It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queen Story Time...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So a couple of weeks ago wife asked if I wanted to take my son to one of the local museums for a sleep over. It sounds like fun. The museum apparently has all kinds of children's activities during the night.

Anyway, I am looking at the agenda / list of activities and it mentions story time with Muffyfish Basket. So I've never heard of Muffyfish Basket and apparently he/she is a drag queen. Apparently, pretty popular too as she has her own website and appears to be pretty booked up all over Chicago doing story time with kids. I am guessing he is probably quite entertaining.

I am pretty liberal socially, but part of me kind of feels like this is crossing a line with kids/toddlers. I really don't care what people do in their bedrooms or what kind of gender fetishes or dysphoria people have. It just seems a little off to me. I mean I don't think parents would approve if say some hot chick did story time in a thong with her boobs hanging out.

It appears drag time story time is the rage all over...

Of course, the other day I am with my son in Boston Market and as all toddlers do, he says something wholly inappropriate at the wrong time. The guy helping us was obviously transgendered (guy trying his damndest to look like a girl but the goatee and big hands weren't helping the ruse...). Anyway, my son loudly ask the guy if he is a girl or boy.... All I can do is tell my son, "He can be anything he wants to be..."

Life in a liberal big city...

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sending your kid for a sleep over in a museum with a transvestite named Muffy Fish?
Sure...What could go wrong?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I would have told my kid the truth... but thats why im not allowed around my child. #in life lol.
edit on 11-2-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
How would feel about taking the child to a production of “Peter Pan”?

Realizing of course that the role of Peter Pan, a boy “who never grows up”, is traditionally pkayed by a woman in “drag”.

Drag queens are “characters”, that is all you have to explain as a parent. Children will learn the “details” on their own, at their own pace; though what they decide about what they learn may not be what you expect.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would have told my kid the truth too. If a man dresses like a woman that is his choice and why should I have to lie to my kid and say he is a she ?
Why cant I say...well son that's a good question, he is a man that thinks or wants to be a woman...a woman with a goatee so maybe he doesn't really even know what he is.
When my son was young we went to 711 on Halloween and there was an Indian man working there wearing a turban and my son said look dad he's a genie! That was so funny at the time and even the man thought it was funny too, but we know it wouldn't be that way these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
How would feel about taking the child to a production of “Peter Pan”?

Realizing of course that the role of Peter Pan, a boy “who never grows up”, is traditionally pkayed by a woman in “drag”.

Drag queens are “characters”, that is all you have to explain as a parent. Children will learn the “details” on their own, at their own pace; though what they decide about what they learn may not be what you expect.

Precisely.

Some drag queens aren't even gay. They just enjoy the attention given to their "female" persona.

link   

Imo this is just wrong. Nature makes people Male and female for a reason. Would seem something just isn't firing right in some people's heads.

link   

Imo this is just wrong. Nature makes people Male and female for a reason. Would seem something just isn't firing right in some people's heads.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The biggest problem with the whole thing to me honestly is the name...muffyfish basket.

I mean a drag queen reading stories to children probably isn't a big deal by itself...but in all honesty drag queen or not it should be at least child appropriate #. I understand most kids won't get it. But the parents will and it's the kind of thing children repeat and just if there's going to be something where an adult is supervising small children there should really be zero sexual innuendo involved...even fairly innocent innuendo.

Dude dressed as a woman reading stories to children..well aight...but...# sake make yourself and your name something child appropriate.

I mean if it was just a normal dude calling himself Rooster McCockpants or something would you send your kids to that person?
edit on 11/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I would never send my kid to a sleepover like that. There is already something not right going on in the drag queens head. Would fear for my kid in a situation like that.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wait until after this 'innocent' sleepover, where I am sure all intentions are as pure as the wind driven snow.

Your kid gets home and googles 'clappy mcclap trap' or what ever the TV's kid friendly name is.

When "I F#d your dad" comes up, explain it was just a 'character'.

SMFH

Agenda is obvious
Any parent letting their kid go to a 'sleep over' at an event where this thing is the main attraction deserves whatever happens.
I hear Comet PP does a great camping trip.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Makes you wonder what kind of story's are being read/told. to the kids as well. I'm willing to bet not your normal bed time story.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Muffyfish? Really???

I'm trying to wrap my head around the name... and someone actually choosing that name...

Muffyfish? MUFFYFISH???

I can't. I just can't.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Queen Lactatia any better?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, just dammit, Augustus... I was trying to eat!!!

You've done gone and ruined it for me!

And I do not have a proper emoji for it. Hrmph!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Funny thing is I didn't make that up, it's some 10 year old kid's actual drag name.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh my my my... it really is. Not that I didn't believe you, but I had to Google for myself. I'm not laughing now. No no no no no.

No!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

All I can do is tell my son, "He can be anything he wants to be..." 

Life in a liberal big city...

At least you were able to use the God given pronoun and tell your son that this MAN can be whatever HE wants to be.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I teach my kids to respect people, it tends to make most situations better. The bias on here is obvious insinuations about peadophilic behaviour. Id rather protect my kids from morons showing such prejudice than a drag queen.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I teach my kids to respect people, it tends to make most situations better. The bias on here is obvious insinuations about peadophilic behaviour. Id rather protect my kids from morons showing such prejudice than a drag queen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join