It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The likelihood that RBG is alive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Considering all that she has been through, her age, recent past injuries, cancer, surgeries and treatments if she is still alive it would be miraculous to say the least, truly remarkable and nearly unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

My mother is an NP in the cardiovascular unit. She isn't convinced lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

And thus the latest push for abortion laws.
She may be alive, but is clearly on her deathbed.

S&F

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Say hi to your awesome mom for me. Just to clarify; she isn't convinced RBG is alive or she thinks RBG is coherent and capable of her duties?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Something tells me the conservative leaning SCOTUS Justices would be flagging something up if she was really dead, even if on back channels / via leaks.

They must know. They would recognize an imposter, they've been at it their whole lives.

ETA - There's a word or phrase she uses which is unique to her; something they detest. I'm pretty sure they would know if her opinions were not her's.
edit on 2/10/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
On the one hand we say the SCOTUS is politically motivated (i.e. conservative vs. liberal). It follows, the Justices should be in the same frame of mind.

So, on the other hand, wouldn't it make sense that some slight of hand, some prestidigitation or black magic, would be quickly picked up on by the "other" side????

Perhaps I'm just naive, but there's still some heavy hitter's on the Court, not the least of which is Kavanaugh (who endured more libel than any other person in the history of the USA (save Trump) by the liberal left)).

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Tinfoil hats material, what if the liberal left democrats are confident for whatever reason, real or imagined, that president Trump and possibly VP Pence will somehow be removed from office before the 2020 election?

If so, concealing RBG's real status/condition makes more sense. They holdout until they get the pick.

Elizabeth Warren said recently: Trump 'may not even be a free person' by 2020

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Only 1/1024th of Elizabeth Warren's statements matter!

She could say 1,000 things and less than one of them matter! Period.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Say hi to your awesome mom for me. Just to clarify; she isn't convinced RBG is alive or she thinks RBG is coherent and capable of her duties?

That shes alive.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I think the odds are better that the left will assassinate Trump and Pence than anything Mueller will find, just because if Mueller had anything, it would have leaked already.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

That shes alive.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Something tells me the conservative leaning SCOTUS Justices would be flagging something up if she was really dead, even if on back channels / via leaks.

They must know. They would recognize an imposter, they've been at it their whole lives.

ETA - There's a word or phrase she uses which is unique to her; something they detest. I'm pretty sure they would know if her opinions were not her's.

What if they are not calling out RBG's absence and age because of potential future retaliation against them- precedent and all that jazz? In the past have Supreme Court Justices questioned the competency of the other justices? I do not know, it is a real question and not snarky to you at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Lol. Just why.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Until that story, I was certain she was alive. But now I'm pretty sure we've got a "weekend at Ruthies" sequel to its bernies namesake. The fact that they would publish an article like that was all I needed to see to know that she's dead, or at least close enough to it that they've given up on her. Now they're trying to buy time. For what, I'm not sure. If it were august I'd say they were trying to get to the end of the year to attempt to force republicans to adhere to the biden rule. I just don't think even they believe they could pull this off for 11 months.

I love the fact that "no pictures were allowed" yet no one thought to take one in the lobby or outside the venue? There are no street camera's? There wasn't some millennial feminist filming herself on her phone and accidentally got ruthy in the background? Not to mention that there definitely were tons of photos being taken at the beginning of the video.

Then there's the fact that no one talked to her. What? No one? No journalist went up to her and wished her a speedy recovery, for which she thanked them? RIIIIIIGHHT. And no family members or friends conversed with her about the show? Even afterwards? She went to a show about her and said nothing... They think we're stupid.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I really don't care if she is dead or alive. What bothers me is this vote from home business. How do we know some aide isn't writing her opinions? If she does vote from home, there should be proof. If she doesn't that's fine. One less progressive vote.

