It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Spiritualism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The information presented was taken from a site whose otherwise content was not related to this discussion. As a result rather than post a link the content is being presented.

The core of Modern Spiritualism is based on the understanding that the universe is neither a static or created environment, but is itself both evolving and constantly changing. It is the fundamental belief of Modern Spiritualism that the purpose of the universe is to foster the evolution of spirit, through the mechanism of the evolution of life in all its forms throughout the universe.

This fundamental belief forms the basis for the three principles which are the foundation of Modern Spiritualism:

All things are but forms of energy and all energy is constantly changing form. Spirit is a form of energy that is evolving as a consequence of the evolution of life and the mind. Your spirit is part of the larger pool of all spirits of all living things

The purpose of life is the development of spirit, both your own spirit and the spirit of all other living things.

All life, spirit and energy are intertwined

There are countless paths through life, you are responsible for choosing your own path by the decisions you make and accepting the consequences of your decisions. Happiness and spiritual growth are achieved when you walk your intended path, unhappiness and spiritual stagnation results when you stray from this path or let others define your path for you. Your spirit is constantly growing throughout your lifetime and will continue to evolve through many lifetimes.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Life exists as a vehicle for the evolution of spirit. To understand this belief you must first understand the ladder of evolution as defined by Modern Spiritualism:

Energy -> Inorganic Matter -> Organic Matter -> Life -> Mind -> Spirit

All matter, from the food we eat, to the ground we walk on and the air we breathe, was originally created when the forces of gravity and nuclear fusion in the stellar furnaces of stars and supernova fused the elements of hydrogen and helium into complex and heavier elements. These heavier elements of silicon, carbon, iron and so forth are what make up the earth today.

Our planet was formed by the same forces of stellar evolution that formed our sun. Originally lifeless, the complex inorganic elements the earth was formed from combined to create organic compounds and molecules over a period of billions of years. These organic molecules were the precursors of life, and eventually combined to form the simple, single cell creatures, that through the process of organic evolution, created the myriad of life that exists today.

As the web of life increased, so did the complexity of the life forms. As life evolved so did the development of the brain and the mind. With the evolution of more complex animals such as mammals, the brain also evolved to support the more complex needs of these animals, particularly primates, who were themselves evolving to survive in a rapidly changing environment.

As the brain evolved and its capacity increased, so did the complexity of the social structure of the primates, ultimately leading with the evolution of Homo sapiens, to the world as we know it today.

Spirit is an outgrowth of mental evolution. As the life has evolved and expanded through the ages, so has the spirit - the spiritual and immortal part of man and of all living things. Your spirit (or soul) is a part of the continuum of life of your species, in our case humans. It is both you and a part of a larger community that represents all humans.

Each new life is an incarnation of that spirit - while the body is mortal, the spirit is not, and your spirit grows and matures through the experience you gain and decisions you make in your lives.

Your reason for existence is to advance the evolution of your spirit. The decisions you make and the actions you take in this life, for good or ill, will shape and grow your spirit.

Your soul (or spirit) is the part of you that represents your spiritual nature. It is what guides you through life, the little voice or the gut instinct on what direction you should take or decision you should make. When your mind and body are in harmony with your spirit you will know it by the feeling of happiness and contentment that you have, because you will be walking the path that is right for you. Likewise, when you are ill, unhappy and discontented, it is time to reflect on whether you are really listening to your soul and conscience (the linkage of your soul and mind).

Everyone's path in life is different. When we allow ourselves to be led on a path defined by others (our parents, peers, church or society) instead of our intended path, we will be unhappy and stressed. Look inside yourself to discover if you are on the right path - not to what others are telling you.

Any Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know where you got this from or who wrote it, but I feel alot of the same as whoever wrote this. I have always felt this way too, as far back in time as I can remember. And I'm pretty sure I've expressed it in several of my posts here at ATS.

This though, is way better organized then my own beliefs about spirit/soul, paths/fate and such..so It was very rewarding to me personally to read this..it helped put certain things I've felt into their right place, so to speak.

