It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queen Story Time...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That is true. So now a kid will see a trans and say hey it's a muffyfish basket and someone will take offense to it and start a ruckus , but we should all walk on eggshells now for fear of saying the word even after we are told it's the right one.
If you want to be called a certain pronoun you should wear it on your shirt or tattoo it on your forehead so the rest of us can know or are we supposed to ask every single one what they want to be called...because most of us cant keep up with the ever growing number of names that keep being made up.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I teach my kids to respect people, it tends to make most situations better. The bias on here is obvious insinuations about peadophilic behaviour. Id rather protect my kids from morons showing such prejudice than a drag queen.

I always find it amazing that people will "test" their tolerance with their children's lives and well being, proving by God, just how truly virtuous they really are. Well congratulations! You should move to Finland, where a thread yesterday detailed that the Finnish were finished (pretty witty, huh) with allowing grown men to visit their daycares and schools because, guess what, many of those immigrants are proven pedos!!! Yay for tolerance!

Drag queens are sexual creatures with clear agendas. Did you watch the video that someone posted with Fluffy McButtersnatch or whatever the hell his name is? This is not child appropriate behavior. You don't put your child in harm's way (whether the harm is actual or not, but whether it is a real potential) just to prove how tolerant you are. That's stupid.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah man, from that video stosh posted, I wouldn't want that person's day job to be telling stories to children. At least one teacher has been fired for having nude images of herself discovered by kids who (illegally) snatched her phone, and others for pole dancing etc so I don't see why Muffy should get a pass.

edit on 11-2-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
By the way...

Noticed at my local library they also have Drag Queen story time! WTF..... Not muffy, but some other drag queen.

I'm sure toddlers find this hilarious in an innocent / non-sexual kind of way... but as a parent, it just seems wrong. Like I said, I am pretty liberal socially (I'd venture 20% of my neighbors are gay with rainbow flags flying everywhere). This just seems to be pushing it.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

I don't test tolerance on my kids, I teach them it. Better than some bull# ideology from some weird religion written by sexist racist homophobic men 2000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
By the way...

Noticed at my local library they also have Drag Queen story time! WTF..... Not muffy, but some other drag queen.

'Fishy Muffbasket'?
Transvestites named after vaginal odor are, apparently, all the rage, where entertaining Leftist's toddlers is concerned.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I don't test tolerance on my kids, I teach them it. Better than some bull# ideology from some weird religion written by sexist racist homophobic men 2000 years ago.

Questioning the appropriateness of it does not mean you are a religious nut. Only time I go to church is for weddings and funerals. I am pretty agnostic and damn near atheist when it comes to religion. I have zero love for the church... especially overly conservative fundamentalist.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Edumakated
By the way...

'Fishy Muffbasket'?
Transvestites named after vaginal odor are, apparently, all the rage, where entertaining Leftist's toddlers is concerned.

Damn, now that you reversed the name I get it... jeez.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah me too... gross.
Seems to show a certain disdain for womanhood, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

At least you were able to use the God given pronoun and tell your son that this MAN can be whatever HE wants to be.

I know you're trying to be edgy and offensive with your all caps pronouns, but you should be aware that drag queens do not identify as women. They are men who enjoy dressing up like women for events and performances. By day, they generally live a normal man's life.
edit on 11-2-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
How would feel about taking the child to a production of “Peter Pan”?

Realizing of course that the role of Peter Pan, a boy “who never grows up”, is traditionally pkayed by a woman in “drag”.

Drag queens are “characters”, that is all you have to explain as a parent. Children will learn the “details” on their own, at their own pace; though what they decide about what they learn may not be what you expect.

Have you ever tried to explain advanced math to a 4 year old? What you are suggesting is about like that. Let kids be kids for a bit before you force them to accept whatever the lgbt** dejour is today. I never had a kid ask about Peter pan's gender, in the story, he was a kid.

At some point, some rational thought will be applied to what children are force fed. Till then, we will have this.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Yeah me too... gross.
Seems to show a certain disdain for womanhood, if you ask me.

Well, that's the beauty of it, init?

Enlighted & Leftist parents giggle in the quiet knowledge that they're actually watching a crude and crass, double-entendre laden, sexual parody of traditional gender norms...but one still edgy enough to also discuss vaginas, crotch odor and cross-dressing in front of their kids.

While, beside them, in gleeful innocence, their children just think they're watching a funny clown with a funny name.
edit on 11-2-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
How would feel about taking the child to a production of “Peter Pan”?

Realizing of course that the role of Peter Pan, a boy “who never grows up”, is traditionally pkayed by a woman in “drag”.

Drag queens are “characters”, that is all you have to explain as a parent. Children will learn the “details” on their own, at their own pace; though what they decide about what they learn may not be what you expect.

Drag Queens are characters, but drag is also adult performance art sort of like burlesque is adult performance art. However, I feel like because drag gender bends and that fits the current gender non-conforming agenda, they are pushing to normalize it at any age rather than keep it as adult performance art.

Why don't we have burlesque storytimes for kids?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Oh yes...you're clearly ooooozing with tolerance.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Men comedically dressed as women with names belittling women...seems reminiscent of White people comedically wearing blackface with names belittling African Americans.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Men comedically dressed as women with names belittling women...seems reminiscent of White people comedically wearing blackface with names belittling African Americans.

The trans agenda is steadily erasing women and our rights in society, but since I'm just a white Christian woman and conservative, no one will listen to me until it's too late.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So what I gather from those who support drag queens reading to little kids is that they view it as simply an characterization so no harm, no foul?

Would you feel the same way if one was to dress in blackface characterization and have story time with your young children?

Are they not the same? Simple tricks of exaggerated make up and costumes acting out as a perceived stereotypical role play?

Edit add:
a reply to: IAMTAT
Just seen I am not alone in questioning the differences.
edit on 2 11 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The irony is thick...

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The trans agenda is steadily erasing women and our rights in society, but since I'm just a white Christian woman and conservative, no one will listen to me until it's too late.

I'd like someone to explain the difference between Fishy Muffbasket and Al Jolson

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That name.......... reminds me of a character in Saving Mr. Banks -- Ginty McFeatherfluffy. I think it's a good thing to take your children to safe events that reflect the changing world. You are there to interpret for them, and as we all know, trust and truth is paramount when raising a child (Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny notwithstanding).

I would say, "this person is playing a character and that character is fun. Let us listen to their story. " If pressed, I would explain the biology, keeping it simple for a later time when a more complex answer is necessary. It's the way I learned the world. What we should probably not do is prejuidice our children against various groups, unless those groups are inherently dangerous to their safety.

Like every other demographic in the world, Drag Queens can be funny, engaging, and sometimes waaaaaay over the top. Stripped of the makeup and accoutrements, they are just exactly like you and me -- just folks. I admire their courage in being what they want against the flow of majority social norm. I wish we could all have the guts to be exactly what we want to be, criminals notwithstanding.

I struggled to be the person I am. I have been screwed up and rebuilt and reborn. I like who I am. I wish the same for everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join