It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Pratt slammed by Ellen Page for attending ‘infamously anti-LGBTQ’ church

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Ellen Page slammed Chris Pratt for attending a church she claimed is “infamously anti-LGBTQ” and doubled down on her comments on Saturday.

Page’s criticism came after Pratt appeared on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and talked about being religious and completing a 21-day fast inspired by the Biblical Prophet Daniel. “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part” actor frequently attends Zoe Church, which is modeled after Hillsong Church, a megachurch founded in Australia but which has locations in New York City and Los Angeles, the New York Times previously reported. Variety stated Pratt was also a Hillsong church attendee.

Following Pratt’s appearance on the late-night show, Page took to Twitter to criticize Pratt for attending the church, which she did not name.

“Oh. K. Um. But his church is infamously anti lgbtq so maybe address that too?” She tweeted along with a Hollywood Reporter article about Pratt’s interview.

“If you are a famous actor and you belong to an organization that hates a certain group of people, don’t be surprised if someone simply wonders why it’s not addressed,” the 31-year-old actress tweeted Saturday. “Being anti LGBTQ is wrong, there aren’t two sides. The damage it causes is severe. Full stop. Sending love to all.”

She said in another tweet, “If lgbtq+ people are expressing their pain, their trauma, their experiences … maybe just try and listen? Open your heart, stop being defensive and have compassion. It’s a beautiful and life changing feeling, empathy. Much love truly to all.”

Thanks, Page, we get it. You're gay and if anyone attends a church that doesn't allow gays to be leaders, that means they're evil and we can count on people like you to act like a deranged angry heterophobe on Twitter while you call everyone else out.

I hope Pratt stands strong and doesn't back down. Lots of people are sick of Hollywood progs trying to ruin other people for not accepting them. While Page complains about this society, she forgets that it wasn't long ago that someone like her wouldn't be able to anything in this country because nobody would've given her a second chance after finding out she's gay. She should practice what she's preaching. She wants to be her, but she wants everyone to accept her instead of being who they are. It's not a one-way street, chick.

You wanna be gay? Be gay. Nobody cares. You wanna force society to accept it? You're on your own because you'll push more to reject it. Chris Pratt has been one of my favorite actors since I saw him in "Deep in the Valley" and crap like this makes me like the guy even more.

Page on Pratt.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can’t stand her smugness in her acting and in real life. She would be miserable to be around, but Pratt? I’m guessing he would be pretty fun to hang with.
About that “much love to all”thing. I’m kinda guessing she doesn’t have much love for Pratt, or his church, or southern white men, churches, and...let’s just say she loves about 10% of humans.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think Ellen needs to figure out the difference between hate and disapproval. I disapprove of lots of things people do without hating people. People aren’t required to like you, Ellen.

She is another liberal Hollywood moron.
edit on 2019/2/11 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

edit on 11-2-2019 by MarkOfTheV because: We're just fanning flames. Better to let Ms Page fade into obscurity and disappear amongst the outraged twitter verse.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I totally disagree with you...

I think we need to ignore everyone in Hollywood...
Problem solved

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Who dares pick on starlord?

Ps
Why does she care?
Sunds ike a self important busy body ?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I cant stand fake people and Ellen exudes fakeness from every ounce of her being. And the audience in her shows are a bit cult-like imho

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ellen Page's cult, err church, slams straight white males on a daily basis. So...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think Ellen needs to figure out the difference between hate and disapproval. I disapprove of lots of things people do without hating people. People aren’t required to like you, Ellen.

You hit the nail on the head. Most Christians don’t hate anyone in the lgbtq communities. They merely don’t agree with certain practices. It’s offensive to Christians to always be told they are full of hate when in fact many will go out of their way to help these folks in times of dire need.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I can't even remember her last good movie. Inception maybe?

Why should he care what she thinks about anything?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
boo hoo.

god damn, y all whine about everything!

and, where did she say she hated him? freedome of speech anyone??

lol

chris pratt is one of your favorite actors now, tho - hilarous!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Aye, many Christians don't hate.......

However there are certain segments that take the hate to the extreme. Think Westboro Baptist Church.

And since she's open about her sexuality. Imagine the amount of hateful comments she probably gets on a regular or daily basis.

In 2017 Page was subjected to death threats by an instagram user. Though from what I read the instagram user wanted to kill her for being a "lying worthless canadian". I'm not sure if he was ok with her being gay or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Oh she is a canuk?
Say no more.
That is quite enough.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I disagree. I think a lot of Christians do hate gays. I was told by a lovely Christian school teacher that trump was elected by god to take care of the gays.. I wonder what she meant by that..

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I can’t stand her smugness in her acting and in real life. She would be miserable to be around, but Pratt? I’m guessing he would be pretty fun to hang with.
About that “much love to all”thing. I’m kinda guessing she doesn’t have much love for Pratt, or his church, or southern white men, churches, and...let’s just say she loves about 10% of humans.

That's exactly what type of vibe she gives me, too. You should love everybody except the people I don't like. And sue Pratt for being normal.

The best part about all of this is that I won't feel like I missed something when I skip past the new Star Wars movies. It was bad enough with Mark Hamill.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It means shes nuts.
Most Christians believe their god will handle it in the end.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I disagree. I think a lot of Christians do hate gays. I was told by a lovely Christian school teacher that trump was elected by god to take care of the gays.. I wonder what she meant by that..

Why didn't you ask?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

She's up and coming, aughta fit right in with the radical alt-lefties that only lean left because they're too rich to care about the normalcy of America. She'll be socially bulletproof until the money runs out and that's when she'll have to do something even dumber, like DeNiro and Carrey and all those other has-beens that used to be good.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

she's a fearful ugly women, but also my husbands best friends mom, and it was thanksgiving, so i ignored her. if there's a next time i won't.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

She cares because she can't stand that some people stick to the Bible which holds to a different view of sexuality and marriage than she would prefer. Of course, I haven't noticed that anyone is either forcing her to attend that church or stopping her from practicing her views on sexuality and marriage these days, so she's simply being bitter at this point, especially when if she wants a religion, it's easy enough to find one for every flavor at this point including one for her views on things.
edit on 11-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join