own because you'll push more to reject it. Chris Pratt has been one of my favorite actors since I saw him in "Deep in the Valley" and crap like this makes me like the guy even more.

Page on Pratt.

Well at least he didn't lose his red carpet event like the guy who pretended he was rob roy.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Talk about a double standard. It wasn't that long ago that the Right were criticizing Obama because of the church he attended.

The Nation of Islam has now been infiltrated by Scientologists. It is hilarious to see the Nation of Islam pushing Xenu to the congregants.

ETA: Link
edit on 2019/2/11 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Black panther battleground earth?
Oh goodie
That will be a swell film
Shaft vs alien forest Whitaker will be epic!
edit on 11/2/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The Nation of Islam has now been infiltrated by Scientologists. It is hilarious to see the Nation of Islam pushing Xenu to the congregants.

Are you serious, that would be hilarious. Then again, that could be scary. The two most(current times) dangerous religions, IMO, joining forces.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Metallicus

Are you serious, that would be hilarious. Then again, that could be scary. The two most(current times) dangerous religions, IMO, joining forces.

I added a link in my post above.

Yes, it is serious. Farakhan gets commissions for his congregants that take Scientology screenings.

It is funny and sad.

I added the LINK here as well.

edit on 2019/2/11 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Back panther battleground earth?
Oh goodie
That will be a swell film
Shaft vs alien forest Whitaker will be epic!

Free at last, free at last! Free to kick a supressive person's ass!"

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow
Thats nuts
Sciency beanpies?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
it's extremely gross and incredibly disingenuous the way this argument is framed as
"oh they want to be accepted but what about ACCEPTING US"
because what you're literally saying in that context is that persecuting the LGBT is an important part of who you are
but you're too damn chicken to come out and say it straight.
just own it
at least then i could respect your integrity, if not your values.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Dear Ms Page

Coming from a bleeding heart liberal like myself, please don't tell people where to go to church.

You are not that important dear.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

There is a LOT of ground between the concepts of "accepting" and "persecuting." Not wishing to fellowship with someone for whatever reason is not accepting them, it is not persecuting them, however.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
it's extremely gross and incredibly disingenuous the way this argument is framed as
"oh they want to be accepted but what about ACCEPTING US"
because what you're literally saying in that context is that persecuting the LGBT is an important part of who you are
but you're too damn chicken to come out and say it straight.
just own it
at least then i could respect your integrity, if not your values.

She is farming everyone who isn’t pro LGBT as Anti which is also disengenious. I wouldn’t be caught dead at an LGBT event, but I also wouldn’t go out of my way to cause them any trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join