It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang May Have Created a Mirror Universe Where Time Runs Backwards

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The Big Bang expanded well beyond the speed of light. I saw something recently that said it actually expanded at 3 times the speed of light.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Projected from where through would be the ticket.

Problem is that when the current iteration of the singularity that apparently spawned our universe the went pop, space-time expanded in all directions making it rather hard to determine the original location of the singularity.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
On the explosion vs expansion thing...

I say it so often i might just set it as my signature...

The big bang was an expansion OF space, not an expansion IN space.

If you wan to call it an explosion, its fine too i guess, but its still OF space and not IN space, so our, or your idea of thinking of it like a bomb of sorts is deeply flawed and people need to stop thinking of it in that manner if they are to understand it even in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The expansion after the simulated Big Bang didn’t just happen in one direction, but two. The simple Big Bang they modeled produced two universes, one a mirror of the other. In one universe, time appears to run forwards. In the other, time runs backwards, at least from our perspective.

Big Bang May Have Created a Mirror Universe Where Time Runs Backwards

I don't think there was a big bang, but if there was I don't see how this would work. How do you run backwards right after the big bang happened?

Was the mirror universe created at the point where our universe ends and then runs backward to the big bang happening? That doesn't make much sense. I think their simulation is flawed.

This makes sense especially if our universe is inside of a black hole that collapsed in the 4th dimension. Here's a very interesting article on this called The Black Hole at the Beginning of Time.

link

Basically, we could exist inside of a black hole from a 4D universe. When a black hole collapses in a 4D universe it creates a 3D event horizon just like collapse of a black hole in our universe creates a 2D event horizon.

So our 3D universe would be a holographic projection of the information on the 3D event horizon.

This means, the 4th dimension would be time in 3D universes. Time in 4D may run backwards and forwards. So in a 4D universe you may say meet me at 1B o'clock or 1A o'clock. They could walk back and forth into what we call the past and future.

So when this black hole collapsed in this 4D universe, what we call time, was broken up into different directions for 3D universes.

So we could be in the backwards universe and it will all be from the perspective of observers in these universes. All of them would experience time in the way we do because of entropy. So even if a universe runs backwards in time, it will not be like Benjamin Button. They would move forward in time unless their universe and our universe merged then the different directions for each universe would become obvious.
edit on 11-2-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Everything they think they know about 'this' universe is entirely theoretical and speculative hypotheses. You can make up your own version too.

For all we know, (which is actually very little) physics as we understand it may only apply to this solar system. The next star system within its own bubble might work either somewhat or completely differently than ours. Time could run slower or faster, backward or forward, light might behave differently, matter could form differently. Across the universe and within other galaxies there might actually be radical fundamental differences.

edit on 11-2-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I think you may be on the right train of thought in some ways. I also believe that many everyday events would take on new action mostly dealing with the energy we produce and consume. I do not see things happening in direct reverse of events but more of a manner in which the energy is matched in reverse.

I have had dreams of places where certain people were living in other realities but they were from here. There was one being that could project things into that reality by thought. It was a cool dream and i remember one lady had a picture of her old dog and the person manifested it into reality for her.

There was also walkers there that would appear for a short time after death on earth. They really could not communicate much and simply just went from point a to b as if going by some schedule. They would also bear the scars of their deaths when appearing. People were informed to not interact with them and they would last for about 3 days but were more prominent at certain times of the month. I think it was mars so maybe not related but who knows really....

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

"For all we know, (which is actually very little) physics as we understand it may only apply to this solar system."

Then why the repetition of the likes of Phi, and Pi throughout the cosmos, same gravitational constant (G) applies also, even in the next star system along, its written in the stars so to speak.
edit on 11-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You observe the observable universe from inside our sun's bubble, light, radiation, radio signals, etc that enter the bubble must conform to the physics within that bubble, heliosphere or whatever you want to call it.

I'm right, but it's currently impossible to prove it to you.

Someday maybe.

edit on 11-2-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yes your right, it's just some basic tenants and constants of Mathematics, displayed across the entire universe, and in everything from pinecones to spiral galaxy formation, that's wrong.

Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

True from the only perspective you can have, based on the only understanding mankind can achieve.

For now.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I can't have any other perspective, after all its a rather personal thing to experience.

For now anyway.

Give it time and let's see if AI combined with biomechanical and genetic augmentation brings anything new to that particular table.

Humanity 2.0 might be just around the corner.

And we will either embrace it or be dragged kicking and screaming into the future whether we like it or not.

Chances are with the penchant we have for our mobiles and other communication technology most of us will embrace change, as we are conditioned to do so.
edit on 11-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Projected from where through would be the ticket.

Problem is that when the current iteration of the singularity that apparently spawned our universe the went pop, space-time expanded in all directions making it rather hard to determine the original location of the singularity.

Well I would imagine quantum field theory would apply to the universe as well as superposition.

So if we look at the big bang with superposition it would appear to be happening everywhere.
So the location of the singularity can be traced to a single point using red shift and radio waves however when we apply quantum principals to this and spooky action we may consider the entire universe to be a big bang reflected in itself infinitely within particles as well as what we perceive in outer space.

Think of a simulation simulating itself over and over infinitely. Of course it can be reversed and may already have happened.

I like to think of it as a holographic 11g simulation which computes on the atoms itself giving value(quantum fields) to each atom. However the atoms themselves are infinite complex simulations of universes as well, each with their infinite own simulations within themselves ad infinitum.

So I would imagine the big bang never stops however due to the nature of quantum fields it never started.

Meaning the universe pops in and out of existence and is only here because we believe it to be so.