There's just too much chance for forgery if this vote from home is allowed. Anyone could be writing the opinions.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well if she did die they would do everything they could to keep it under wraps till Trump out of Whitehouse because no way in he'll would they want him to put 3 supreme court justices in place in just his first four years. They would have her votes phoned in and they would likely hire an actor to make appearances as her.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was thinking her death will be announced this week or next week or two. This friday is the deadline for the democrats to propose a spending bill that funds the wall. Trump is expected to sign an E.O. declaring a state of emergency if they do not fund the wall...this may be a big enough deal to let the corpse out of the bag.
February 28th is a much anticipated meeting between Trump and NK Kim Jong Un. If conspiracy theories are correct, this is a big deal and is a legitimate step towards peace and re-unification. It could be a very historic event, and again, may be just enough to let the corpse out of the bag as a distraction and to change the narrative.

edit on 2/10/2019 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
RBG has been walking 1 mile a day and seeing a personal trainer twice a week.
Her son said this after the concert RBGs daughter in law put on the day before the state of the union.

I'm sure if they interviewed the personal trainer or took photos outside of her home on the next nice day all of your worries will be put to rest.

Jeez.....
Lol

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: watchitburn
I think we'll just have to wait and see.

How long are we expected to wait? A year or so? What if in two months there is still no proof of life. There must be some rules about judges not being able to do their job. How long is she allowed to miss work before she is required to be replaced? This is just very strange.

The Rats are feverishly using all available committees to try to drum up some impeachment charges against Trump...In my view, they will use these charges to convince the public Trump is not honorable enough to pick another Supreme Court Justice...They need to get that done before the general public figures out RBG is on ice somewhere...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

yeah in the past some have been legit insane (one got released from an institution,then retook the bench) and another sky high on painkillers, i cant find the article now but it came out after the fact that two of a former justices law clerks had been making rulings jointly for one supreme court justice but cant remember the name ,edit found it

supreme.findlaw.com...

David Atkinson, a professor of political science, has undertaken one of the few studies of the way justices exit from the Court. In his 1999 book Leaving The Bench: Supreme Court Justices At The End, professor Atkinson reviewed departures from the Supreme Court from its inception to the last person to leave: Justice Blackmun, who departed the Court in 1994. Atkinson found that "n recent years the justices have delegated more and more of their work to their law clerks. This increase in the use of staff affects, of course, all of the justices, not merely those who are infirm or who have diminished capabilities." Accordingly, he found that illness or incapacitation does not lessen productivity by the justices' offices — though it may, of course, affect the quality of decisionmaking. Apparently so long as the paper keeps flowing, other justices do not complain. To the contrary, they will even hold decisions over from term to term, if necessary, to accommodate one of their brethren who is ailing. of it for years, or even at death's door, yet outside the confines of the Court, this fact would never be known (or if known, would never be reported). No one outside the Court, and his family, knows the duration or extent of Rehnquist Placidyl-related problems.

and

Problems Are Often Hidden Justices' mental problems are all too easily hidden. While on the bench, Justice Frank Murphy, who served from 1940-49, had a serious drug problem (Demerol addiction), and was seeing a psychoanalyst. One biographer reports that at one point, he was illegally purchasing drugs twice a day. Law clerks, and other justices, were deciding his votes. No one outside the Court knew.

but it also brings up a possible solution

There is, however, a partial solution. If the Congress flexed a little muscle, it could no doubt get the Supreme Court to voluntarily provide all justices' health information on a regular basis to a select joint committee of the House and Senate. Such an informal check on the Court could give the public some assurances that law clerks are not running an incapacitated justice's office. Moreover, editorials urging that a particular Justice should resign might have some persuasive effect — for the justice would know from them that his or her remaining on the Court would tarnish its image. Meanwhile, it is up to the media. If they watched the Court half as closely as they are watching California Congressman Condit, we would know far more than we needed to know about the health of the Justices. John Dean, a FindLaw columnist, is a former Counsel to the President of the United States.

but i dont see the house dem's agreeing to any of this and it could then turn into a slippery slope of each side coming up with excuses to get rid of justices they don't like for political reasons , and i cant remember another situation where proof of life was requested

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join