It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granny goes to prison because she helped an green card holder vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

What do you mean she didn't take it to court? She got charged and was at court and on top of that got sentenced.

You are correct. I misspoke. She didn't take it to trial.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey, I know some people in their sixties who think they can get away with anything because they are senior citizens. They are not all nice law abiding people, some figure they can do anything they want and get away with it/

Lock her up for two months and stop her from getting her social security for those two months. She will learn not to be breaking the law, so will her friends. You do not give someone a break just because they are seniors, some are pretty good at playing the system to get what they want.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You are correct. I misspoke. She didn't take it to trial.

You misspoke again
Court=Trial

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Have a National Voter identification, to get it they have to prove they are Citizens and not felons gets renewed every 10 years. If Mexico can do it, so can we...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I WAITED for years for my right to vote.

Screw these people.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Had she gone to trial on those charges and lost, she faced a potential sentence of five years in prison and $250,000 in fines.

It said she didn't take it to trial.

www.washingtonpost.com... =.c2c260a4f5d4

edit on 10-2-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Definitely needs to be hanged, and put on display at a major border crossing point.

Sorry you feel that way...
Most of us don't...

Hey what is up with North Carolina anyway?

Focus... I know it's hard, but try and keep up with the class. This is about someone being complicit to illegal activities. Not about wherever you are trying desperately to steer this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

On the voter registration card she helped him fill out, they left a question about citizenship unanswered, the release said. Paige told investigators that she then submitted the form to the Board of Elections for processing. But later on in the process, another person erroneously checked the citizenship question “Yes,” so Espinosa-Pena was registered to vote, Higdon’s office says.

That is a crime. She consciously assisted someone in illegally registering to vote. Just because she didn't check the box, her actions allowed someone else to do so.

During her sentencing Thursday, Paige told the court she did not know that Espinosa-Pena could not lawfully vote.

“The reason it happened is because there was no training about whether or not legal aliens could vote — never — all of the elections I’ve ever worked,” she said, according to a transcript of the hearing that was published by HuffPost.

She did not know that only US citizens can vote in US elections? Really?

She should never be allowed in the polls again... that includes to cast her own vote. She broke the law, and ignorance is no excuse... especially when it is ignorance of something so damned obvious!

2 months... not enough. A $250 fine... nowhere near enough. A year in prison I could live with; a $10,000 fine I could live with. Also, her boyfriend should be immediately deported and barred from the country.

For those who are suggesting leniency... at what age can I violate the law with impunity? I want a number, because if I get impunity from law enforcement, I gots me some muggings and bank robberies planned out!

Excerpts from the Washington Post.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

at what age can I violate the law with impunity? I want a number, because if I get impunity from law enforcement, I gots me some muggings and bank robberies planned out!

that it ??????????????????????????

PHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i has genocides to plan - if i ever gets " above teh law "

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Laws apply to everyone. It's that simple.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

Yeah, she CERTAINLY should never be allowed to work at the polls again.

She will be .
She’s EXACTLY the type of person ‘they’ want working at the polls.
EXACTLY the type.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Obviously sarcasm is a foreign concept to you.

Speaking of illegal activities, from my source..

Several people have told reporters that Dowless paid them to pick up mail-in ballots, a felony under North Carolina law due to tampering concerns.

The term felony, in some common law countries, is defined as a serious crime

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Oh but that’s different because you’re a potato, right?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join