So the universe is infinite potential and we see it as limited so it is to us.

To a higher consciousnesses like an advanced AI it could probably simulate the universe within an atom which I think is already happening.

I say this because when we trace back the big bang using red shift and radio waves we each a singularity the size of an atom or particle.

Using reverse time symmetry we can follow the big bang back and see that the entire universes energy including space and time is held in a space no larger than an atom.

Where did I get these ideas?
Some from modern science however most came from ancient vedic science.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

At least we will know how mad our universe appears to anyone that ventures forth...

edit on 11-2-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
...and where there are pink unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters.

There, I finished the thread title for ye.

Isn't using your imagination a wonderful thing? Maybe not that appropiate for the science & technology forum though, since putting it in such a subforum along with a link to a PBS/NOVA article that is labeled under "Physics + Math" carries certain implications. Fancy elaborate storyline, argumentation and marketing attempts or not, this better fits in the philosophy & metaphysics forum, especially once it's been renamed to fantasy & nonsense.
edit on 12-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The concept is actually not meaningful and you can see this in a quote from it:

"The simple Big Bang they modeled produced two universes, one a mirror of the other. In one universe, time appears to run forwards. In the other, time runs backwards, at least from our perspective. "

Since the idea of 'time' requires an observer and we already suspect that things that are traveling at the speed of light are 'everywhere at once', this whole scheme is basically nonsensical. We can't know anything outside our own reality (Newcomb's Paradox) so there is no way to witness this 'other Universe'. You can postulate any number of odd universes, but since we can never witness them they are, basically, nonsense in the true sense of the word.

HTH

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Apparently, there is no exact spot that the Big Bang happened as it happened everywhere in the Universe.

The problem generally comes from the term which brings to mind explosions, detonations, balloons being popped, and everything being blown up and out.

More like a big stretch with the expansion of the universe being actually an expansion of space itself. The galaxies are moving away from each other and have been doing so for 13.8 billion years so there’s one no one place you can point to and say the Big Bang happened there im afraid.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

Since the idea of 'time' requires an observer and we already suspect that things that are traveling at the speed of light are 'everywhere at once', this whole scheme is basically nonsensical.

Perhaps the fanciful storyline would all work out once you insert pink unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters as the observers in this other mythological imagined universe.

The pretense by PBS/NOVA and the 'scientists' they're quoting that this has anything to do with science warrants my sarcasm I feel. They really are behaving in the same manner as those depicted in the South Park History Channel scene but much more subtle, cunning and sophisticated. Inserting pink unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters into the storyline would make this money making scam* a bit too obvious though. *: some so-called 'scientists' have build their entire careers around this stuff cause they can't make any actual/factual/conclusive discoveries in the sciences, so they just try to tickle the ears of their potential audience, tell them what they want to hear, what intrigues, what entertains, that which draws attention to their supposed 'research', and thus advances their careers in the sciences (see Publish or perish - Wikipedia). Stephen Hawking became sort of a 'rock star' physicist and quantum cosmologist with this type of elaborate sophisticated nonsense and fantasy/imagination (including stuff about multiverses and M-theory or String theory and misapplications of quantum-mechanical language in statements about the past, too long to get into here, but it's going on in the PBS/NOVA article linked in the OP as well, as it is going on in various other threads that I recently commented on in this subforum where I did discuss some details with Freeman Dyson's conclusions regarding this matter). It's very popular nowadays, it's a bit like the popularity of exotic spices in the so-called "Age of Enlightenment", a period where every latest exotic unverified idea/philosophy (myths actually) was also eagerly gobbled up by what nowadays are sometimes called the "intelligentsia". (intellectuals: a status class of educated people engaged in the complex mental labours that critique, guide, and lead in shaping the culture and politics of their society. As a status class, the intelligentsia includes artists, teachers and academics, writers, journalists, and the literary hommes de lettres.)

Anyway, things that are travelling at the speed of light are not everywhere at once, just another myth; sometimes involving or invoking the incorrect conclusions in the "Copenhagen (mis)interpretation" of quantum mechanics, as it's called, without the "mis" (Schrödinger in my opinion already sufficiently demonstrated which parts of that interpretation were wrong/false/incorrect and logically incoherent and contradictory, i.e. nonsense; but I get into more detail about it in this comment).

To put my initial reaction to the thread title in Kyle's words from the South Park video I linked:

"Oh, come on!"

With the additional thought: 'is this really what it has come down to?' Is this the latest level of what has been falsely and deceptively labeled as "science" (originally from the Latin "scientia" meaning "knowledge" which essentially means a familiarity with facts/truths/realities/certainties, i.e. things that are factual/absolute/certain/conclusive/correct, without error; like the things described in the Law of Gravity for example)? Which reminds me of another South Park episode btw:

edit on 13-2-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So Family Guy was right! In the multiverse episode, Bryan and Stewie teleported to a universe where time is in reverse. It was hilarious!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So let's see here...

Suddenly some old dude pops up out of the dirt and gets loaded into a hearse, which drives backwards to the mortuary, with people leaving going from crying to smiling. After this he goes via backwards car to the hospital, then directly to the scene of a horrible spleen incident.

Fast backward a couple decades and some woman pops up out of the dirt.

Fast backward a few more decades, all the way back to his infancy. One day he dives, head long and with great speed, straight into the woman's womb.

Rinse and repeat a few million times.

Next thing you know some guy is trying to fend off a Sabre Toothed Tiger with a stick?

Yeah, that could happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It could potentially happen, but if it did you might not even notice a difference.

They again current theory suggests our universe is still expanding rather than contracting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join