It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Trump just trolled the Dems & @AOC in epic fashion. Brilliant!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheRedneck

When sheep and wolves are debating, sometimes there is no compromise.

the politicians (democrats and republicans) are the wolves
the people of the united states are the sheep.

Should be the other way 'round.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

a reply to: TheRedneck

When sheep and wolves are debating, sometimes there is no compromise.

the politicians (democrats and republicans) are the wolves
the people of the united states are the sheep.

Should be the other way 'round.

how so?

the politicians have the power.
they have the blind following of the people registered to their party.
a republican can pass a gun grab law and no one seems to care.
a democrat tries the same thing and all of a sudden we get thread after thread of hatred.

the balance of power is terribly skewed towards those elected into office. (regardless of their political affiliation.)

edit on 10-2-2019 by subfab because: added stuff

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

"When people fear the government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

but people don't fear the government.
heck, people are okay with gun grab laws as long as the person who passes it is registered like they are.
people follow politicians like teenagers follow rock stars.
you can't have a calm conversation with most of the people in the united states about politics. no one seems to care that the people in charge are leading them to debt, war, and loss of rights.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
REVEALED: How President Trump trolled Democrats during the State of the Union Address.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have been reading about technology that can bring water to the moon and mars,and it even seems cheaper than the GND,just harvest the ice rings of Saturn (can i get your vote now kids?)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

wanna get the insider scoop on just what the next 6 years of Trump's Leadership Roadmap will look like ?

go to this link on YT...its' 40:04 long but covers a lot of issues the Trumpster will likely get accomplished in the 2 years of this first term and the term after the 2020 election

-> www.youtube.com...

there's a handful of surprises in this open interview, (incl some coarse language by Mr Steele) have some fun with the Swamp Draining/AOC & her wild notions on GND cluster-rama...

Yes, Virginia, there are Adults on Capitol Hill

edit on th28154983943610572019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
REVEALED: How President Trump trolled Democrats during the State of the Union Address.

mobile.twitter.com...

Trump isn't the Commander in Chief, he's the Troll in Chief.

Is America the only country in the world who's leader is an Internet troll? You must be proud...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Justoneman

I think the Hydrogen power by splitting Water using Solar Panels is the prize winner.

Electrolysis is only storage, like a battery... however, unlike a typical battery, it is dense enough storage to possibly power some transportation. The real trick with implementing that right now is storage of the hydrogen... hydrogen molecules are so small they can actually slip between other molecules in most solids. That means that even solid steel containers leak hydrogen, especially under pressure.

There is work going on into using some sort of graphene container. The graphene structure holds promise for containing even molecules as small as hydrogen, but so far I haven't heard of any major breakthroughs.

TheRedneck

That Hydrogen car I write about so much over the years was H2 on DEMAND.... Use a battery for the start and keep charging the battery via the motor and solar when the motor is off and WALA! H2 on demand.

THAT is why I think it is the real game changer. Why don't they try that? Maybe, cause water is everywhere.

ETA

And OH YEA I like the ideas I see lately, but nothing for us to use yet.
edit on 10-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I already said we are entering into an idiocracy. That goes for both sides.

Hey dude! Them's a my words

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Stop putting BREAKING in thread titles that inevitably become old ffs!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

H2 on demand is a far safer and more efficient method than stored hydrogen, to be sure. But then we have a problem... under classical hydrolysis, no energy is created. The energy in the hydrogen produced is the same (less when considering efficiency) than the energy originally in the electricity used. It's no different than attaching a fan blade to a motor, pointing it at another fan blade attached to a generator, and wiring the generator to the motor. Spin the motor and it'll keep running... for a little while. It'll slowly slow to a stop, because of the inefficiency in the system.

As for solar: a car covers less than 100 square feet of area, which is roughly 9 square meters. At peak, a bright sunny day at high noon, those cells will receive at most 1000 or so watts of energy per square meter and produce about 215 watts per square meter. That's a total of 1945 watts, or, in more common terms, 2.5 horsepower.

2.5 horsepower is not enough to power a modern car.

The electric car, like the Tesla, is more efficient because the electricity is converted directly into mechanical energy. It has its drawbacks... it must be charged every so often, and charging, while improving, is still slower than simply filling up a tank with fluid fuel. It also needs charging more often than a gasoline car. The advantage hydrogen possesses over electric is that hydrogen can be stored, but that is then subject to the problems I mentioned above.

IF (and this is the big if) there were a way to split water using less power than hydrolysis, then your idea would have merit. So far as I know, there is no known way to do that... yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Some do which makes the demographic so easy to try to win elections if you know how. 1000's of staffers on the DNC side and Trump had in reality starting 5 or 6 people and an office. Think about this. A man with NO political experience decides to run for president. Beats all of the GOP contenders. Then goes on to get the nomination. Then holds his own in the debates....and wins the presidency.

I have more change walking onto the Yankees and playing in this years All-Star game at 47 then Trump did to win.

What is better? What is running 24/7 on every news channel? Trump. Every talk show? Trump. Every awards show? Trump. Celebrity interviews? Trump. Actors? Trump. Sports Icons? Trump. He is everywhere. Over 90% negative but even bad press is press. P.T Barnum said that.

