It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For a hate crime to occur you need a human victim?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
longisland.news12.com...

This lady walks into a church, pushes a statue of jesus over.

Hate crime or not?

I say yes......

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Oh really? Maybe she should say for it to be a hate crime when its against Christians there needs to be a human victim.
Otherwise simple vandalism counts.

Man accused of vandalizing mosque is charged with hate crime

Washington Times

We would have no standards without double standards.

edit on 2 10 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a hate crime in general as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Oh really? Maybe she should say for it to be a hate crime when its against Christians there needs to be a human victim.
Otherwise simple vandalism counts.

Man accused of vandalizing mosque is charged with hate crime

Washington Times

We would have no standards without double standards.

That is what I was thinking, she made a bold statement that can easily be checked. And it seems hate crimes are hard to come by when it's the catholic church being attacked.

This just goes along with current attack.

Christianity takes a lot of criticism, Islam you cannot criticize.
And the famous saying , you want to know who is in control, it's the group you cannot criticize .

In NYC, the hate crime charges are blatantly double standarded.

Junkies and muggers will target anyone of color who look like they have money and are weak.

8 years ago when the Muslim population was at its highest in the city. Their community did not like the mugging and attacks from junkies.

They made the police add a hate crime to any Muslim mugged or attacked even if the junkie had no idea of faith.

Word quickly spread around the junkie community to watch out mugging muslims because you wont get a regular misdemeanor assault charge, the police will also add a hate crime.

This almost ended muslims being target by muggers.

This is how they showed their true power when they arrived.
Now muggers and junkies specifically avoid muslims and go back to targeting everyone else where a hate crime will never be added.

They walk around like they are more powerful then other groups.

See what we can do, muggers dont mess with our people or stores.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
crazy thing when you think about it but its those love crimes that are the crazy ones

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

They walk around like they are more powerful then other groups. See what we can do, muggers dont mess with our people or stores

And this is exactly what they want, to be special, to be apart from the society they've chosen to live in, to be superior. Forget white supremacy people should take a long hard look at Islamic supremacy and due to the brainwashing of the last decade or so, we are allowing it.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Christianity takes a lot of criticism, Islam you cannot criticize.
And the famous saying , you want to know who is in control, it's the group you cannot criticize .

If that's the case, you should take a good hard look at Israel. Even the President handily insults and criticizes Muslims, but he won't dare criticize Israel.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
crazy thing when you think about it but its those love crimes that are the crazy ones

Hate Crimes. Love Crimes.

This thread is Binary Crime propaganda!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hate crimes shouldn't even exist.

Doesn't matter the 'victim'.

Current laws already punish the offender.

Really doesn't need making an already crime, 'Illegaller'.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

That is what I was thinking, she made a bold statement that can easily be checked. And it seems hate crimes are hard to come by when it's the catholic church being attacked.

And yet the catholic institution performs hate crimes (historically) and harbors disgusting sexual predators.

Sorry, I don't see how ANYONE can defend the catholic church in any way at all. It's too powerful an organization and too corrupt.

As for the OP: there doesn't have to be a human victim to pursue hate crime charges.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

They say there is a thin line between love and hate, so for those love/hate crimes both people would be victims in my opinion.

So, no, the hater victim does not necessarily need to seek out a recipient of said hate because it can be internalized in solitude. But then, if more convincing is needed, then, yes, go forth and seek out a victim to justify that warped train of thought/emotion.

www.psychologistworld.com...
edit on 02CST09America/Chicago05190928 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hate crime is a softer description of terrorism to be honest as most “hate crimes” fall under intimidation of specific targets based on prejudice. Such as a noose or burning cross or other effigies of intimidation.

A personal favorite example was a load of manure was dumped outside a local county’s Democrat Campaign Office which was described by media as ranging from criminal vandalism up to domestic terrorism depending on the reporting. Hate Crime would be the soft spot between a minor fine and federal imprisonment, if the culprit could be found and motives were fully explained. Was it just a joke or revenge from being purged from voter rolls for example.

The danger of course is when minor civil rights violations occur, because political choice and free association is a civil right and most liberal pundits and office holders are currently guilty of hate crimes against Trump and other Republicans. Slippery Slope for using “Hate Crime” as sledgehammer enforcement arm of Politial Correctness.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

And yet the catholic institution performs hate crimes (historically) and harbors disgusting sexual predators.

Sorry, I don't see how ANYONE can defend the catholic church in any way at all. It's too powerful an organization and too corrupt.

As for the OP: there doesn't have to be a human victim to pursue hate crime charges.

Muhammed had a child bride named Aisha therefore the most prominent figure was a sexual predator. Does that make it acceptable to attack Muslims? In your own words, how can you defend a sexual predator or anyone who listens to the teachings of a sexual predator?

Should you be held accountable for all of the actions by others? This is not a defense of the Catholic church (nice broadstroke btw as Catholics are the only Christians
). It's requiring all people to be held to the same standard. If you want to judge others based on the actions of still other people, then it's only fair that all of the atrocities committed throughout history be laid at your feet. I imagine you don't like that idea and will either become aggressive and attack or filled with shame and run away.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If I break your stuff, it's a crime.

If I break your stuff and you have hurt feels afterwards, it's a hate crime.

/thread

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I break your stuff and you have hurt feels afterwards, it's a hate crime

If that's the case both D's and R's should be locked up.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Muhammed had a child bride named Aisha therefore the most prominent figure was a sexual predator.

That's funny.

I didn't know it was against social norms of the day to do such, actually I thought it was quite normal no matter what religious belief or culture you came from seeing as life expectancy was much less than it is today.

a 1000 years ago even your ancestors like anyone else's were probably marrying children.

I guess all of humanity are sexual predators.

In your own words, how can you defend a sexual predator or anyone who listens to the teachings of a sexual predator?

seeing as everyone was in those days why don't you answer.

What a weak argument that shows ignorance of past cultures compared to today's cultures

+ can you actually quote where the poster was defending anyone?

It's requiring all people to be held to the same standard. If you want to judge others based on the actions of still other people, then it's only fair that all of the atrocities committed throughout history be laid at your feet.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
My ancestors didn't marry children...
or their cousins.
They were pagans.
They worshipped women and children.

Trying to justify this by citing life expectancy at the time doesn't justify having sex with someone who isn't physically developed enough to have a child. The founders of Islam were aware of this when they decided to make women and children perpetual victims of the most violent religion ever.

More than a billion dead because the expansion of Islam. This is the appropriate response from the west.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The notion of a hate crime is weird. A crime is a crime no matter the emotional state of the accused.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Putting bacon on a mosque door handle or putting pork products in the halal meat section are NOT ‘hate crimes’.

Regardless what any lib thinks.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The catholic church must be making a charge against her for a fallen cross. The church should be more concerned with the fallen priests.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join