It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange could be given asylum in Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

An hour-long debate was held in the Swiss city this week to discuss how whistleblowers can be protected. At the end of the debate, right-wing People’s Party politician Eric Bertinat proposed a measure to offer the Wikileaks founder asylum – something that was backed by the majority of the chamber.

Julian Assange could be given ASYLUM in Switzerland after vote held in Geneva

He has been trapped in the Ecuadorian embassy for almost 7 years now. I don't think it is the rape charges that worry Assange. His fear is what the US will do to him for publishing the leaks that were given to him to publish on his website.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

what did he actually publish that was amazing scandalous secrets? all seems quite mundane stuff to me that everyone knew anyway. kind of a let down to me was wikileaks

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's been so long ago that I already forgot what exactly he said that put him in this situation, because the rape charges were just a way to get him.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Why can't he go to his adopted Ecuador?

I am not sure the Swiss will want the untried rapist Assange, along with all the complications he brings. Anyway, he has first to face a criminal charge in the UK and then he's free to do what he wants. I expect he'll wait for Brexit to be complete because that closes down the European arrest warrant being restarted by the Swedes.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Alleged rapist, you never heard of a honey trap?

How will brexit prevent Britain from cooperating with Interpol?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
Alleged rapist, you never heard of a honey trap?

How will brexit prevent Britain from cooperating with Interpol?

Yes, heard of honey traps. Also heard of celebrities getting out of sex crimes because celebrities cannot be deviants in some people's minds.

Assange was wanted under a European Arrest Warrant, which is an EU thing. Interpol has nothing to do with it. If/when the UK leave the EU they are likely to leave the mechanics of the EAW.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

what did he actually publish that was amazing scandalous secrets? all seems quite mundane stuff to me that everyone knew anyway. kind of a let down to me was wikileaks

He published military secrets that an army guy that is now a girl gave him. I think that is the one the US is most upset about.

edit on 10-2-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Isn’t Switzerland part of the EU? How will he be any safer there if the EUW still stands? Don’t Interpol deal with international crime, why wouldn’t they be involved if he was wanted for arrest?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Wikileaks also published the Panama and paradise papers, the female investigative journalist who leaked them to wikileaks was later murdered in a car bomb.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Of course Wikileaks also published the the hacked emails from the DNC and HRC along with the hacking tools that came from the US gov. I can't think of any other journalist that has shed more light on what the governments of this planet are up to.

ETA: And if there is a deadman switch and it ever gets activated image the secrets that will be released. These secrets may be the only reason he is still alive.

edit on 10-2-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

top topics

join