There are some things that I wouldn't completely agree/feel the same about. I think that we are suppose to walk down certain paths in life that do not seem necessary or meant to be, but we have to feel that path of darkness and or pain in order to gain the next higher path. I believe that some people have a stronger spirit because of these *off paths*...or perhaps the irony of it is, they have the stronger spirit therefore are forced into this path through pre-destination, *because* they CAN endure it better then someone with less strength inside. But these are the spirits that endure so that others can learn and gain their spiritual strength through the stronger, more traveled spirit..

I also believe that certain spirits/souls complement one another greatly, or balance together well..thus another spirit/soul can lead us down a path we may have never taken without them guiding us. That path could lead us astray or it could lead us to completion. I just think some spirits work better alone and some work better with help or with another/others. And also depending on the time in our life, this could also come into affect..whereas our spirit calls out to another, even though we've walked a great distance alone and remained content-in the past..

Something else I feel is that we could be seemingly walking/living a path of right or good as far as our spirit is concerned, and unknowingly or even intentionally decide to take a U-turn or different path all together..however, I do feel that in the long run, or at the end-whether it be this lifetime or another, we end up where we should be. Even though we may have taken many detours along the way. We all eventually find our own ending. Let's just hope that it's not right where we started from initially...

I have a million more thoughts on your post. But it would take up way more space then ATS has to offer...
I'm glad you found this and shared it though..and I'm almost afraid to know where you got it from.

Mag

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here is the rest of the article when I find links that have content related to sales pertaining to the site, that is the type of content I feel is unrelated.

All life is connected on a spiritual level; the higher the level of intelligence, the closer the bond that exists. The best way to picture this is to view the spirit of all life as an ocean. There may be many levels to the ocean with drastically different life forms in each level but all the levels makeup a single whole. What effects one level of the ocean can impact all levels.

This is the primary reason that you should always be respectful of all life, not just human life. One needs only to have a close relationship with a pet to know that they are self aware and intelligent. The only spiritual difference between a man and a dog, cat or any other animal is one of degree. As spirit is an outgrowth of mental evolution, the development of an animals spirit is related to its mental development and capacity. The spirit of lower animals may not be as advanced as mans - it does not mean that it is not there.

While indiscriminate killing is harmful to a person's soul, it does not mean that death to sustain life is wrong. Death is as much a part of the natural cycle of life as birth is. The lion is not going to lay down with the lamb just because of our belief that they both have a soul - the lion if given a chance is going to eat the lamb (or more appropriately the antelope), because that is the lion's purpose in life, in the ecology in which it normally exists, and that is what its instincts will drive it to do. Both the spirits of the lion and the lamb (or antelope) will grow during their lives, however long or short that may be.

Problems occur when man distorts the ecological balance in such a way that it is harmful to himself, the ecology and other species that inhibit it. The mass clean cutting of forest in order to develop grazing land for cattle, which ultimately denudes the land and drives out other species is a perfect (and unfortunately common in some areas) example of this. We should always strive to live in balance with nature and all of the other species, plant and animal, within it, recognizing that we are all interdependent upon each other for survival as well as spiritual growth.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Even though you may view yourself as a single distinct entity, you are really multifaceted. Of the three things that comprise you - your body, your mind and your spirit - your body and mind are what we usually consider to constitute a person; however your spirit is the true core of your being. It is the seed that you start with at the beginning of your life and the legacy that you leave it with.

It is a fallacy to consider your body, mind and spirit as distinct aspects of yourself. The melding together of all these aspects in the body of your person forms the living representation of you. When one of your aspects is sick or neglected, it is detrimental to your other aspects. You can no more develop your spirit by neglecting your body and mind than you can develop your mind by neglecting your body and spirit.

Likewise, when you want to walk your path through life with awareness and with the intent of growing your spirit, you must do so with the understanding that you cannot do so isolation. Only by working simultaneously to balance and develop all of your aspects and working to promote the growth and development of the spiritual energy that surrounds you, can you hope to achieve your maximum potential in this lifetime.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Toltec and magestica

I haven't developed in this area much. I have only opened to it recently.

In layman's terms I consider spiritualism in relation to where dead entities go, and spirituality in terms of what people do with themselves while they are on this mortal coil.

In that second regard, looking at this quote from the source:

"Everyone's path in life is different. When we allow ourselves to be led on a path defined by others (our parents, peers, church or society) instead of our intended path, we will be unhappy and stressed. Look inside yourself to discover if you are on the right path - not to what others are telling you."

