It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Jayapal: Reparations Should Be Paid to Families Separated at the Border

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) said on Friday that the United States government should pay reparations to families that were separated after they entered the United States legally or illegally and faced immigration proceedings.

Jayapal appeared on MSNBC to talk about her interaction with Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker during a House Judiciary hearing on Friday, where she asked him about family separations.

...and told him "we need to make reparations." Then she took to Twitter to post the MSNBC interview and reiterate that we need to "make reparations."

article

Tweet

Do we make reparations to people who're separated from their kids while in jail awaiting a trial--even when they're found innocent?

Do we make reparations to the people who have their children unfairly removed by DFS?

Why the hell do we need to "make reparations" to people--thousands of them!--who crashed our borders? This is as ridiculous as the caravan people saying we should pay them, or the other ones suing the U.S. Except in this case it's one of our own damn representatives calling for it. Smh...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The US does not have to pay reparations for crimes committed .The very fact that an illegal alien is in then US is a crime.
Just an effort to coax more illegals into the US to vote Democrat. Besides the zombies , the only voting base they have left.
And , this "Rep" (and I use the term loosely) is a Rep from Washington State
I explained that rather well..

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
At least Democrats are actively trying to lose in 2020.

Seriously who would vote for these idiots?

(post by Guiltyguitarist removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Reparations to people committing a crime? When we commit a crime we pay fines. If we have kids we risk them being taken away and that happens a real lot in this country.

What kind of crazy fool would propose something stupid like that, they will increase families coming here so they can collect a lucritive paycheck. Maybe that is what the Democrats want, families storming the border, jeopardizing the health and safety of their kids along the way.

Is it safe to discriminate against fools or is that now socially unacceptable or bias?

(post by RalagaNarHallas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Repatriations...yes. Reparations....no.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
She should change her name to Rep. Pramila Paypal.

Right when you think the Dems have reached the pinnacle of insanity, they manage to raise the bar yet again. I always thought that politicians were supposed to be a little smarter than the average bear, boy was I ever wrong. Just in the last few years, they've completely crushed and shattered that image for me in spades.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Reparations for breaking the law.

They've no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Reparations? Great idea...let the Coyotes pay.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think anybody with ANY common sense knows where they can shove this. Its really sad that those who are supposed to know better dont. Seriously, are people suffering from some sort of undiagnosed degenerative brain disease? Yeesh.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It should be paid by taking it out of the salary of anyone who votes for this.
See how fast it dies when that is part of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

How about the government stop bankrupting our country on OTHER stupid programs before advocating for NEW stupid wasteful programs that do not help our citizens or our country... let’s try that for a change Politicians

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Still reeling from the horror of family separations you say?

Looked very horrified when you were at the SOTU clapping for yourselves.

I may set up a gofundme just for this, and ask her to donate. Maybe then we'll see how firm her belief is.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Still reeling from the horror of family separations you say?

They really could care less about family separations or they wouldn't support abortion.

Just an excuse to fleece us for their righteous little cause.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We both know that a baby doesn't exist. Its just a clump of cells that kicks every now and then. And when those cells exit the cell clump chute, they magically become a small child (not to be confused with the mythical baby) that has to run across the border.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So would this also apply to the millions of actual citizens separated from their children when they commit crimes?
Should we incarcerate entire families when a parent commits a criminal act?
Let's be clear, illegal aliens ARE criminals.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Assess them the costs of border enforcement.

top topics

join