It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
boo hoo.

god damn, y all whine about everything!

and, where did she say she hated him? freedome of speech anyone??

lol

chris pratt is one of your favorite actors now, tho - hilarous!

Yes she can say anything she wants and we can all safely say she's an over opinionated over rated actor whos entire identity is based on being gay.

Which is fine and I'd be against him if he was preaching on the show but he wasn't.

If I had to choose between a Chris Pratt movie or an Ellen page movie it's an easy choice

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

she's a fearful ugly women, but also my husbands best friends mom, and it was thanksgiving, so i ignored her. if there's a next time i won't.

That was probably the correct choice given the holiday. I would have done the same.
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

I disagree. I think a lot of Christians do hate gays. I was told by a lovely Christian school teacher that trump was elected by god to take care of the gays.. I wonder what she meant by that..

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I disagree. I think a lot of Christians do hate gays. I was told by a lovely Christian school teacher that trump was elected by god to take care of the gays.. I wonder what she meant by that..

Exactly. Even if all Christians don’t go by that motto, I believe the majority of Christians do.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Aye, many Christians don't hate.......

However there are certain segments that take the hate to the extreme. Think Westboro Baptist Church.

And since she's open about her sexuality. Imagine the amount of hateful comments she probably gets on a regular or daily basis.

In 2017 Page was subjected to death threats by an instagram user. Though from what I read the instagram user wanted to kill her for being a "lying worthless canadian". I'm not sure if he was ok with her being gay or not.

That extreme hate can be seen in many groups. How often have certain people from the LGBTQ communities spewed their hatred of anyone religious or anyone not agreeing with their ideology ?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Exactly. Even if all Christians don’t go by that motto, I believe the majority of Christians do.

I think many sinners have a difficult time separating themselves from their favorite sins... which leads to them believing any criticism against their sins is a direct slag on them, personally, and constitutes hatred. That's the reason we spent the past 3 decades listening to the ridiculously asinine argument that sexuality isn't a choice... convince the narrative that sexuality is a "born that way" issue and, magically, anyone who criticizes the sin is now critical of something supposedly "outside the control" of the sinner.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Metallicus

I totally disagree with you...

I think we need to ignore everyone in Hollywood...
Problem solved

This...so much this.....

I've never understood why the opinions of performers and entertainers means anything to anybody...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm sure Page will be slamming Muslim celebrities who go to Mosques, which are all Anti-LGB, any time now.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Talk about a double standard. It wasn't that long ago that the Right were criticizing Obama because of the church he attended.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Talk about a double standard. It wasn't that long ago that the Right were criticizing Obama because of the church he attended.

Huh? I missed where Chris Pratt is running for elected office.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you're fine with people slamming politicians that attend anti-LGBT churches?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

People in those professions have influence on national legislative policy. Actors, not so much.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Define anti-LBGT+Whatever other letter we're adding this week, and I'll let you know.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ok, I know "Crisp rat* but who is Ellen Page, is she a friend of perez hilton or something, spouting about tolerance yet being intolerant ? i only watch animation and asian dramas anymore so I have no clue who she is. Only voice actors get any of my money.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I've never heard of Pastor Veach calling for God to "damn America." Have you and could you please source it?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

“If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed,”

She has a point. I've wondered why actors who hate the "deplorables" that voted for Trump hasn't been addressed.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Kity Pryde in the original X-men movies.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe they used the term "White Devil"?

I've read that was not uncommon in Rev Wright's church.

But what do I know, I'm pale and minority challenged.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ybl post
edit on 11-2-2019 by thedigirati because: Cause I can

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Anti- is a term that means "opposed to." LGBT is a term that refers lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Thus anti-LGBT means opposed to lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgenders.

For example, a church that Mike Pence was a member of does not allow homosexuals unless they admit that their homosexuality makes them a sinner.

I'd say that's anti-LGBT.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join