It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coroner on scene at fire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

“(My neighbour) came down, said his house was on fire and his best friend was still in there,” Gannon said. “He ran over and I phoned the fire trucks.”

Her neighbor attempted to go back into the residence, Gannon said.

“I ran over there as fast as I could, I’ve got a bum knee, I heard the other dog whining at the window trying to get out. So I opened the front door of the living room and I called him and he wouldn’t come out. Then (the man) who lives there tried to go in there and get him and got blown back by the heat,” Gannon said.

Coroner on scene at fire.

This was my neighbor's house and at 3:00am I was woken up to see a massive flame coming from both sides of the house, totally engulphed. I took some video. So far we know one person and one dog didn't make it as they were seen being pulled out by witnesses this morning. It was a close call for the neighborhood as had it not been -15 with snow on the roofs during our hot dry summers we could have been all affected. Sad that my neighbor and his dog died, will leave some flowers there when I get a chance.

Here are some videos:

Before the Fire department arrived, fully engulphed.

Under control before I finally went back to bed.

The aftermath this morning:

Very scary to have happened and see that from your backyard. Felt so powerless not being able to do anything, I ran over to the front but there was no going in there, I did at least alert my elderly neighbors adacent to the house to wake up and be prepared in case it jumped.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

R.I.P to the poor person and dog.

Horrible way to go.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

R.I.P to the poor person and dog.

Horrible way to go.

Yeah, they seemed like good people. Beer drinking, weed smoking Canadians. It's possible arson too, waiting on more info to confirm.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So tragic that your neighbor and one of the dogs didn't make it.

I once witnessed a next door neighbor's house being on fire, but luckily she and her tenants and all their pets got out safely.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
So tragic that your neighbor and one of the dogs didn't make it.

I once witnessed a next door neighbor's house being on fire, but luckily she and her tenants and all their pets got out safely.

It's very sad, and I didn't get alerted until it was too late, the fire had already engulphed the entire house no rescuing but I would have if I could have. Thankfully someone woke us up just in case it jumped. Glad your neighbor was safe, I'm going to have to leave some flowers when I get back there from work.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Congrats on the scoop.. I guess

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

This was years ago and during the daytime when everyone was awake.
I think it is a nice gesture to leave flowers in honor of your neighbor and the dog. It could have been even worse if that fire leapt to other homes.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Congrats on the scoop.. I guess

I appreciate a daily dose of reality, it keeps me on my toes.

RIP Man and Doggo

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

This was years ago and during the daytime when everyone was awake.
I think it is a nice gesture to leave flowers in honor of your neighbor and the dog. It could have been even worse if that fire leapt to other homes.

They officially announced one person dead on the scene, but no mention of the Dog and also say the fire is suspicious and have a crime alert and community contact for the police. I'm suspecting the x-girlfriend but we'll have to wait for future announcements when they find the suspect.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Welcome to my daily world as a Responder. We get called for a response, or a rescue, or worse...a recovery. We can just feel so helpless when all you can do is watch.

This tragedy stress the need for a family escape plan. Make one. Go over them often with your family. Practice. Use smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.

In the end...stuff is just stuff. People...and beloved pets... cant be replaced. Sorry for your neighbor and pet.

EMT/ER Team
A.D. Life Support

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Welcome to my daily world as a Responder. We get called for a response, or a rescue, or worse...a recovery. We can just feel so helpless when all you can do is watch.

This tragedy stress the need for a family escape plan. Make one. Go over them often with your family. Practice. Use smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.

In the end...stuff is just stuff. People...and beloved pets... cant be replaced. Sorry for your neighbor and pet.

EMT/ER Team
A.D. Life Support

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If someone started that fire deliberately, that is...I have no words.

top topics

join