It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows Richest 0.00025% Owns More Wealth Than Bottom 150 Million Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That's triple the level it was back in the 80s.

According to Zucman’s research, the richest 0.00025 percent—just 400 Americans—have seen their share of America’s national wealth triple since the 1980s, while the wealth of much of the U.S. population has stagnated or declined.

As the Washington Post‘s Christopher Ingraham noted in a breakdown of Zucman’s research, adults in the bottom 60 percent of the wealth distribution “saw their share of the nation’s wealth fall from 5.7 percent in 1987 to 2.1 percent in 2014.”

Source

Of course there's the fact the wealthy pay more taxes I guess? Or did we see a $1.5 trillion cut geared towards the richest 1% last year? It's any wonder where those additional financial benefits from the cut went?

Consolidation of wealth at the very top, Ingraham observes, “is eroding security from families in the lower and middle classes, who rely on their small stores of wealth to finance their retirement and to smooth over economic shocks like the loss of a job. And it’s consolidating power in the hands of the nation’s billionaires, who are increasingly using their riches to purchase political influence.”

Meanwhile average tax returns for the lesser classes are down 8.4% this year. Looks like the scraps are getting smaller. Reports are also in that the benefits of Trump's massive tax cuts are minimal at best. Fun times.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
who cares

the rich are lost when it comes to self servival

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Study Shows Richest 0.00025% Owns More Wealth Than Bottom 150 Million Americans

Ok.
And your point is ?
Jealousy ?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Careless Cannibals at the top.
Careless Cannibals at the bottom.

Both dragging humanity down.

As for me, I will meet you in the
middle of the crossroad.
On a moonless night.
I will be the shadow behind you.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yes but the rich need that money, not only that they deserve it, who the hell do you think you are pointing this is out... Damn hippie liberal antagonist.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Id like to know how many are politicians. And/or which party they give their money to.

I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

They own both parties, all the media and the education system. That’s why most of you guys are to dumb to figure out what’s really going on.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yea and both parties are responsible for this.... it certainly didn't triple in the last 2 years.

this is a systemic problem that stems from people being brainwashed into think their side is better rather than learn about the candidates, vote for someone you believe in and hold them accountable when they refuse to do what was promised.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I love the tax return jab at the end......down 8.4%

When in truth...
From a USA today article....

"a smaller refund doesn't mean you're paying more in total in taxes. In many cases, much of your tax savings showed up in each paycheck, which could result in a smaller refund."

Maybe people shouldn't use the goverment as their savings account and start using the extra money per paycheck to get ahead.
But no, they will blame somebody else for all their problems.

Trump 2020!

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
eat the rich

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Ah the wonders of selfish materialism.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That study is a LIE.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Household Assets/Unfunded liabilities.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Imagine jeff bozos makes 1% a month on his 150billion(i know thats not in cash....just postulating). Thats 300 million a month just in interest. It becomes self perpetuating at that point.

30 million a day

Over a million an hour.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I love the tax return jab at the end......down 8.4%

When in truth...
From a USA today article....

"a smaller refund doesn't mean you're paying more in total in taxes. In many cases, much of your tax savings showed up in each paycheck, which could result in a smaller refund."

Maybe people shouldn't use the goverment as their savings account and start using the extra money per paycheck to get ahead.
But no, they will blame somebody else for all their problems.

Trump 2020!

They just completely ignore facts. I had less money taken out each check and I still got more refund than previously. Family of 4, middle class.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I still believe the old adage..You could redistribute the wealth equally among everyone and in 10-15 years that same 1% would have all the money again. I'd rather have a system where occasionally you can climbed up out of the pile and succeed, than one that lets no one escape mid tier. You have to have that motivation that potential to achieve more or everybody would just get bogged down with hopelessness. Yes I know some already feel that way,but not all.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Ah the wonders of selfish materialism.

There's nothing stopping you from becoming an everyday millionaire. Except maybe work ethic and money management.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The problem is Bezos had to sell some of his shares to fund his space ventures.

He's what they call cash poor.

The majority of his wealth like Buffet,Gates,Zuckerberg, The Google twins is tied up is cyber space.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I would love to see Zuckerbergs w2....

Bet that would be comical

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And?

Worry about whats in your pockets and you wont have to worry about what in theirs.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When you have Bezos worth 131 billion and a flood of illegals and generational welfare then of course it’s going to be a startling percentage.
I would rather have a shot at being Bezos than to see him robbed by the government and his wealth handed over to leaches.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join