It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Vampire Sightings, Anyone Have Personal Experiences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I know vampire sightings are not an unusual topic, but I am solely interested in ones that have taken place in New Orleans. I find the subject to be very interesting, because NOLA is full of strange activity and has such a rich history of vampire lore.

It gets exhausting combing through google and websites looking for experiences people have had in the Big Easy concerning vampires, so I’ve been wanting to make a topic on it for the longest and felt ATS was the perfect place because I’ve read some amazing first hand accounts on here (on a variety of subjects) and I’m sure there’s at least a couple of NOLA vampire stories waiting to be told that haven’t been shared yet. Or maybe they have and I haven’t heard of them.

So, do any of you have any experiences in New Orleans that you feel or suspect are vampire related? Do you have any stories from friends or relatives on the subject, or even just stories you’ve read online or something?

Please share!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: glassdarkly

Vampires are fictitious monsters that are the things of fiction booksa and movies.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There is a "Vampire" Sub Culture in New Orleans.

I've spent five years conducting ethnographic studies of the real vampires living in New Orleans and Buffalo. They are not easy to find, but when you do track them down, they can be quite friendly.

This is more true for some than others though. I found the vampires of Buffalo to be keen to keep up to date with the global community, while those in New Orleans were often more interested in the activities of their local vampire houses (an affiliated group of vampires usually led by a vampire elder who helps his or her house members to acclimate to their vampiric nature).

www.businessinsider.com...

There is even a Non profit vampire foundation.www.neworleansvampireassociation.org...

edit on 10-2-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add another link

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Those are idiots who buy fake fangs and play dress up.

To the OP

I've been living in New Orleans for years and have not seen nor heard of any vampires. Though I wouldn't be surprised of a correlation between people abusing drugs and alcohol and "vampire" sightings.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

To the OP

I've been living in New Orleans for years and have not seen nor heard of any vampires. Though I wouldn't be surprised of a correlation between people abusing drugs and alcohol and "vampire" sightings.

Wow, living in New Orleans must be quite interesting. I’ve only been once so far but I loved it. Though maybe it’s different living there year round.
thanks for your response!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's definitely a fun town. There's always some kind of festival or convention going on. And all the food is amazing. But all the hokey stuff is just that in my opinion.

Maybe once long ago, but if there was any voodoo like stuff going on it's moved out into the swamps. New Orleans has now long been commercialized.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I personally wonder how much Anne Rice novels have to do with this, if anything. But that would be my first guess in terms of piqued interest becoming a fad.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's always fun to have a private party with your slightly weird friends and make believe you are some Ominous being or monster type.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

To the OP

I know what they are. I was just letting the OP know. It is a real thing. Some people crave blood. So they say. As they say don't shoot the messenger. I saw something on the History channel about it a year or two ago. There are groups of people who, drink willing peoples blood. Its gross.

I don't remember all of the details, as I am sure it was on in the background.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I would venture to say that any "rich history of vampire lore" has a lot to do with the fiction of Anne Rice.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Maybe once long ago, but if there was any voodoo like stuff going on it's moved out into the swamps. New Orleans has now long been commercialized.

Certainly on Bourbon St. But there's an undercurrent of Voodoo and Santeria and such beyond the tourist trade.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You should look into the Count of St. Germain's appearance in New Orleans. According to "stories" he was seen there on a few occasions and was accused of being a Vampire (undead type, not the popular blah blah drinky blood type) because of him not aging.

The other thing you should do if you really want to research this, is go find more contemporary examples of what a Vampire is, and stay away from the nonsense of pop-culture vampires. It's interesting what our ancestors thought a Vampire was compared to today.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

I was thinking the same thing. Then it got reinforced by that Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals which also takes place in New Orleans. Stories of witches in New Orleans goes back centuries.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I was drunk in the quarter once and went home with a beautiful woman and woke with a hideous creature.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Certainly on Bourbon St. But there's an undercurrent of Voodoo and Santeria and such beyond the tourist trade.

No, there's not.
There's dope and gangbangers and hookers.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah, there's also people who think they're jedis.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Vampires hang around at the labs in the hospitals around here, they will drain you if you have good insurance.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Vampires are fictitious monsters that are the things of fiction booksa and movies.

You ever here of "The Vampire of Sacramento"?

Look him up real person/Vampire, hence the name.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

No, there's not.
There's dope and gangbangers and hookers.
My "certainly on Bourbon St." references your comment " New Orleans has now long been commercialized."
But I maintain that there remains "...an undercurrent of Voodoo and Santeria and such beyond the tourist trade."
Which doesn't have a lot to do with vampires in our good ol' European sense, but simply adds to the vibe.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Real person doesn't mean real vampire. There are no real people who died and came back to life and live exclusivly on blood and are able to either kill or transfer the condition to their chosen victims.
Only crazy people who think they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join