It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inkjet 3D printed solar cells/panels They are here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The video does not explain the panels efficiency only the technique. The video does say one panel could supply the energy needs of an office work station.. Pretty darn neat and we can only hope the prices will continue to fall. 1.3 meter solar panel is $57 USD youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Those are perovskite solar cells. They are imho the future of photovoltaics. They are much cheaper to produce and thus more environmentally friendly. In the lab they are achieving over 20% efficiency. The only issue is long term stability. Moisture, heat, uv can cause degradation.
edit on 10-2-2019 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Those are perovskite solar cells. They are imho the future of photovoltaics. They are much cheaper to produce and thus more environmentally friendly. In the lab they are achieving over 20% efficiency. The only issue is long term stability. Moisture, heat, uv can cause degradation.

UV degrades everything to include me...

Wonder how long they would last as I know next to nothing about solar cells except plug it in and if the sun is shinning you can charge or power a device.. I would like to have a plug in solar cell bank so that when the electricity goes out (monthly occurrence) I could at least have a fan that would work..

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I love this tech.

I have a small fold up solar panel that keeps my phone and kindle charged during my week long deep wilderness trips.

If I could power my desk top at home with it I would.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wake me up when I can 3d print a compact fusion nuclear reactor.

Or 3d print a steak.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
S&F, closer every day to independence. Now if we could only print the batteries for energy storage.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Cool now we only have to wait for refillable card ridges to reduce the price even more..

I don't know really, could it actually work I mean it will probably only work to revive old panels and one needs technical skills to connect them all properly to the converter?

join