It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma I believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When I was younger I wasn't superstitious and didn't believe in Karma.
As I've gotten older, I truly truly believe. Sometimes it works fast.

Recently I went to help an elderly person. She is not someone that I like very much, but I know she needed help so I did it.
When I help, I don't ever expect anything in return. As I was helping this elderly lady, I was thinking about my parents that live
very far from me. They were getting a big snowstorm. I just hoped they would be ok too. I finished the work and went home.

The very next day I got a call from my mom that a mystery person had shoveled their driveway and sidewalk at 4 am. Karma, the Universe,
Cosmic coincidence? I don't know but that was fast!

I've had many many experiences like this. One time I didn't have a lot of money, but I gave the last $20 cash to some kids collecting for charity. That same day I won an office $20 lunch card at work! The same exact amount.

I've seen the reverse too, but someone negative things seem to work slower.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You got it. While its true opposites attract...it's also true no good deed goes un-noticed. Positives attract more positives, and negatives can attract more of the same.

I've believed 1,000% that karma comes back 10-fold. I think the thing is not to "expect" anything reciprocal...and certainly don't do things expecting anything in return!

Best, M.S.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

Karma is paid back in your next life so it’s something similar.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
When I was younger I wasn't superstitious and didn't believe in Karma.
As I've gotten older, I truly truly believe. Sometimes it works fast.

Recently I went to help an elderly person. She is not someone that I like very much, but I know she needed help so I did it.
When I help, I don't ever expect anything in return. As I was helping this elderly lady, I was thinking about my parents that live
very far from me. They were getting a big snowstorm. I just hoped they would be ok too. I finished the work and went home.

The very next day I got a call from my mom that a mystery person had shoveled their driveway and sidewalk at 4 am. Karma, the Universe,
Cosmic coincidence? I don't know but that was fast!

I've had many many experiences like this. One time I didn't have a lot of money, but I gave the last $20 cash to some kids collecting for charity. That same day I won an office $20 lunch card at work! The same exact amount.

I've seen the reverse too, but someone negative things seem to work slower.

No, that is coincidence, not karma. I've spent a large portion of my life helping people. For it, I live alone, suffering liver failure at an increasing rate, not dead yet, but inevitable.

Why? Because the pain of not being able to help as I once did, now turns inward, inverted. I can no more change the sky from grey to blue, than I can change a concern into a will. and I once did.

So I recline, now. away. Won't seek to help, heal, nor be an ear.

It's not karma... but it is fate. one implies returning good deeds.. the other is just the inevitability of our having been born.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So good things don’t happen to bad people and good people never suffer

Karma is a horrible belief, go see the amount of people suffering in India to see how anti social karma is
Hindus teach if a person is born with problems then they deserve those problems for being bad in a passed life, they should not be helped

If you love people, help people, you will mostly be loved back. If you are an old cat lady who does nothing and never leaves home, you will probably be eaten by cats
That’s common sense

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Synchronicity/fate and karma is connected. When you have karma debt fate will be cruel to pay back 1:1 of what you have done. When you do objective good for a long while things change.

I've spent a large portion of my life helping people.

Good job.

If you want to live a longer life you could play around with the placebo effect. I would recommend meditation to sound videos if you want to regenerate your body.

It is just a ride. A spirit having a experience of being human.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The rich also play around with the power pyramid in India that is an insane thing to do if you understand karma debt.

If a person believe in Karma and do not minimize suffering then I do not think the person know that the suffering of One is connected to the suffering of all.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Every action has its opposite.

Alot of the time it voluntary.

top topics

join