It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numinous Adjective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Numinous

Adjective

having a strong religious or spiritual quality; indicating or suggesting the presence of a divinity

The Idea of the Holy a book published by the German religious historian Rudolf Otto in 1917. Sensed by humans in different ways -sometimes it inspired wild bacchanalian excitement, sometimes a deep calm; sometimes people felt dread, awe, and humility in the presence of the mysterious force inherent in every aspect of life.

What does Numinous mean to you. Does it mean anything at all?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Another Silver Bullet in my verbal library of words meant to illuminate and add a ponderous degree of sophistication inherently displaying superior form. ie. ... mouthboogie....

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It needs something more, so I would expand and hyphenate it to become illuminous-numinous - make of it what you will.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Honestly, it does resemble Luminous. Which I believe would describe a certain awareness not commonly found. An insight that escapes the ordinary man. A degree of Divinity as you put it.

Curious... why do you ask? An epiphany perhaps ?

a reply to: DpatC

Again.... curious the similarity in your avatar name? anything to it ? Deepak Chopra
edit on 10-2-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Honestly, it does resemble Luminous. Which I believe would describe a certain awareness not commonly found. An insight that escapes the ordinary man. A degree of Divinity as you put it.

Again.... curious the similarity in your avatar name? anything to it ? Deepak Chopra

An epiphany perhaps, more an Imitation of Life

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-2-2019 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC

originally posted by: Plotus

An epiphany perhaps, more an Imitation of Life

www.youtube.com...

It never really was. Nothing at all.

new topics

top topics

join