It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 2020 if you are Old, White and Male you need not apply

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: JAGStorm

I thinking judging people by their character and not the color of their skin or gender should be the primary heuristic for judging who should be a candidate.

That should be the heuristic of any judgement regarding other human beings. But for politics, looking a certain way has become more important than character.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I thinking judging people by their character and not the color of their skin or gender should be the primary heuristic for judging who should be a candidate.

I totally agree with this.
Unfortunately white men are being written off for being white and minorities are being pushed for being minorities.

Actual ability doesnt seem to matter today.
Truly sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I totally agree with this.
Unfortunately white men are being written off for being white and minorities are being pushed for being minorities.

Truly sad.

Which is why Corey Booker has an absolute zero percent chance of being elected president. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

and peeps be wondering why most things are run by white dudes?

here something that blew my mind a little:

and those same (evil) white people are the ones that passed the laws giving women the right to vote, and black people equal rights, and passed the social safety nets everyone loves, and legalized abortion and same sex marriage... all that done by the predominately (or in some cases completely) white, male congress and white male president.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That hasn't mattered for a WHILE.
Trump just wasn't Hillary
Obama just wasn't the warhawk gop candidate(romney,mccain)
Bush just wasn't a clinton clone(gore,kerry)

Does anyone want to argue that the last 3 were actually the BEST qualified for the position?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Bush won because of his name.
Obama won because of his color.
Trump won because of his celebrity.

Trump was the only one that ever actually accomplished anything and it wasnt in politics.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

As a regular white man aged between 18 to 45 who drinks milk from the carton, this kinda bothers me.

You vote for merit and policies-if a transgender black woman witch doctor with ties to a UFO cult dabbled in politics who cares a lot? You vote for who you think will put their nations citizens best interests at heart.

But when it comes to Star Wars versus Star Trek, that will be my deciding vote.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Pretty much sums up the Dems having falling into pure identity politics as their default ideology. The result of course is that they are alienating a sizeable portion of the population. And, I suspect, that portion of the population has near lost all respect for the Dems. Does that matter?

I don't know, but frankly, if I were a mover/shaker in a political party bent upon taking a leadership role in the US Government, I really wouldn't want to lose the respect of the portion of the population that actually fights the wars in defense of the US.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Guess old Bernie is out too then.

If he decides he's a woman.

He's back in.

Henceforth, Bernie will self-identify as Bernice and YOU better not use the wrong pronoun! As Bernice, he may beat the gals at their own game and win the "trophy" for him---I mean, her-self!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
they are ok with sanders but not biden?
lmfao.

the only dem with potential to do good seems to be tulsi, because cnnn already started slamming her.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: shooterbrody

Bush won because of his name.
Obama won because of his color.
Trump won because of his celebrity.

Trump was the only one that ever actually accomplished anything and it wasnt in politics.

Ok
Sure
Still not based on who was actually qualified for the job

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Will "Identity" politics require voter i.d. ? 😎

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Is this what our country has come to? If that isn't the most racist, sexist, age discrimination I've ever read I don't know what is.

Not the most racist if you ask me, or for that matter all the people who were not allowed to vote at all for the first century of the nation because of their race. That trumps this current trend.

And not the most sexist if you ask me, or for that matter all the people who were not allowed to vote at all for well over the first century of the nation because of their sex. That trumps this current trend as well.

As well read as you are this certainly must not have escaped you.

As to the ageist thing, well, I agree, and being an older white male I can understand this sentiment. There are both conservative and liberal people who recognize the ''machine'', those politicians who have been raised in and helped foster the rigidness and calcification of both parties. Those who ''are'' the machine of this crappy two party system. Suggesting that these ''older'' more established politicians who gained their positions three, four and five decades ago and hence holding the entire political system hostage to practices and mindsets established ages ago need to be set aside is a reasonable suggestion.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Not the most racist if you ask me, or for that matter all the people who were not allowed to vote at all for the first century of the nation because of their race. That trumps this current trend.

Two wrongs don't make a right. What is civil rights? = the rights of citizens to political /social freedom and equality.

I agree with you that the "machine" needs to be shaken up. I don't think you can do that by excluding an entire group of people.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Let's be honest... what does the modern Democratic party even offer if one is a straight white male? Not trolling here, just looking for any sort of answer or explanation... it seems like any straight white male these days who supports that party must have a touch of the masochism to continue to do so, seeing as how we've been tagged by that party as basically representing all things wrong with America.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Is this what our country has come to? If that isn't the most racist, sexist, age discrimination I've ever read I don't know what is.

And not the most sexist if you ask me, or for that matter all the people who were not allowed to vote at all for well over the first century of the nation because of their sex. That trumps this current trend as well.

Ironically enough, it was the Democratic Party who were out front leading the fight against minorities and women being allowed to vote in the eras you're talking about. It seems to be a trend that the party must, at all times, be denying rights and oppressing at least one wide swath of the country. Seems to be a systemic issue with them, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Let's be honest... what does the modern Democratic party even offer if one is a straight white male?

A lot of business if you are an abortion doctor??

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

They don't want them representing their party but they sure want their tax revenue. Any older white guy who supports the Dems is a complete idiot.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

They don't want them representing their party but they sure want their tax revenue. Any older white guy who supports the Dems is a complete idiot.

From what i've read even non white males are starting to feel the hate.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

how very ....normal....of you to say. It's amazing that we come this far to bypass the end goal, and forge ahead to regressing, just moving to the other side of the spectrum. that elusive middle ground was nice for the few seconds it was occupied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join