The country? Yes, it may be circus but not because of the ring master but because of the f'n clowns.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-10T22:28:18-06:001018 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Who can blame anyone for wanting to distance themselves from such an utterly ludicrous proposal? "Ocasio-Cortez adviser admits he falsely claimed Green New Deal didn't promise security for those 'unwilling' to work'"

If he had an ounce of integrity he would go back on Carlson’s show and apologize...but wait... we’re talking about a leftist here, so never mind.
Green New Deal

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
I can stand the tweets its part of the times in which we live. But for the life of me I could never stand that cocky walk of Obama. It is dangerous. Hope and change just like climate change all a Marxist ruse. You on the left will be touchy goody feely to give up things to a lie then slap your in a bread line. Being pulled from work to hand harvest wheat cause no more vehicles. You the proletariat will live in misery while your Hollywood actors, rock stars, globalist politicians and the elite sip wine and eat cake. When God is more totally ripped from your lexicon and government is your master you will be in your self made hell.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I have more change walking onto the Yankees and playing in this years All-Star game at 47 then Trump did to win.

This would have made sense had you written it before the election. Writing it retrospectively, actually no, Trump Winning had better odds.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I agree with you 100% the only reason trump is against climate change legislation is it will directly affect business
and his money and the money of his friends !

It's government and assholes in business globally like trump denying anything about climate change because the opposing party says its real !

these self serving assholes only care about their own life and their own pockets, they dont care about the future generations
who will have to live in domes so they can breathe clean air or drink highly filtered water !

They dont care all of our food will be synthetic because nothing will grow naturally in the toxic planet we created!

How the # can you deny the planet that gives life to us all , just for some money !

pathetic! dont even deserve to be called humans

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

H2 on demand is a far safer and more efficient method than stored hydrogen, to be sure. But then we have a problem... under classical hydrolysis, no energy is created. The energy in the hydrogen produced is the same (less when considering efficiency) than the energy originally in the electricity used. It's no different than attaching a fan blade to a motor, pointing it at another fan blade attached to a generator, and wiring the generator to the motor. Spin the motor and it'll keep running... for a little while. It'll slowly slow to a stop, because of the inefficiency in the system.

As for solar: a car covers less than 100 square feet of area, which is roughly 9 square meters. At peak, a bright sunny day at high noon, those cells will receive at most 1000 or so watts of energy per square meter and produce about 215 watts per square meter. That's a total of 1945 watts, or, in more common terms, 2.5 horsepower.

2.5 horsepower is not enough to power a modern car.

The electric car, like the Tesla, is more efficient because the electricity is converted directly into mechanical energy. It has its drawbacks... it must be charged every so often, and charging, while improving, is still slower than simply filling up a tank with fluid fuel. It also needs charging more often than a gasoline car. The advantage hydrogen possesses over electric is that hydrogen can be stored, but that is then subject to the problems I mentioned above.

IF (and this is the big if) there were a way to split water using less power than hydrolysis, then your idea would have merit. So far as I know, there is no known way to do that... yet.

TheRedneck

Believe it or not you are wrong THIS ONE time..... Or at least it appears that way at the moment. I rarely think this about your posts.

By using the Battery, the MIT guys demonstrated at the Boston Museum of Science that a battery can be charged by solar charger and steal enough energy from the Sun to pull it off.

Here is a guy that is driving one now.
phys.org...

I know for a fact "THEY" shat upon this Dr of Agriculture.

ETA

Since it can be done we need to tweak it. The ideas that were being explored were not just that one either for the Dr.

I met him at an EPA event. They loved him but the media barely covered this.
edit on 11-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ya know people it's absolutely insane.

Modern civilization Achilles heel has always been our reliance on technology.

Green tech makes us even more dependant on it.

The difference is your entire existence would depend on the weather.

See climate change.

Think financial crisis on Wall Street.

It's great when the sun shines and the wind blows.

Throw in some hurricanes( bubbles bursting), and then your screwed.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think I misunderstood what you were looking at. Thank you for linking to an article on it.

Ricketts has the solution: His fuel sources for the 1994 Toyota Tercel and 2005 Toyota Prius will be hydrogen from water separated by solar power, all produced on the MTSU campus.

He is not producing the hydrogen on demand. All of the hydrogen is produced in a campus facility, and he is probably using a very low-powered vehicle that takes advantage of every practical fuel saving technology. That is possible. Electric cars do it all the time, as do hybrids. Electrical energy is generated form the wheels instead of the motor, for example, when the brake is applied, using energy normally wasted as heat.

You'll notice that his 2600-mile trip will also take 5 days. It's a three-day trip now in a typical vehicle. That supports the idea that his vehicle is taking full advantage of all technologies for fuel economy. It likely accelerates very slowly and doesn't reach a high maximum speed... That is to minimize fuel economy.

Using such a vehicle, it is completely possible to traverse 2600 miles on the amount of hydrogen that can be carried on the trip, just like his previous trip was completed on only 2.15 gallons of gas. That is not, however, practical for the average person. It would be far easier and more efficient to simply set up a solar charger and battery bank at home and charge an electric car from solar power that way. If the solar cells are not mounted on the car, all of my calculations above are meaningless; the solar array can be as physically large as need be.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join