It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For a hate crime to occur you need a human victim?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Bloodworth

Christianity takes a lot of criticism, Islam you cannot criticize.
And the famous saying , you want to know who is in control, it's the group you cannot criticize .

If that's the case, you should take a good hard look at Israel. Even the President handily insults and criticizes Muslims, but he won't dare criticize Israel.

And yet ... here you are doing it and such criticism is widespread in both Congress and various governments and NGO throughout the world and the BDM movement has gained quite a bit of traction, and no serious backlash has yet erupted. Certainly, I haven't yet heard that you've been charged with any real hate crime.

So, let's revisit our premise, shall we?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hate crimes shouldn't even exist.

Doesn't matter the 'victim'.

Current laws already punish the offender.

Really doesn't need making an already crime, 'Illegaller'.

Prisons are 90% filled with 2 races, white not being 1 of them..

95% of hate crimes are when a white person does something.

Hate crimes work to add an extra charge to white people ,creating longer prison sentences.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: InhaleExhale
My ancestors didn't marry children...
or their cousins.
They were pagans.
They worshipped women and children.

Trying to justify this by citing life expectancy at the time doesn't justify having sex with someone who isn't physically developed enough to have a child. The founders of Islam were aware of this when they decided to make women and children perpetual victims of the most violent religion ever.

I wasn't trying to play a game of who is better and no where did I try justifying anything.

Good try if you are attempting too or sorry if you are just that easy and ignorant

I am glad you are easily triggered as the other poster was that had to say what they did because a poster gave their opinion about the catholic church.

I had a better opinion of you and your posts in that past, thanks for clearing things up for me.

The thread is about a Christian church having its cross pushed over,

it amazes me when an on topic post giving their opinion has to be met with hate of another religion that has nothing to with this thread.

More than a billion dead because the expansion of Islam.

your point is?

This is the appropriate response from the west.

To what, a cross being pushed over in a Christian church?

I have no clue what you a saying or trying to, it stinks of hate, ignorance and division of humanity.

I need to go wash myself for even replying.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If leaving bacon on the handles of mosques is classified as a hate crime, then would vandalizing the religious iconography of a church be a hate crime. It seems pretty clear. Both are acts targeted at shaming the adherents of those faiths and showing your disdain/hatred for them.

Or ...

We could ramp it down and call them pranks, but when you talk about pushing over the iconography, you are still talking about potential vandalism. I'm not sure leaving bacon on the door handle rises that far since it doesn't have the potential to cause lasting damage to property in the same way.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

I didn't mention Islam at all... But if you want to bring that up we certainly could, in another thread. I thought this was a thread about a crime committed in a catholic church. I'm sure you can find many other threads to contribute your thoughts about Islam's sexual predation on children.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTearsIf a noose is hung its a Hate Crime! So there doesn't need to be a victim.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And yet ... here you are doing it

If you think that was criticism, then you just proved my point.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Criticism? No just showing you that for something that you seem to think people are afraid to do for fear of repercussions, you don't have any trouble doing it.

Or have you been posting from prison while serving your sentence for speaking ill of Israel and/or Jews all this time, and we just never knew it? Why do I have a hard time believing you to be that circumspect?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you don't have any trouble doing it.

I'm not criticizing Israel, so your point is moot.

However,
It’s Now Illegal To Criticize Israel In South Carolina newspunch.com...

The new bill effectively deems any criticism of Israel as “anti-Semitic” and illegal.

U.S. Lawmakers Seek to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel
Glenn Greenwald, Ryan Grim
theintercept.com...

The criminalization of political speech and activism against Israel has become one of the gravest threats to free speech in the West.
theintercept.com...

In France, activists have been arrested and prosecuted for wearing T-shirts advocating a boycott of Israel. The U.K. has enacted a series of measures designed to outlaw such activism. In the U.S., governors compete with one another over who can implement the most extreme regulations to bar businesses from participating in any boycotts aimed even at Israeli settlements, which the world regards as illegal. On U.S. campuses, punishment of pro-Palestinian students for expressing criticisms of Israel is so commonplace that the Center for Constitutional Rights refers to it as “the Palestine Exception” to free speech.

Anti-Semitism law stops valid criticism of Israel www.thenational.ae...

So again, if this applies,

..the famous saying , you want to know who is in control, it's the group you cannot criticize .

Then, we should be looking at Israel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join