It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alliance of American Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It did not totally suck. I was surprised.
There is already talk of people complaining about continuing the violent tradition of the nfl.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

I never heard of this league until your post.
There is a game on right now on CBS, I just turned it on.
I am a big football fan, I used to love to watch the old USFL games back in the 80s.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

yea let me know what you think later.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
XFL, UFL,Arena football, USFL, XFL again,

... pretty sure the NFL isn't going anywhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

yea let me know what you think later.

It looks decent so far.
I saw a play getting reviewed and they had the replay official on a live mic as he was watching, which was pretty cool.
But he got the call wrong!.....the ball obviously hit the ground on the catch and he said the play stands as a catch! Lol
So they need to work a few bugs out lol
Mike Singletary is the coach of the Memphis team, so they might have a little credibility as far as former NFL coaches and players.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
XFL, UFL,Arena football, USFL, XFL again,

... pretty sure the NFL isn't going anywhere.

IMO they are at their lowest point after the drama last year.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

yesterday they reviewed a catch for touchdown and got it right. The way they are set up ..getting calls correct will be their only way to grow the sport. imo

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
American football is DEAD.

Used to love the sport myself, but the past two seasons...DEAD. Never again.

In the past 10 years the team loyalty is zero. It's all about money. There is no team synergy anymore.

I'm done.

I was in Peru last week and watched some "Futbol'" (aka...soccer). These guys are actors too, but at least they played in the pouring monsoon rain, and it's a more athletic sport.

NFL...sorry, but SEE YA...BAYBEE!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Steve Spurrier is coaching the Orlando Apollo’s.
I like the idea of trying to shorten the run time of the games. A lot of ideas that may be good...
- No TV timeouts for commercial breaks.
- No kickoffs after a score.
- Only 2 point conversions after a touchdown, no boring point after kicks.

I plan to watch next weekend.
ETA:
Another good thing.... Outside groups to be in charge of head injury protocol.

edit on b000000282019-02-10T19:09:40-06:0007America/ChicagoSun, 10 Feb 2019 19:09:40 -0600700000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I could get behind this as long as Vegas does. Nothing makes the sport more enjoyable than having some money on it.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I saw a game on TV yesterday. Wasn't too bad, quarter backs weren't great, but I watched it out of curiosity. The players seem slightly slower but I'll watch it again.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This and the XFL 2.0 have about three seasons each before they fold.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I notice that Colin Kaepernick couldn't even get a QB job with this minor league... speaks volumes about how ridiculously self serving the calls for him to be in the NFL are.

I watched highlights of this new league, it's not bad, surprisingly. As long as they don't try to present themselves as the NFL killer, they may do pretty well. Their biggest accomplishment may well end up being on the video game side of the field. Since EA has totally monopolized the NFL's video game licensing, we've been stuck with Madden and nothing else where football video games are concerned. 2K Sports is likely watching this new league closely and, if the league is financially sound and followed at the end of their first season, I'd not be surprised to see a 2K AAF game appear for their second season. 2K NFL was arguably a better product than Madden over a decade ago when EA started hearing 2K's breath over their shoulders and bought the sole rights to the NFL to stop their competitor from overtaking them. If 2K can put out an innovative AAF game, gamers will buy it and ultimately follow the league, especially if 2K integrates some manner of weekly updated "fantasy" aspects of the game through the season. EA has dabbled in that, but ultimately they ended up focusing more on the MUT concept than the live, active season fantasy football tie-ins.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Another good thing.... Outside groups to be in charge of head injury protocol.

They better get their legal hits figured out, or this is going to be a major issue for the league in this day and age.

That would get flagged in college or the NFL for crowning.

top topics

join