It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why King James is wrong on the divine rights of kings and why Dominionism is evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You never quoted the verse where Jesus requires people to bend a knee to the king.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No I didn't, I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Specimen

Repeating myself because?
Jesus came to change individual hearts
Didn’t come to change those who don’t want to be changed, it is an offer not a demand
I don’t know why that’s hard to understand

Judeo christianity or simply Christianitynwas never against Rome, the Jews were against the Roman occupation of Israel.
You seem confused, there were many Roman Christians who were never Jews

I really don’t think you understand christianity

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" -Luke 19:27

It a well known fact according to Christians that Jesus wasn't a comedian, and he ain't going to be kill them softly ether.

Yea they got killed to I bet.

And I am confused by alot of things really, especially for such a dark, mysterious chapter in human history.

And no, I don't claim or try to be a Christian ether.
edit on 12-2-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

TextRegardless of the 13th Amendment, what seems more true in your heart. A God who wants us to be His subjects. Or, a God who loves us unconditionally just the way we are, wants nothing from us, and is more interested in simply sharing His abundance? Even further it seems to me an omnipotent God of unconditional love would be more interested in sharing His overflowing abundance with us than any other consideration. Gods sharing His abundance is an expression of God's infinite greatness.

Therein lies a lot of your lack of understanding. Your mixing apples with oranges and can't make it understandable. There is no such thing as unconditional love from God and as far as I have ever read from any human. Love is a two way street and has always had conditions. As one commits sin there is no love from God while the sin is being committed. It is only after the sin has been committed that love can enter the act of forgiveness with the condition that there is remorse of that sin from the sinner. God has always had conditions to be met and is not total love such as is being taught today. If God were totally love then Hell would not be present.

You made the remark that -- "God who loves us unconditionally just the way we are, wants nothing from us, and is more interested in simply sharing His abundance" -- That is not true at all. God allows us to sin by our choice and not through His choice. He does not love us the way we are if we are sinners but only through the condition that we overcome sin will He then forgive. There are always conditions to be met by us for our salvation.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Incredible, you have no idea what you are reading or saying
I have no doubt you don’t even know what a parable is

Anyway, yes, there will be a time of judgement
That is what the whole bible is about
Jesus returning as king.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It something like a paragraph isn't it?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

His book had less to do with inspired Bible that bears his name. His private interpretation of some of its verses is what the book is about and I don't believe it. Like I have said, the men who were led of God to give us the inspired word of God in English were not perfect just willing to be used of God so God could keep his word to preserve his words to every generation forever.

edit on 2/12/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join