It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Trump just trolled the Dems & @AOC in epic fashion. Brilliant!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Actually, I have a brilliant idea. Why don't we do nothing and watch ourselves disappear from the face of the Earth along with a majority of species? Yeah, it's going to take a while, so better grab a huge popcorn and beer. Oh, what am I thinking? Republicans and their base are doing that already. Sorry, I did not meant to steal your idea.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

What makes humans so effing special ?

If it's our time, it's our time.

Of course we could do what we've always done in over 10 milennial.

Adapt. Instead of taxing the rain, and water, and making products more expensive.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

see that's the problem, green energy is great but energy storage technology isn't yet advanced enough to handle our needs and we cant rely on lithium either because once production becomes enough to fulfill our needs we'll only have 20 years left of it, as it is solar and wind are putting a strain on the grid and the more we build the worse it gets.

green technology isn't ready and isn't advancing fast enough to actually replace oil and gas yet, people need to stop pushing it so hard before they destroy the power grid, it's forcing us to keep the bigger more polluting peak power plants online longer and longer, the way it's going more peak power plants will be needed if we keep building solar and wind power at the current rate.

green technology is only going to increases pollution until power storage technology catches up.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They have officially hit Ludicrous speed.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Every time I look at the commits on trumps twitter the majority of them are not on his side.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: iplay1up2

My next door neighbor, installed Solar panels on his roof last spring. When it was 117 degrees here, he recieved CREDIT, on his electric bill, while I paid hundreds.

Clearly Green energy works. The problem with wind turbines, is just like any home fan, they need a screen, then birds won't be killed.

If you want to install solar panels, go for it. Far be it from me to advise you otherwise.

I'm not going to install them, at least not right now. The main reason is that after spending thousands of dollars on installation, you will get sporadic results depending on the weather and temperature. You will save money on your electric bill; that's a fact. However, you would make much more than you spent in most cases by putting the money into a CD. It can take 10 years or more to break even on solar cell installation, and they won't last much beyond that... less if anything like tree branches hit them.

Now if you want to talk about the biggest and best "green" energy option out there, we can talk about LED light bulbs. My house and shop are both 100% LED, and it has saved me a ton in electric bills with absolutely no side effects. I can still see as well as I could with the incandescents, and some of these bulbs have been running for over 4 years now. That makes economic sense.

Solar panels do not make economic sense. But then again, neither do most cars. I have a nice car, so I'm not going to berate you for installing solar panels. Just be aware of what you are installing, and don't try to force others to do the same.

TheRedneck

I think the Hydrogen power by splitting Water using Solar Panels is the prize winner. I saw that many years back at the Boston Museum of Science. They used the hydrogen in that experiment to charge a battery. Highly efficient since the energy originates from the Sun and this borrows the energy to crack Water into H2 and O2.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: Justoneman

If you read a little further, you'd see that the poster is in Australia and it's already tomorrow there.

I know the poster well. It was the in your face part of the "future" post by DJT.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Actually, I have a brilliant idea. Why don't we do nothing and watch ourselves disappear from the face of the Earth along with a majority of species? Yeah, it's going to take a while, so better grab a huge popcorn and beer. Oh, what am I thinking? Republicans and their base are doing that already. Sorry, I did not meant to steal your idea.

It looks like we have another reality denier.

The Temperatures are cooler than they were before the IPCC changed the values.

They lied to you.

It is going to be a continuation of the Ice Age with a cooling for the next several decades. Cooling will cause the death of the people more than warming because the Earth can't produce food in the ice.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Your "economic sense" is the problem.

It's not just "economic sense" but also economic stability. Ignoring economic sense assumes that there are unlimited resources; there are not. That's the single concept behind economics: limited resources.

I could go out and spend every dime I have on "green" energy improvements... every single dime, and then go deeply into debt. It's become a growing industry, and one that is chock full of scams as well. But what would that accomplish? Well, for one I would likely starve to death for lack of resources to buy food. Two, I wouldn't be able to upgrade any more if newer and cheaper and more efficient technology were to be introduced.

Now how would that help the country or the planet?

When it's too expensive to reduce pollution, when it's too hard to find a trash can so we just toss our s@#t on the ground, when we feel slightly inconvenienced to be better stewards of our planet, most people say f#$k it. Litter this beeotch up.

That is not what I am saying. I am saying that solar cell technology at this point in time is simply not sufficient to cover our energy needs. Unless major breakthroughs are made, I don't foresee it ever becoming anything other than a fad and niche power source. The resources needed to produce and install the solar cells are simply too limited and thus too expensive (not to mention the large amounts of actual pollution, as in heavy metal pollution, that the manufacturing process creates).

As a niche power source, solar can be wonderful. I would love to have a set of panels (and I actually have some cells in my shop that I plan on using for WiFi extenders to more remote areas of my property where there are no power lines). I simply cannot justify them at this time. The need for power in the case of an outage compared to the cost and efficiency simply do not make them a viable investment.

No, it is the refusal to look at economic realities that is going to destroy far more than carbon dioxide ever could. Every dime that is used to implement something that will not work as expected for as long as expected is one less dime going into research for options that could work well. Some of my projects are into renewable energy systems; would you prefer I spend my money on installing inefficient solar cells rather than trying to find something better?

THAT is the thinking that is holding us back.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I think the Hydrogen power by splitting Water using Solar Panels is the prize winner.

Electrolysis is only storage, like a battery... however, unlike a typical battery, it is dense enough storage to possibly power some transportation. The real trick with implementing that right now is storage of the hydrogen... hydrogen molecules are so small they can actually slip between other molecules in most solids. That means that even solid steel containers leak hydrogen, especially under pressure.

