It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granny goes to prison because she helped an green card holder vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well. Here is some news.

A woman helped register her green card boyfriend to vote. The piece refers to her as a Grandmother for the sympathy card.

A 66-year-old woman from North Carolina was sentenced to two months in prison this week for encouraging her boyfriend to vote and helping him fill out his voter registration form, even though he was not eligible.

I think this is a good thing. She knew what she was doing was illegal.

She had been caught in an aggressive push by U.S. Attorney Robert Higdon Jr. to focus on the prosecution of noncitizens for voting, rather than the ballot-tampering allegations in Bladen County, N.C. Republicans across the country, including President Trump, have sought to paint illegal voting as a widespread phenomenon that threatens the integrity of American elections.

www.washingtonpost.com... =.4b101f4c5807

Well there it is ATS.

Does she deserve prison time?

ETA. I had to change title and some other words because he was not an illegal alien. He had his green card.
edit on 9-2-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Does she deserve prison time?

Yes. She broke the law.

Are we going to stop punishing law breakers and have a different application of the law now? I mean, we do anyway.

We live in a god damned Banana Republic.

Give the bitch a parade. I'm sure some will want to.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Prison time seems harsh to me, but I'm glad she got caught. Hopefully a fair fine will teach her that's not acceptable.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Considering illegals voting undermines our entire democracy this is close to treason. I would lock her up and throw away the key since she did this knowingly and didn’t care.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Voting is perhaps the single most important privilege/right a citizen has.
This needs to be a tool that is used exclusively by the citizens of that country.

Any non citizen found to be voting or any citizen encouraging/enabling a non citizen to vote needs to be jailed/deported.

Now I hope they go after the organisations and NGOs that did it on a large scale

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And she works the polls during election time. I wonder how many more she allowed to vote?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Prison time seems harsh to me, but I'm glad she got caught. Hopefully a fair fine will teach her that's not acceptable.

I think it is not long enough, honestly.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm sure she'll serve minimum time. Between some possible time served and "good behavior/low risk" she might only be in for a week or tow. If at all.

I'd hope that's the case, because just going through the process is hardship enough for the crime. We are way to easy on violent crime convictions.

It sends a message, which is really the point.
edit on 9-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Considering illegals voting undermines our entire democracy this is close to treason. I would lock her up and throw away the key since she did this knowingly and didn’t care.

I don't about locking her up for life, but maybe take away her voting privileges and never let her work the polls again. I think the 250,000 dollar find should still be mandatory.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Illegals voting is going to be the new big thing in our next election. Why do you think Dems are so gung-ho about letting illegals in? I mean wake up people.

They say "prison time" but if she was prosecuted at the state level that's county time and only 40 days at that. If it was federal it would be %80 on the 2 months. Short time regardless. But it is nice to see people being held accountable for there crimes.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

And she works the polls during election time. I wonder how many more she allowed to vote?

This probably happens all the time everywhere.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It’s a good start

So now the far left does not want old people or people with kids to go to jail for helping crimals break immigration laws

Use a plastic straw, your a nazi

Misgender someone and you deserve life in jail

If it’s a close race and illegal votes puts a democrat in office, I think some republicans will use their 2nd amendment rights to correct the situation.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm sure she'll serve minimum time. Between some possible time served and "good behavior/low risk" she might only be in for a week or tow. If at all.

I'd hope that's the case, because just going through the process is hardship enough for the crime. We are way to easy on violent crime convictions.

She got 2 months prison because she didn't take it to court.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think that 2 months is fairly light for what she did. And she should never be in a position with the voting as she was before. Having her voting rights removed for doing this particular crime would seem very appropriate.

I'd go for the same for the large groups doing it, too.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yeah, she CERTAINLY should never be allowed to work at the polls again.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Definitely needs to be hanged, and put on display at a major border crossing point.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Definitely needs to be hanged, and put on display at a major border crossing point.

I think that may be taking it to far, maybe just in a little 6x6 jail cell at a major border crossing.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey what is up with North Carolina anyway?

Republican Mark Harris needs to testify under oath as to what he knows about alleged absentee ballot fraud in the 9th Congressional District election, his opponent said Tuesday.

www.wral.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Hey what is up with North Carolina anyway?

Republican Mark Harris needs to testify under oath as to what he knows about alleged absentee ballot fraud in the 9th Congressional District election, his opponent said Tuesday.

www.wral.com...

Lol. NC. It is time to pull the plug and drain it all.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

She got 2 months prison because she didn't take it to court.

She got 2 months because she's lucky. It has become painfuly obvious that illegals voting is the next big thing. What do you mean she didn't take it to court? She got charged and was at court and on top of that got sentenced. Pretty light if you ask me. I've done prison time on way less of a charge. I'm sure if Hillary was president everything would be ok. lol I give up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join