It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rama Musings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've been through Rendezvous with Rama, Rama II, The Gardens of Rama, and am now in Rama Revealed. It's a great commentary on human society and the issues we're facing. Mostly being human so far not that many alien encounters.
But it's great. Makes me think about how it would go down if we really would be watched and evaluated.
There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

And it made me think about the bible in a whole new way. I so want to get abducted. It happened before if we allow ourself to think of it as stories of real events in ancient language. If people get abducted by god it's only natural to think god is an alien. Not neccessarily extraterrestrial but strange and home in our consciousness. Will praying for it be enough? Or is there something that sets the ancient contactees and modern aductees apart? What is that, if it exists?

Or are they waiting for utter chaos and turmoil on Earth before they introduce themselves into our science/history?
After all we didn't do that bad, we haven't destroyed ourselves even though we have the capabilityto do so for roughly 60 years now. We struggle to build a better world then a few set backs and we work on better ways with new resolve.
But a real relict or artifacts that is beyond doubt not human technology would help a great deal.

There we're talking about humans being under observation since we obtain nuclear capabalities, I say if so we're watched since forever. There certainly is something that alienates us humans from all other species in our alleged home world at least partially. It could have been something small, a behaviour altering parasite not bigger than a few micrometre. Some of them could be artificial we have no way of knowing. The periodic table is valid for all matter. How would we know?

That's bothering me a great deal. We couldn't identify something as extraterrestrial unless it's not made of matter at all. The same goes for energy we couldn't identify unknown electromagnetic flow because we know it all.
The only time we could be certain we found something extraterrestrial is if we find obvious technology outside of Earth and even then thanks to all black project satellites we must have suspicions It's human secret technology.

So what's your solution? How could we ever know?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think it would pretty much be completely impossible to detect extraterrestrials observing us when they have technologies that are a million years more advanced than anything we could possibly imagine.

The predator movies come to mind with their light bending camouflage technologies.

With technology a million years more advance the extraterrestrials could probably anal probe us from outer space and we would not even know we were sampled!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Light can be used to store data too, but we can't run around and test every single photon if it's hiding something...

edit on 11-2-2019 by Peeple because: auto

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That might be true but they may not be so advanced as we imagine. We could have a break through and discover a new means of propulsion or some such and whiz around some planets just like they do.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That's also true. If we are the most advanced species we might be the first to evolve beyond fusion without destroying ourselves. Maybe both is wrong, maybe we are created to be more benevolent than we give ourselves credit for. Maybe we become the Ramans and by some weird hick up in ftl travel we come back to help ourselves evolve even faster?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why do you want to be abducted?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Because it would be absolutely the most interesting thing that could happen. Get shown all kinds of technological magic, talk to them, get to see where they're coming from, a ride in a ftl ship,... The biggest adventure I can imagine.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because it would be absolutely the most interesting thing that could happen. Get shown all kinds of technological magic, talk to them, get to see where they're coming from, a ride in a ftl ship,... The biggest adventure I can imagine.

You're assuming that the ET-as-advanced-species-from-another-world as true though. There isn't really any evidence for that at all, except for people's STORIES.

I take it that you believe that certain stories in the bible are really stories of ET abduction instead of contact with messengers from God. What stories in particular lead you to believe that?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Noah and Enoch.
I admit it's just me enjoying to imagine things. Allowing myself to dream and wonder.
But it's also true that to me the god interaction of the bible is indiscrimnable from alien interaction.
The problem is nobody knows what God is and where he lives, that's alien.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Noah and Enoch.
I admit it's just me enjoying to imagine things. Allowing myself to dream and wonder.
But it's also true that to me the god interaction of the bible is indiscrimnable from alien interaction.
The problem is nobody knows what God is and where he lives, that's alien.

Ah, well I can see the logic with the Noah and Enoch stories as possibly being ET.

I don't think that's the case, though. I went through a period of thinking maybe Jesus was an ET! It made sense. Hat was in my New Age phase, though, and I'm out of that, thankfully. After rejecting it in my thirties, I'm a Christian again and now find the bible fascinating.

If you're interested, check out Dr. Michael Heiser's podcast called "The Naked Bible" podcast. He is a Hebrew language scholar, and does some fascinating work on weird passages in the bible, particularly the Ild Testament, that are just plain weird. I actually came across him a few years ago while looking around youtube for different videos on ET. He has some great videos on that too, on YouTube.

top topics

join