There is work going on into using some sort of graphene container. The graphene structure holds promise for containing even molecules as small as hydrogen, but so far I haven't heard of any major breakthroughs.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Whatever, over 90% of Climatologists have said Global Warming, needs to be slowed immediately. Make fun of Climate change, all you want, but it's very real.

Republicans, still look to the environment coal and oil, to supply our energy, newsflash it is not 1970 anymore.

My next door neighbor, installed Solar panels on his roof last spring. When it was 117 degrees here, he recieved CREDIT, on his electric bill, while I paid hundreds.

Clearly Green energy works. The problem with wind turbines, is just like any home fan, they need a screen, then birds won't be killed.

Anyway, of the Republicans aren't concerned about climate change, the Democrats will have to deal with it.

Next month, I am putting Solar panels on our house, right after we have the roof shingles all taken off, and replaced. I am looking forward to keeping my house at 75 degrees, in the summer, with zero guilt!
People really should try to research things more before putting opinions out as fact. Solar is great in California or Florida , but not so much in Montana. Wind farms stretch across huge swaths of land ... miles and miles and miles, plus they kill eagles and other birds. Really it’s nice that you enjoy solar panels but stop trying to make everyone fit into a view that’s impractical and unrealistic. Green energy is no better. By the way I think you should throw away your computer and your toothbrush right now because petroleum was used to make them. But you’re good with that sacrifice right ??? You’re good with not having those veggies and other foods shipped to your grocery via truck and barge ?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: watchitburn

The left has gone far beyond out of their minds.

They've gone plaid.

no this is not correct.

both sides of the aisle are guilty of dividing our country.
from the republican gun grab laws to the democrats drafting legislation that won't help anyone, it's a bipartisan assault on the american people.

I don't think we should compromise our rights under the constitution of the United States of America just so we can all be "united". In fact, I firmly stand on helping alert and encourage people to step away from those drafting legislation that won't help anyone, is unconstitutional and quite frankly, is complete lunacy. I do not want to be united with the illogical.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the proposed GREEN NEW DEAL is too big to Not Fail...

all AOC is hoping for is to mobilize a 3 million member army of Latter-Day-Brownshirts needed to try and Begin building up the oversight and manpower needed to implement the Spectrum of Social-Engineering needed to GREEN the social-economic system

what she will be satisfied with is a mobilized, paid-for, civilian employee work force to implement her vision of a strictly ruled Technocracy a social-democrat Technocracy

one idea I have is to have the power grid restructured for LNG and 24Volt DC power sources & appliances... cold fusion too

muscle cars are museum pieces in her future dystopia dreamscape

oh, btw, @realDonaldTrump is a staff of writers who get ideas signed off-on by DJT in his daily security breifings... otherwise the 72+ work-a-holic would get no Executive-Time to power nap

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Whatever, over 90% of Climatologists have said Global Warming, needs to be slowed immediately. Make fun of Climate change, all you want, but it's very real.

Republicans, still look to the environment coal and oil, to supply our energy, newsflash it is not 1970 anymore.

Anyway, of the Republicans aren't concerned about climate change, the Democrats will have to deal with it.

Next month, I am putting Solar panels on our house, right after we have the roof shingles all taken off, and replaced. I am looking forward to keeping my house at 75 degrees, in the summer, with zero guilt!

AOC is that you?
Associating temperature with solar efficiency was cute... and hysterical. At 10,000 feet my house has a solar efficiency of 94%. Before you enjoy your zero guilt lifestyle with you cooler running 24/7 you'd best research your output. Because you strike me as someone who wouldn't be very conservative energy wise. Talking like that...

That said will you be willing to pay my carbon tax seeing as my footprint is about 1/10 your size?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That's really the issue, isn't it?

The calls for united are fine and all... we should be united... but sometimes the cost of being united are simply too high. It's an extreme example, but if brown headed people wanted to pass a law that said blond headed people would be executed, it would be silly for blond headed people to go along with that just to be "united."

True unity is accomplished when both parties look at a situation from all sides and consider all reasonable concerns. That is not what we have. The DNC certainly is not doing so, and the GOP isn't exactly a shining star either (although they seem much more flexible in their approach than the DNC).

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

When sheep and wolves are debating, sometimes there is no compromise.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I'm wondering if there is any difference between a Technocracy and a Theocracy.

Follow me here: Under a Theocracy, religious belief is the basis for all laws. Since religious belief is by definition a belief and not provably factual, there is no logical or realistic argument that can be made against the laws in a Theocracy. This is what makes it so dangerous.

Under a Technocracy, especially one in which the majority of the people receive their technical knowledge from news organizations which themselves have little to no technical knowledge and a political agenda to 'spin' whatever technical information they get and understand, 'science; becomes a system of beliefs rather than a system of investigation into phenomena. Since these beliefs are based in the understanding or misunderstanding of scientific principles, they cannot be challenged using logical or reasonable arguments. Therefore there is no difference between a Theocracy and a Technocracy unless the majority of the citizens in a Technocracy are all well-versed in science.

I do not know of any society in which that is the case. Scientists are not very common in human society - the training and mathematical aptitude, both of which are quite severe, are simply not conducive to establishing a majority of scientists.

Ergo, no real difference between a Theocracy and a Technocracy. Just different people in the same power roles.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nice

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheRedneck

When sheep and wolves are debating, sometimes there is no compromise.

the politicians (democrats and republicans) are the wolves
the people of the united states are the sheep.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join