It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows Richest 0.00025% Owns More Wealth Than Bottom 150 Million Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

When you have that level of wealth, you don't politic, you own the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So 400 people are filthy stinking rich. Cool, I'm pleased for them. I would like a butt load of money too! Can't get angry with someone for having something that you'd want. That's hypocrisy.

As for the taxes, this year was the best I've had in several years. Im feeling this presidency, and it's a good feeling.

Leave the racist, covetous, victimhood-minded Democrats behind.

Trump 2020!

There's nothing 'hypocritical' about looking at societal structures and questioning a system built to protect (and run by) a very small wealthy fraction that have been constantly rewarded for a complete lack of morals and greed.

Ugh, as if there aren't already enough responses in this thread that sound like they are PSAs written by the corporate elite that don't want anyone dreaming of upsetting the setup.
Deny ignorance y'all.

Provide some clear and concise examples of the "system" and lack of morals and greed.

Did George Lucas who is worth $3 billion show lack of morals and greed when he created Star Wars? How did Howard Schultz show lack of morals and greed when he bought a single failing coffee shop and grew it into Starbucks? How did JK Rowling, author of Harry Potter who is also a billionaire shows lack of morals and greed?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

These examples you provided are anecdotal cherrypicking because... agenda. That does nothing as a comment on the structure at large.

The way that lobbyist/congress/senator monetary relationships function is a comment on the not-at-all-secret structure at large and an irrefutable bloody trail of the corrupt power of the corporatocracy. The fact that the average house member has to raise a colossal amount through corporate "contributions", and senators raise exponentially more is beyond telling.

What's even worse is that the real money isn't for staying in office. It's that the corporations dangle lobbying positions out in front of those in government that they will be rewarded with after they leave office. It is the single most popular career choice for retiring members of Congress. On average a congressman gets a 1,452 percent bump in pay when moving to a lobbyist position. The power of money, the power of the corporatocracy. Do you think that with promises and money like that there is no loyalty to the corporate masters? Who is writing the laws? It isn't the people. We pay them nothing compared to the corporations. Follow the money. Always.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

When you have that level of wealth, you don't politic, you own the government.

Please explain... How do 400 people collectively own the govt. With current viewpoints

So Bezos can walk in and say i want this done in the Senate...and it's done... Wow

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yup trickle down really works....

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

They own both parties, all the media and the education system. That’s why most of you guys are to dumb to figure out what’s really going on.

And the majority of them lean left.

Thanks for making it easier to show how dangerous progressive leftism is.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Yup trickle down really works....

Income is up for most Americans.

I guess Obama did that?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

It is hypocritical to blast someone for having something one too desires. Also, these rich elites aren't necessarily any more immoral than anyone else. Some of the super rich do a whole lot more good with their money than most people would, and they don't broadcast it. Some of the super rich are stingy A-holes. Rich people are like anyone else except they have money.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure what the point is? The bottom 150 million pay zero in taxes, many get free medical care and all kinds of government goodies like subsidized housing and food stamps.

The top 1% pay 30% of all Federal, State and Local taxes.

If that's not progressive, I don't know what is.

edit on 2/11/2019 by Blaine91555 because: bad math

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And yet more wealth is being created all the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I actually made a picture to visually demonstrate this difference a few years back: American Wealth Inequality Represented Graphically (155,000,000 vs 400). Obviously my interpretation of this chart has shifted a bit over the years but fundamentally I still believe it cannot be solved by wealth redistribution, using force to take money from people who have earned that money within the law isn't a solution. Using inflation like a hidden tax also isn't a solution because everyone loses at the end of the day if wages don't rise enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

One name - Rothschild.

That family owns roughly .5% of the American wealth.

If you're still curious, do some research into what they own.

SPOILER ALERT!

It's pretty much everything.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Well....; there is only a limited number of dollars in circulation at one time.

If the tiny few have the vast bulk of them then it stands to reason that there will be next to none for the mass of 'others' who have to share that tiny bit of money with literately millions of other people.

If so few have so much then of course there has to be so little for so many.

Its just mathematical

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Your right. Take away wealth, and you take away the American Dream.
a reply to: TexasTruth

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

They own both parties, all the media and the education system. That’s why most of you guys are to dumb to figure out what’s really going on.

And the majority of them lean left.

Thanks for making it easier to show how dangerous progressive leftism is.

Thanks for showing how out of touch right wingers are from reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

One name - Rothschild.

That family owns roughly .5% of the American wealth.

If you're still curious, do some research into what they own.

SPOILER ALERT!

It's pretty much everything.

The Rothschild family are one of many families that control wealth and power and have done since before recorded history

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

BOOM!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
All the same standard bull# responses from everyone on both sides

I wish you guys actually get a clue and discuss real topics like why is the Federsl Reserve going to create a bunch of inflation and put more people in poverty by proxy?

90% of the post in this thread are completely worthless

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
All the same standard bull# responses from everyone on both sides

I wish you guys actually get a clue and discuss real topics like why is the Federsl Reserve going to create a bunch of inflation and put more people in poverty by proxy?

90% of the post in this thread are completely worthless

Actually that's their fault for working minimum wage, if you don't have a high paying job look to your own faults ,educate yourself and do better, oh and while your at it beat the # out of girls because they groped you...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join