I have to differ. God-fearing Christians that I know, that follow the path they are put on from birth, that amass houses, cars, boats, golf club memberships, children, widescreen plasma TVs and all mod cons: these people tend to act as if they are very happy and "blessed", unstressed, and don't know any other path.

Is that a sign that they are on the right path, or something else?

* I edited to avoid doubling up on my spiritualities *

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The Three Elements of the Beginning: that which is here. That which is there. And that which is neither here nor there --- but which must exist for here and there to exist.

The Triune Reality of G-d:
G-d the Father is knowing
G-d the Son is experiencing
G-d the Holy Spirit is being

Adding the three parts produces this relationship:
That which gives rise to/That which is risen/That which is.
This is G-d's signature; it is the devine pattern.

Religionists have described this Triune Truth as:
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

Psychiatrists use these terms: superconscious, conscious, and subconscious.

Spiritualists use: mind, body, and soul/spirit.

Scientist use: energy, matter, and ether.

Philosophers say a thing is not true for you until it is true in thought, word, and deed.

When discussing Time, we use: past, present, and future.

There are three moments in your perception: before, now, and after.

In terms of spatial relationships, we recognize: here, there, and the space inbetween.

In matters of gross relationships, we recognize no 'in-between.' That is because gross relationships are always dyads, whereas relationships of the Higher Realm are invariably triads. Hence, there is left-right, up-down, big-small, fast-slow, hot-cold, and the greatest dyad ever created: male-female. There are no in-betweens in these dyads. A thing is either one thing or the other, or some greater or lesser version in relationship to one of these polarities.

Every soul is a Master -- though some do not remember their origins or their heritages. Yet each creates the situation and the circumstance for its own highest purpose and its own quickest remembering -- in each moment called now. Hence it is said:
"Envy not success, nor pity failure, for you know not what is success or failure in the soul's reckoning....You came into this life with nothing to learn --- you have only to demonstrate what you already know. In the demonstration of it will you function it out, and create yourself anew, through your experience. Thus do you justify life, and give it purpose. Thus do you render it holy."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seekerof: Excellent post

This is one of the best threads I've seen. Funny, I don't feel a need to add to this since there is so much to soak up already. Perhaps encouragement and acknowledgement is enough

In Him,

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I haven't read it thouroughly yet because it's alot to absorb and right now my head hurts-but I will and most definately comment on it later

Masked~If a person or people feel they are on the right path, then maybe they are? I don't think status has anything to do with paths of fate or whatever..people can be very wealthy and yet feel they are lacking spiritually or vice verse and people can be poverty stricken yet feel as though they are abound with great spiritual knowing..so I really just think you should look at it as more of a seperate, yet connected part of all of us. And that makes sense to me only probably, but I can't find the right words to explain it better then that at this moment *head hurts*..I'll definately return to this thread later and post more about how I feel if you care to read-or not

Magestica

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have not felt Magestica's tongue in my ear before.

I agree, it is possible for materially rich people to be spiritually poor, and for materially poor people to be spiritually rich.

The kind of people I allude to are materially rich and believe they are spiritually rich, and yet they have no knowledge of the world outside the immediate concerns of their family, their business and their possessions. I find it increasingly difficult to converse with them.

I would be interested in your more complete thoughts on spirituality, of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Spiritualism is evident in all religions and with respect to Christianity it is best expressed as the idea of God being within each of us.

While more emphasis is made with respect to this particular belief of God as an external being, one cannot not help but note that the issue of God within
is not ignored.

All life, spirit and energy are intertwined

In Spiritualism what is relevant is what you are and why you are. While who you are is important, the point is developing yourself spiritually has an effect upon that.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying as I myself have spoken to people that seem so detatched from their spirit, whether they are rich or poor or somewhere inbetween, I've seen it in all types of people. But I don't find it difficult to converse with them, I find that they are always intrigued by my beliefs and are atleast pretending to hear me out, if I decide to share something out of this world with them. Some people just need to be reminded that life isn't about only the things we can see and touch and buy and spend...

Believe me MA, I've been laughed at, argued with, ignored and flat out told to shut up, but I forget those negative things when there is atleast one person willing to listen with interest and when you can see it in their eyes without a word spoken..

I believe the things I believe and feel so intune with my spirit/soul because of the things I've seen through spiritual eyes...and I believe every living creature on this planet has that ability, so that's why I am the way that I am about spiritual knowing. And if my status should ever change, then I wouldn't foresee me getting lost within just the worldly things again.
Mag

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That is truly amazing, the second part was definately needed to bring together the well written first part. I feel that it could be endless, when you are talking about the spirit/soul..there is so much to it, like stated in the article, it's intertwined and almost neverending, and always moving, even while we sleep, or even in death. That's what is so incredible about spirit/soul, it lives even in death, even in trees and the tiniest of creatures.

And yes our mind and bodies are just as important in maintaining the spirit and keeping it well balanced. I find that if I'm off balance though, it's hard to decide where the imbalance is coming from, so I have to concentrate through each part of myself to find the "problem" and fix it..moslty it's my mind that does this then puts the toll on my body then I have to rely on my spirit to balance me out..weird how that works, and so fascinating...this article has really helped me Toltec, alot of stress is around me right now and I find myself weakening all the time, because my focus becomes more so on the *stress* ...that's all I can really say...
Thank you very much for posting this...very wise person, whoever wrote that article.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Where did you findthat article about what the core of Modern Spiritualism is based on? tia

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have explained that already EW I am not presenting it because it is related to a commercial interests (as in do you want a psychic reading). What was relevant to me was the information which was not copyrighted and available freely, as well that it defined spiritualism from
a perspective which suited our needs.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Toltec

It is indeed interesting information.

I'm not sure if energy-wave meant to sign off that last post with 'ta' for thank you or 'tia' for Total Information Awareness (or Terrorist Information Awareness).

God is certainly in each of us more than he is a kindly white haired bearded man sitting in the clouds, sometimes smiling at people and occasionally striking someone down with a bolt of lightning.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Certainly. Especially when you can read an articles sucj as the one above, and feel not only agreeance, but a sort of recognition for what is being said. As if you had come to the same conclusion already, nut never put it into words.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You see, I'm a Spiritualist. More of a free thinker actually.
Very open minded.

Tia = Thought I'd ask

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Inner Travel

Let, let your imagination dream.
Let your imagination fly.
Remember a beautiful place in Nature,
a natural Temple made of trees, orchids,
flying birds, in the sunrise.
Let the voice speak into you.
Let the voice of the drum speak into your soul.
Let the song call the Universe into you.

Let the Live Universe sing into you.
The magic of the mountain speak in you.
Let the magic of the stars speak into you.
Let the wind speak into you,
the wind intelligence blowing into your soul.
Call the wind, the wind, the light journeying intelligence.
Let the indian speak into your past,
into you.
Let the planet speak into you,
the live intelligence of the planet speak into you.
Let the communion of voices be one with you,
in communion with the friendly
Nature Intelligences.
You are calling the Universe,
you are calling the immense intelligence of the Universe,
calling, listening,
calling the live Truth,
calling the Power,
calling the Great Spirit.
You call the stars, you call the Stellar Intelligences,
the Stellar Intelligences sharing knowledge.
You call the Sun.
You call the friendship of the Sun,
the Archangel standing up in the Sun,
the irradiating Intelligence of the Sun.
You call the lake, you call the lake,
asking the lake to call the moon,
calling the shining reflex of the moon on the water,
and the Moon shines in the sky and upon the lake,
the Lunar Intelligence flowing upon the lake.
You call the mermaid, the Dame of the Lake,
the Intelligence dressed of water and dream,
calling the live, true lake.
You call the dance,
calling the Intelligence which dance
the dance of the Fire,
the dance of the wolves and of the birds,
dancing the sacred dance
of the Fire and of the Stars.
Calling, calling the mysterious truth of the rocks
and the truth of the wind,
breathing, breathing the enchantment.
You call the truth of the forest,
calling the Live Intelligence of the forest.
Calling the flowers and the rain.
Calling the Intelligences.
Calling the Secret of the land,
the Intelligence who became earth
so the plants could prosper.
Calling the secret of the ferns,
the Green Intelligence.
You listen into you to the shaman
calling the Goddess,
listening to the song
to the Goddess' song

top topics